main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC "The bullies have won!" - things people say about this site

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Jan 31, 2018.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Everyone knows the best Star Wars forum is r/diapers.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think you have to many stars there. :p

Edit: I need to see this passive aggressive heels in action.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Heels, I didn’t know you were such a villain.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    never know how people will react when you forcibly deprive them of the pt social thread, starfish.

it's often quite tragic.

MrZAP, Sinrebirth , Seagoat and 5 others like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I bet people over at the Cantina don't correct other people's posts.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That place is like the lifeblood of the PT section. Seriously the social thread has contributed over 100,000 of the posts there. :p

@cubman987 you can always take it out on me in PT trivia.

cubman987 likes this.
  8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Daisy Ridley and/or her father haven't reviewed this board right? Please say no, please say no, please say no. [face_praying]

SuperWatto likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats very specific.

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It was an in-joke. You might have been on a ban at the time.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah, I have not been banned for over a year. I just usually don't read/post in JCC.

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  16. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Or the old Monday Night Wars between the WWF & WCW.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Edit: NVM

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm disappointed and, yes, why not, hurt, by what some of our most cherished posters, like @DantheJedi, are posting over those foreign boards. It's always the ones you expect the least.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  21. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    @Alexrd I think you got a mention at the top of page #3

Sinrebirth and Ghost like this.
  22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    See, I couldn't have a more different opinion. Those people are whiners. I've been suspended here maybe, what, I don't know, 3-4 times? But I've been here for 18 years or whatever it is, a ridiculous amount of time. I had all of those suspensions coming because I made my posts in anger or frustration and lashed out in ways that violated the rules. I shouldn't have let that happen, but I'm human, it does happen. The rules exist for a reason and I really believe they make the posting environment a better place.

I like that when I come on TFN, sure I can expect opinions with which I disagree, but people are asked to stay ON TOPIC and not go on long diatribes unrelated to the thread, or pop into every thread with their opinion about how much such and such sucks, even when that's not the topic of discussion. It's not "bullying" to me that the moderators try to keep things on target and on topic. I actually think the moderating has gotten even better lately, not worse. It probably seems "more intense" and "more tyrannical" simply because there are a lot more whiners than ever before, and some of them don't know how to express themselves in ways that focus on the issue at hand rather than attacking everyone else.

There's a big difference between, "The Last Jedi didn't offer what I wanted to see as a fan and it left me disappointed for X, Y, and Z reasons" and "Anyone who likes TLJ is just a fanboy who blatantly ignores the poor scripting, bad acting, and horrible directing. I guess some people just have no standards." You can see why the latter comment has no place in a discussion forum because there's no discussing it -- the person is just laying waste to everyone who disagrees. The first style leaves us able to debate about X, Y, and Z points in perhaps a productive manner, maybe even a manner where someone might soften their stance or change their mind after a few more viewings, who knows?

MrZAP, Outsourced, Rew and 4 others like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    @Bowen is our favorite ever since post #97.

[​IMG]

24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha I think "tolerated since post #97" may be more accurate :p You guys do a great job, though. There will always be people who complain. You can't ever moderate a forum without that. I served as moderator on several Star Wars forums way back in the day, and you'll get yelled at whatever you do. Keep the thread open, people complain. Close it, more complaining. Warn someone, you're abusing your power. Edit out an offensive part of the post, you're a Nazi whose trying to make this the 1984 of Star Wars forums. There's no winning, really. You just have to do the best you can do and maybe err on the side of a bit of lenience, but with nods and prods (warnings ha ha). Usually I think that's what happens, a moderator comes in and says, "Guys, let's keep it on topic, no more calling out other posters" and people behave. If they choose not to behave, well, they were warned.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    First they're remaking star wars movies, now they're remaking messageboard rivalries.

Is there no originality?