main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Book of Boba Fett 1.05 - Chapter 5 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 25, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 2, 2022.
  1. 10

42.7%
  2. 9

32.7%
  3. 8

10.5%
  4. 7

7.0%
  5. 6

1.8%
  6. 5

1.2%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

1.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "It's a little known fact that the original name of this ringworld was Mahli." -- Bren Derlin

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  2. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Re: The Armorer letting Mando keep the beskar

I think that there's a general respect amongst Mandalorians of all factions about the sanctity of a Mando and their personal set of armor, assuming they've earned it legitimately. It's worth noting that Boba doesn't even claim to be a Mandalorian himself, only that he's Jango's son and thus the rightful heir of the family armor as per tradition and that ends up being good enough for Din. I don't think The Armorer could possibly think much less of Bo-Katan but if she walked into their covert with her helmet off and all I can't imagine The Armorer's first move would be to demand she turn over her sacred family armor because she was unworthy of possessing it. In any case stripping a Mandalorian of their armor is a much harsher punishment than mere exile and I imagine it is reserved for only the worst possible crimes and certainly only in situations where you are prepared to use lethal force to back it up.
    TLDR: I think a Mando who has "lost the way" in the eyes of the beholder wearing the armor is perceived differently than someone like Cobb Vanth who just picked up a set at the black market one day. Note that someone like Almec doesn’t consider Jango, and thus presumably foundlings as a concept, to be a Mandalorian in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    godisawesome , Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, there didn't seem to be anything at all off about the Armorer letting him walk away with the armor on. Felt perfectly natural, no matter what had been said before.

Darth__Lobot, CampOfSorgan and Sproj like this.
  4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Plus he just bested Senior Viszla and managed to protect that special kid while everyone was after him, it is not like Din can't defend himself even if she tried. Additionally, the way the conversation went, it was left open that he is now on a quest of redemption, he didn't say now and she didn't say it was impossible. So all these things factored in, it would make no sense TO TRY taking his armour.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Best analogy about the show

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Are we seeing two looks for Klatoonians on BOBF and the Mandalorian? The more traditional look from Return of the Jedi - I always saw them as greenish sort of lizard men like Barada. And now we are seeing some with fuller faces that look more like dogs. Boba Chapter 5 even had a few of these with Dalmatian type spots. Or are these two different types of aliens?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  7. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Just watched this one. Loved it.
    The opening stuff with the bounty was super dark.
    The ring city (or planet) was really cool.
    Loved the stuff with the N1 Starfighter and all the music during it.
    Peli Motto is definitely becoming one of my favorite reoccurring characters.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Same species. Just like humans, they have variations. If Lucasfilm has the budget for it, that is. ;)

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not only that, but Din also fell off a platform without a railing in this episode. Double-relatability.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Hearing Mando's theme again and hearing his voice made me smile. I didn't have a problem with Mando appearing again in Boba's show in such a prominent way either, because at the end of the day this is a shared timeline with an interconnected story.

Sarge and CampOfSorgan like this.