main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    2022 is the year of star wars.

JediFett10 likes this.
  2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I actually think, if Disney is afraid of overlap then some of these Star Wars shows are probably not going to hit until 2023, given that there’s an onslaught of Marvel shows coming. She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion, Ms Marvel, Armour Wars etc

Realistically, 2022 is probably Boba Fett, Kenobi, Bad Batch season 2. Mando season 3 in 2023, with Andor probably a late December/early January thing.

Vialco likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think mando season 3 for december, andor soon after boba and kenobi in juni bad batch soon after. I dont think they are afraid of overlapping anymore.

Vialco likes this.
  4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Book of Boba’s release leads me to think otherwise.

Also, Andor only recently finished filming this week. It wasn’t done on the Volume, and it’s 12 episodes instead of the typical 6-8 of Mando, Kenobi, Boba. They aren’t going to have it ready that soon.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Vialco likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They can do kenobi after boba and andor in summer bad batch soon after. And have mando IK december. They already filming mando now and with volume goes faster.

Vialco likes this.
  6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Means nothing if they have to space the shows out to accomodate what Marvel’s doing. And there’s a lot more marvel coming than Star Wars.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well boba airs same time as the ending of hawkeye.

Vialco likes this.
  8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    That’s not really much of an overlap, so much as it’s a segue.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You also have bad batch overlapp with marvel shows. But its an animated show, so probaly not mean mutch. But if they want star wars going all year, then they have overlap or be very close between.

10. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    I always thought that Disney’s reluctance to overlap shows was to ensure they constantly have new content coming in. Now that lack of content is no longer an issue, I doubt they’ll be as hesitant to keep everything separated as much as possible.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Godfather but in space!

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    now it will be Godfather vs Godmother.

JediFett10 likes this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Temuera Morrison is just so... so... gah. So ridiculously Star Wars. He magically vaults the insanely high bar the fanbase has set for Boba Fett's character.

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    You're so right! Maybe it's because I was a little 10 year old kid when AOTC was coming out and he was Jango Fett all over the place there but he just feels so right in this role and I love that they're giving him the spotlight. Long time coming, but he's absolutely earned it.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm Bobaskeptical as a rule, but I think this is exactly the sort of direction I needed from the character to get me interested in the series. I'm a sucker for mob politics.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Boba Fett taking on the Underworld and the remnants of Jabba's Empire.

Just like Talon Karrde ;p

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope this involes all the big fives syndicates.
    Just recent rumor, i have a feeling Crimson Dawn will be big for this show and other shows.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Please do not reveal Fennec Shand as Crimson Dawn betraying Boba in the end... pleaaaase noooo!

Tem totally owns that role and needs to keep going! Though I would not mind flashbacks to younger Boba played by Daniel Logan!

Boba taking the Underworld kinda reminds me of the Bounty Hunter storyline from TOR MMO...

@Sinrebirth Do you need OneCanon Aspirin yet regarding some ANH/ROTJ character fate changes TBOBF will bring about if this trailer is any hint? Guess the general fate and fall of Hutt Space is another point for debate to come knocking soon enough as the non-NR post Endor states get expansion.

I also like how they used abandoned TPM concept art for yet another Tatooine city in a sinkhole. New name or known name that was not pictured before I wonder? sizewise it could be the capital of Tatooine, Bestine.

Here is hoping Bib Fortunas brain will still end up in a B'omar Monk jar despite Fett "killing" him first.

What other characters from ANH/ROTJ etc. could appear do you think? Might we see some having found new lifes in the background? Like Malakili?

Also I hope they keep the B'omarr Monastery interior from Crosssections and do not alter it too much. Or keep the spiders as monks at least.

PS: Very important also:
    Bonus points if the show does either mention, namedrop or show Sernpidal briefly if not outright making Boba Fett the Major of Sernpidal... even if it is just the name of a city on Tatooine then lol please!

21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I think the visuals look fantastic, and yeah Morrison and Ming-Na Wen are excellent in these roles

pretty curious to see what happens

CampOfSorgan, JediFett10 and SWpants like this.
  22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Given that that wasn't even a real thing in Legends I wouldn't hold my breath. :p

23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Still it is kinda surprising that he is going into politics now, isn't it? Ok scrap S... just call him Major then!

24. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Interesting. A good tease.

I mean we know he's not a bounty hunter, just a man trying to make his way in the universe.

25. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I wonder if Boba with have any interaction good/bad with Cobb Vanth.