main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Calm Before - repost of SW Ep2 (Insert Pretentious Title Here) updated 3/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Jae, Jul 27, 2002.

1. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Hey, I always behave!

*kisses Tracy's hand* How are you? [face_love] ;)

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    When lothi says "Behave" I think of Austin Powers version...hmmm... ;)

3. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Now Luney, why would you say that? ;) :p

4. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *shrugs* I dunno... ;)

JaaaaaaaaaaaEEEEeeeeeee poooosssttt! ;)

5. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Sooooooooooon, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuney! ;)

Gotta finish wading through Jade's red ink... :p

Seriously, I'm trying to squeeze it in as soon as I can. A big project at work has me bogged down for the next couple of days.

And Lothi always behaves - badly, but he behaves. ;)

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    lol.. I've heard of Jadey's red ink.. I admire your bravery in asking her to beta. ;) (Rebelmom keeps me on my heels enough!)

Yes... you are right that Lothi behaves badly...but honestly, would we have him any other way? ;)

7. JadeSaber

Jan 9, 2002
    *pouts* The ink isn't red! It's pink. :p

And you're right, Luney, we wouldn't have him any other way... but Lothi doesn't behave badly...

he's very good... [face_mischief]

;) :p

8. DarthLothi

Sep 4, 2001
    Y'all know you love me like that... ;) [face_love]

Shhh, Jade... don't tell... [face_mischief]

9. JadeSaber

Jan 9, 2002
    Of course we do Lothi. ;) [face_love]

*innocent look*

Tell? Tell what?

*sweet angelic smile*

10. DarthLothi

Sep 4, 2001
    *hands Jade some halo polish* I think I see some tarnish there, babe...

Post soon, Jae?

11. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Very soon, Lothi - like right now. ;)

--------------------

When Obi-Wan returned to the Temple, he started searching for his apprentice. He wanted to apologize for not telling Anakin about Padmé?s visit, but he also wanted to know why the images of the Mandalorian soldiers had caused Anakin to project such strong emotions. Obi-Wan hadn?t even been aware of his Padawan?s presence until then.

After checking the gardens, the training rooms and the dining hall, Obi-Wan headed for the quarters he shared with Anakin. He was surprised to find Anakin in his room, stretched out on his bunk with his hands behind his head. Anakin rarely spent time in his room for anything but sleeping and tinkering with one of his myriad of half-built droids. Obi-Wan knocked on the doorjamb and stepped into the room.

"I?ve been looking all over for you, Padawan." Obi-Wan sat down at Anakin?s desk. "We?ve been invited to a reception at the Alderaan Legation tonight." Anakin did not respond. "I am sorry I didn?t tell you about the Queen?s arrival, Anakin, but it was a last-minute arrangement."

Anakin remained silent, staring at the ceiling. Obi-Wan pressed on. "I want to know what provoked such a strong reaction in you during the briefing."

Anakin sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bunk. "Those warriors in that recording ? they are the armored soldiers from my vision, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan gave him an appraising look. "Are you sure?" he asked.

Anakin stood up and dragged his hand through his hair. "Yes, I?m sure." He paced the small room, his rising frustration evident. "I must?ve had that vision at least ten times. I?d recognize them anywhere."

"All right," Obi-Wan soothed. "Calm down."

"How am I supposed to calm down?" Anakin yelled as his temper flared. "Obi-Wan, my mother is going to be hurt, maybe even killed, and those soldiers have something to do with it."

"You don?t know that, Anakin," Obi-Wan said. "The future--,"

"I know, I know. ?Always in motion is, the future.? " Anakin mimicked Yoda?s voice. "But my instincts tell me that Mom is in danger. I?ve never had any reason to doubt them before."

When Obi-Wan did not reply, Anakin crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Request permission to take a leave."

"Why? So you can go to Tatooine?" Obi-Wan regarded him coldly. "I think not. Request denied."

"Then I will make my request to the Council!"

Obi-Wan rose and stood toe-to-toe with his apprentice. Threatening to go over his head was incredibly disrespectful, even for Anakin. But the young man continued to stare insolently down at his teacher.

"The Council has already refused the Supreme Chancellor?s request to send us to Tatooine," Obi-Wan said, choosing for the moment to ignore his Padawan?s disrespect. "What makes you think they will grant yours?"

He watched Anakin struggle to control his rising anger. They glared at each other a moment longer, then Obi-Wan turned on his heel. "We cannot discuss anything rationally right now,? he said. ?I will return when you have calmed down." He strode to the door.

"Obi-Wan?Master?I?m sorry."

Sensing Anakin?s efforts to push away his anger and let it dissipate into the Force, Obi-Wan paused in the doorway. When he perceived that the boy was calm, he turned to face him, marveling again at the power that pulsed through Anakin.

Anakin sat on the bunk with his head in his hands. "I had begun to doubt they were real, until I saw that holo. The Mandalorians?." He looked up. "Do they really exist?"

