main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yet I still say this is the best version of Boba we've ever had so i'm not to sadden to lose what previous Boba was like.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2022
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I’m actually happy that we now have two different versions of Boba, both of which are awesome in their own way.

Riv_Shiel and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's more like several different verisons

80's Boba
    90's Boba
    2000's Boba

and now Present day Boba

4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    You forgot '70s Boba, friend.

5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Agreed. That one needs more cred and exposure.

But I pretty much agree with Vialco in that there's nothing wrong with this new version in terms of intentions. The issue is that it's too rushed and should have had more thought behind it. Now, if this was a story about Boba Fett rising to this position over the curse of two or three decades, that would be fine. But too much happens too fast.

But for what it's worth, I do like how Temura Morrison handled it. He brought plenty of humanity to the role and that's why I was able to enjoy it despite the story being too compressed and without sufficient focus on Boba himself. You can't really deny that Morrison would be a fun guy to hang out with on set. He loves the thrill of acting, and that's what makes him relatable.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    AusStig likes this.
  6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Definitely agree. It was an evolution.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, what we were really missing was why Boba had a mid-life crisis following the sarlacc attack. We're given the impression it was sarlacc scare + the Tusken experience that reawakened his memories of his father and the sense of family he apparently had been hiding since... AOTC. So alright, if we accept that, are we therefore to assume that all those years in between, over decades of murdering a bazillion folks, he was really wishing he could someday make things right? Someday make the galaxy a better place? Because that's certainly what he wants in BoBF -- he's supposedly sick and tired of working for folks like Jabba and Vader, and wants to rule with loyalty.

But where has Boba ever witnessed loyalty before? Where has he seen the thing he's aspiring to? There is no basis in the story for this inspiration in his character. That's the problem with this story.

(I did love the series because it was entertaining, but yeah, the plot was all over the place... with a little tweaking it could have been excellent)

Vialco likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well if they ever get a season 2 they can work on it

9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    At this point, given how sluggish these productions move and the traffic jam situation of having to wait until one has finished shooting before another begins, a second season of this show would just detract from other stuff that needs to be filmed.

It works on a very basic level as a one and done story without any immediate sequel hooks.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean very true and I'm personally okay with Boba plays a secondary role in Mando's story in general.

Sarge likes this.
  11. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Speaking of which... Uh, why does this goofy Auralnauts trailer go a long way toward redeeming the series for me?

12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Because it completely embraces that BoBF had a lot of 70's 80's b and c cinema DNA in it?

13. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    True! I just wish the actual show had leaned more into that John Carpenter energy.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Catching up with the Star Wars 2020 comics last night and saw this. Had to do a double-take.

15. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

This is quite funny.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm still waiting for new canon Boba to be pistol whipping a pink dinosaur. When they mentioned the mythosaur in episode 5 I thought we were going to get it. But we DID get Boba riding a Rancor which was everything to me. Now he needs to be riding a pink dinosaur and fighting a ranor. There's Season 2.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    So, I finished the series. And... i was underwhelmed. At best. I'm not sure I should repeat what's been said about lack of direction, Boba coming off as so passive in the present-day he might as well have been in carbonite, how... odd the Mods were, how much I didn't give a damn about most of the cast...

You know what? Lemme focus on Fennec for a second. She seemed so bored most of the time. Her and Boba? Almost no chemistry. the only time she seemed alive was when she was talking to Din! I mean those scenes of her rattling off exposition? I turned down the volume. She sounded so lifeless. Lemme show you something.

Min-Na Wen in the immortal live-action Street Fighter, explaining to M Bison why she hates him so. She shows a billion times more passion and emotion here than she did in 99% of her scenes in the Booklet of Boba Fett.

And because I didn't really care about these characters? That big action finale was boring. It was shooty-shooty, bang-bang that was just eh at best. Like, whatever overall. I felt sorriest for the Gamorreans because when they died, no one gave a damn nor did they even get any kriffin' names. I mean come on!

It's sad that it's 100% accurate that the best episodes of this 'show' were the ones with Din in the lead. Pa-thetic!

So, yeah. The Pamphlet of Boba Fett? Far less than the sum of its parts, and the parts weren't all that good to begin with

19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Maybe they didn't want her to show emotion. Why have an assassin with a long history be given over to her emotions?

20. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Also the best episode was clearly number 2.

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Binged episodes 1-6 the other day with a friend (he had to leave before episode 7 so we didn't make it all the way through, unfortunately) but it was at least as enjoyable the second time around as the first. This series is an absolute blast. Flawed? Sure, but I'm having too much fun to care!

BigAl6ft6 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  22. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hey gang

thinking of watching the series today. saved it to binge watch and haven't gotten to it.

why is it called the book of boba fett

shouldn't it be

the boba fett show?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    There's not showing emotion, and then there's, "Has my paycheck cleared, yet?" Ming-Na Wen was 1000% the latter.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know they talked a lot about it in the TV section but i'm not sure if we talked a lot about it here but I wouldn't be surprised, if Book of Boba Fett had a shorter production time and thus was a rushed job, hence why it feels underdeveloped.

25. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Ming Na Wen was not putting in a paycheck performance, she is over the moon about being a star war