main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Canadian Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Duck, Sep 11, 2019.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “Hate speech”. Thinking unvaccinated people are a marginalized group who cannot help being unvaccinated. :rolleyes:

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Protesters aren't really supposed to care about the chaos they cause. The disruption is the point. It also doesn't say they "got help" from the police. The police didn't want to risk their lives.

People think it's okay for their side to disrupt society during protests, but apparently it's not okay for people they disagree with to do it. They also don't want the police to break up and brutalize their side, but they want the police to do it to the other side.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Entire thing seems like a mess of buck passing anyway. Not proper protocol was followed when asking for more police, my goodness! Also allowing the protesters in anyway to "protect the rest of the city" which seems like a really dopey justification.

"While Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson had written directly to the Ontario and federal governments to appeal for more police officers during the weeks-long demonstrations, Blair suggested this wasn't proper protocol."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  4. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I'm Canadian so I'll watch this thread and maybe learn something.

I just vote NDP everytime anyway.

5. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    There have been countless protests on Parliament Hill over the years. Indigenous protestors, environmentalists, you name it. This was the 1st time they had to erect a barricade to protect out national war memorial. And they were blocking residential streets. I am all for protesting, but leave those people out of it. Block a railway, a highway etc. I doubt those trucker would appreciate it if I blocked off their homes in a protest for freedom.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Also there was no indication it would either stop and the disease spreading jerks were basically rilling themselves up for a "Storm the Parliament" moment. So to hell with them being treated differently from regular protestors. Boo hoo. Absolutely zero sympathy or any compassion or understanding for those scumbags. And this was an exceptional circumstance, not a precedent

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, there is a difference between those standing up for the civil rights of the marginalized—marginalized subjected to actual hate speech—and those standing up for the “right” to do whatever the hell they want even if others suffer and die.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Also lots of Nazi flags too. It was a temporary emergency act that has been enacted exactly twice in 40 years by Trudeaus. I think we're fine

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Finally, someone in the mainstream media has written about how maybe it was not such a good idea for a country supposed to be respecting of civil liberties to go DEFCON 1 in response to protests and blockades.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Lordban likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Arrived in Canada first time post Covid measures at the border. The border patrol officer we passed didn’t believe in borders. He literally said it’s all imaginary anyway when referring to the US Canadian border.

11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Gee, and I wonder why it's so easy to smuggle guns across the border

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well to be fair I don’t think it’s a common opinion among border patrol officers. It’s like putting a libertarian in charge of the government. You usually want people to be in jobs they believe in. Still my times crossing the border have always been interesting. You can totally see they take airport stuff way more serious than crossing in a car.

but again it’s probably a different experience if your not a Canadian citizen.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  13. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    What's the deal with

**** treadu signs and the hill billies who put Canadian flags on there red neck trucks? Do they do that to remember what country their in?

I guess I don't want to know that there are idiots in Canada as big as some of the idiots in the USA.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well a lot of those far right types watch a whole lot of American media. So they might forget what country they are from.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Uncle Joe going to make a speech soon. Eventually. He's taking his time but first US President Visit in awhile

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    In all fairness, Trump probably thought Canada was part of the US.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nah, he would make fun of Trudeau, I think I remember.

And remember when he wanted to trade Puerto Rico for Greenland, with Denmark?

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You're assuming he knew who Trudeau actually was.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    ****ing obsessed with Trump. Jesus wept dudes get a life

Point Given likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  23. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    My aunt has been saying they're going to separate for years now, she's finally right.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ontario court rules against Peterson

I happened upon this via a right wing Canada youtube channel. And int he comments they think this is a blow to free speech. From my view, if I were funding an astronomer and said astronomer went out publicly advocating Flat Earth Theory then I do not have to keep funding that astronomer. A right wing liar who loves word salad got put in his place, and that's a good thing.

25. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013