"I honestly don?t know, Anakin," Obi-Wan answered. "They certainly did at one time, and as any student of galactic history could tell you, they were closely aligned with the Sith. That was over a thousand years ago. Before the Jedi hunted them down." Obi-Wan sat down at the desk again. "Queen Amidala is convinced they are back, and she would not make such an assertion without the evidence to back it up. And Prince Organa obviously agrees with her."

Anakin frowned. "Prince Organa? Is

12. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great post, as usual, Jae. Nice to see the friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin--too bad we know where that goes. :( And poor Ani, to have his feelings and instincts ignored.

Anyway, hope there will be more soon. :)

*moves into JadeSaber's space*

Hey! No hogging Lothi! With the exception of Loreley, we have to share! ;)

Lothi: *bats eyelashes, flashes flirtacious grin*...Behaving badly, huh, babe? :D [face_love] ;)

13. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Love Obi and Ani's interaction. Obi is trying hard to be there for Anakin. Great post, JJ.

14. JadeSaber

Jan 9, 2002
    *hands Jade some halo polish* I think I see some tarnish there, babe...

*smiles* Oops! I guess I missed a spot! ;)

Nice revsions, Jae. I see you aren't having too much trouble wading through the ink. :p

a_g, I know I have to share! And I wasn't hogging Lothi... I was just... keeping him company. [face_mischief] :D

*waves at Lothi* [face_love] ;) :p

15. DarthLothi

Sep 4, 2001
    I think Obi-Wan would probably like to beat Anakin about the head and shoulders for being disrespectful. Hmm, maybe he should have tried that sooner... :p

*waves at Tracy and Jade*

This is fast becoming the flirt thread. Not that I'm complaining, of course. ;) Especially not with all the beautiful women coming in here. [face_love]

16. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Hmm DL you seem to be in great demand. Perhaps this is the main reason males visit this female dominated realm. Well, I've said you'r my brother from the start and that holds. My brother's just as old as you, he too was engaged recently. I bet he'd love this place-the flirt that he is. Maybe someday I'll introduce him here. ;)

Other than that carry on guys.

17. DarthLoreley

DarthLoreley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Sabre, I think that is only reason Lothi visits here sometimes. Then I have to come in behind him and straighten him out. ;)

*looks at Tracy and Jade* No damaging the goods, understand?

Oh, Jae! I knew there was a real reason I came in here. I'm so glad to see that you're posting this again. I love the way you write Anakin and Obi-Wan, and of course I can't wait to see Sabe. Wonderful, as always! :)

18. JadeSaber

Jan 9, 2002

*salutes* Understood! If the goods are damaged, you'll take him away...

And that wouldn't be any fun at all! ;) :p

19. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Ye Gods!! I'm away writing for a couplea lousy weeks and now look what's happened.... :D

-Tim (who has just finished DotF and is going to take a few well-deserved days of rest)

20. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Tim, you're back! Hope you enjoyed your vacation (of sorts).

Sometime when I turned my back, this turned into the flirt thread. If I had known Lothi was going to attract female readers, I would posted him outside the thread in his underwear... [face_mischief] Heck, I might still do that if Loreley doesn't object. ;)

Jade and Tracy, I hope you're here to read as much as you are to flirt...

Hi, sabre! Glad to see you're still around!

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    YOu posted! I loved Ani and Obi's discussion there! Why do I get the feeling Anakin will end up going to Tatooine despite what Obi and the council say?

"Yes, Padawan, you may go see her." Obi-Wan gave him a stern look. "Just be sure you don?t interfere with her duties or otherwise make a pest of yourself. Understood?"

lol! I love that line :-D

22. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Told you I would eventually, Luney. As for Anakin, well...he doesn't always do what he's told, does he?

BTW, I love the last line of your sig! Reminds me of my hubby... :p

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000

Hi Jo! :)

[Darth Vader voice]"He won't be permanently damaged..."[/Darth Vader voice] [face_mischief]

Just kidding! :D *runs*

Jae: Yes, I'm reading, and waiting for more. :) BTW, my man is short, dark, and has thankfully become much less whiny over the years. :p

24. JadeSaber

Jan 9, 2002
    Sometime when I turned my back, this turned into the flirt thread.

Flirt thread? Where!? *innocent look* :p

If I had known Lothi was going to attract female readers, I would posted him outside the thread in his underwear... Heck, I might still do that if Loreley doesn't object.

Hmmm... I'm not sure we want to have masses of women in here taking away our time... Right Tracy? ;) But if Loreley doesn't object, and you get more readers...

Who am I to deprive the masses? :D :p *sees Lothi's glare- smiles sweetly and waves*

Jade and Tracy, I hope you're here to read as much as you are to flirt...

Of course I'm here to read, Jae! Flirting with Lothi is just a bonus. ;) *waves at Lothi again* [face_love] :D

25. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Loved this story the first time and I'm loving it just as much this time.