main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Celebration 5 Blog

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well, we made it in fine last night. Got here about 8PM. No troubles. Picked up Alex in Chattanooga and had breakfast at a nice little mom and pop place he recommended. I'm in the Clarion and everyone else is in the Rosen. I'm still walking distance though. We were all pretty tired last night so we just got some McDonald's and called it a day (at least I did, for all I know they stayed up until 2am ;)). Today is the first full day and I'm feeling a little stressed. I have a lot I want to accomplish and not sure how it all will go. I want to get everyone done early so I can relax and enjoy it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. I think some of the others brought laptops so maybe they'll chime in too.

Reporting from Orlando for Celebration 5 this is jedimika signing off.

2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Day 1 went really well from my POV. Super long lines to get in today. They let you in and then they made you wait in line again and let people trickle out into the building. Not sure what that is all about. But thanks to my Hyperspace membership I was just able to walk past the crowds and get some shopping done. Got my stuff at Hasbro before it sold out and then picked up some stuff at the CV store. Didn't get autographs today but there will be time for that later. Spent a lot of money. Also got real familiar with the floor plan so I'm not wasting time later. Took lots of pictures, almost 200 today alone. Glad I brought a fresh memory card. You would not believe how awesome the props and sets are. This blows C4 out of the water. All of it is fan made and most of it by the Belgian 501st. They rule! I had my Han Solo photo shoot today. We had 5 Hans and a Chewie and it was pretty cool. Tonight was the Force.net party and it was nice. Lots of finger food (it was my dinner) and a cash bar. Live music by Star Wars punk band Sex Wing Starfighter. Raffles (I didn't win anything). Quite a few celebrities showed up to party as well. Jammies can give you the complete run down but included were Dave Filoni, Seth Green, Jason and Jimmie Mac (Force Cast), John Jackson Miller and Aaron Allston. Oh, and Zannah, Bane, Nocturnus and Cyrin went in costume and G4 had a photographer there and they did a little photoshoot. So be looking for them.

Well, past time to hit the sack for another full day tomorrow followed by the 501st party.

Mika out.

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Wow...it all sounds amazing! I really wish I could have gone. I'm sure you all will live it up a little bit more just for me while you're there though! ;)

Keep us homebound people posted....can't wait to see the pics either.

4. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Thanks for the updates, mika! Glad you guys are having an awesome time! I'm very excited to see your pictures!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Too much today to make a full post right now. I got to meet Seth Green in the VIP area at the 501st party, Jammies has been drinking with celebrities like Daniel Logan in the hotel bar at night, and Zannah and Appo got to meet Drew Karpyshyn who said "there's my Bane and Zannah" to them (they were in costume).

I made the official Star Wars blog...
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2010/08/13/celebration-v-fans-in-costume/
    (scroll down and look for the group of Solos)

and Zannah and Bane made the CV Flickr gallery
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwarsblog/4887105874/in/set-72157624365192239/

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yup, Boba and I did shots. Made for a great night, and a rough morning/day/noon/night.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Brief report from yesterday. I had my Rebel Legion group shot in the morning and then I went back to the hotel room and changed into comfortable clothes (and shoes!) and spent most of the day in lines of some kind. I got the CV print from artists alley I wanted, celeb autographs, Fate of the Jedi book signing (all 3 authors!) and Jan Duursema signing. So yeah, lots of time in line. Still haven't been to a panel. I hooked up with everyone for dinner and then we cruised over to the 501st Bash. Steve Sansweet was there as a guest of honor. Seth Green read raffle numbers and was using his time on the mic to ask the crowd for collectible patches and coins. I had my Rebel Legion Corellian Base coin with me so I snuck back to the VIP area and gave it to him and chatted a bit and shook his hand. Sorry no pics, it was the VIP area and I had to be cool. That's okay, Adrianne Curry was there (I got her picture) and she said the VIP area was "boring" so she was out among the masses.
    http://twitter.com/adriannecurry

Today is the big George Lucas day so I'm hoping for shorter lines at the autograph tables while he's speaking.

Nocturnus observed last night "wow we still have two more days" and we were all "wow".

8. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    i hate all of you. you can all lick my saber. i hope you all fart very loudly while speaking to the various famous people. [face_not_talking]

9. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I am going to go slit my wrists now since I was not able to go. I think I will miss the next few months of meetings too. Gah....freaking depressing to read about all this.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Very crowded today. A lot of one day passes around people's necks. My plan to attack the autograph tables early while everyone was watching Lucas paid off. I was done with everything I wanted by 1130. I decided I could go change into costume (Corellian pilot/Corran Horn) and just walk around and enjoy myself. I listened in a they recorded an episode of the Force Cast and Steve Sansweet was there and then Dave Filoni came by and chatted as well. Pretty cool. The autograph area was packed and the 501st had their group photo shoot and it was packed as well. You could barely walk through. I attended my first panel of the weekend...sponsored by Dark Horse about a new comic series coming out I had been running around so long that when I sat down and they dimmed the lights I about fell asleep. I went to watch a showing of The Empire Strikes back tonight but got fed up with the audience and left. Cheering your favorite character/scene/line I understand but don't shout out stuff like it's Rocky Horror. This isn't your living room and you're not as funny as you think you are.

Tomorrow I have duty at the Rebel Legion area and then a couple of more panels I plan to attend and then that's it for CV. I think I'm getting depressed too.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    A lot of people checking out at the hotel this morning. Tomorrow's my turn. Making me a little sad. Glad to be staying the extra day though.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Man I wish we could have meet up guys. It hard trying to keep in contact ,we probably walked by each other a few times and dint even know it.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Probably Echo Three, did we see you at the TFN party?

Well,
    Back home in KY. All safe and sound, and kinda bummed that we once again have to live with the normals.

Jammies

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Finally got around to downloading and organizing my photos.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Celebration%20V%208-12-2010/?start=all

15. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    So many droids and legos--how heavenly!! Thank you for all the super pics and the snapshot of my lovely authors!

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/08/star-wars-george-lucas.html

Third blog I read today with our City Rep's pic in it. Way to go Boss!

17. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    WOW!!!!! I'm so very sad that it's over, and we're already saving and planning for the next Celebration. Yea, it's gotta be done, and this time with even MORE MONEY. LOL!! Well, the highlights for me and Bane were meeting Mark Hamill, who is most personable and has a smile to light up even a Siths heart. I can see how he melted Vader down. (sigh) Loved him immediately. [face_love]

Had a pic taken with Daniel Logan and shook his hand, he is also a great guy, I don't know how they can smile so much! And Filoni's panel was one of the best! He says that The Clone Wars Cartoon is alive and well, and is here to stay for some time... I was thrilled to hear that! [face_dancing]

And I spilled my Hoth Ice Bar drink on Karpyshyns pants. A whole drink, all over the back of him... I could have died about that one! But he laughed and was very gallant about it... and told us that we were his image of Zannah and Bane. He seen us when we entered his panel, and was going to make a point of coming out and speaking to us, but we were one of the first out the door when he was done speaking. He was pleased to see us come to his meet and great in front of the Ice-Bar... he looked and said,"There's My Zannah and Bane"! I was thrilled to pieces, just before I drenched him. Arrrgh!!! Well, I'm sure I made a lasting impression on him. LOL!!

We missed everyone terribly and thought about you guys lots. Our photos are on my Facebook page. In fact, I'm still in the process of loading them on my page.

I hope to see everyone very soon, and till then... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!! [face_batting]

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome! Thanks for that link.

Random fact...my FedEx package of Celebration goodies came yesterday just like they promised.

19. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hey everyone, there will be a Walk For Diabetes on Sept.11th at Churchill Downs. Dar mentioned this at our Celebration Kick Off Pool Party, and I've been asked to post this here on behalf of the local Blue Moon Clan of the Merks. If anyone can go, we are asked to be there between 8:00 and 9:00am. in costume. Bane and I, along with Nocturnus and Cyrin will be there. Mika, they have specifically asked me about you. I told them I would get with you and let them know. Anyway, sound off if you can make this, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. [face_batting]

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Another random thought. The fans really came through on this (especially the Belgians). Compared to CIV everything was bigger and beter fan wise. The Rebel Legion area was bigger and better, the 501st area was bigger and better and the R2 builders room was bigger and better. If it wouldn't have been for the fans what would the public have had to look at? Some Lego statues?

21. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Absolutely Mika, the fans rawked this one out completely. If not for the love of Star Wars by the fan groups, who built many of the most awesome displays, Celebration V would have gone hurting. It's true. I hope it was worth all the trouble and expense to get them there and built. I would say that Celebration V was a fan built con, in lots of ways. I think it made it that much more incredible. Big Koodohs to all who showed such love and dedication! [face_dancing][:D]

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Something to keep in mind is the annual Fan Days in Plano Texas. They're not having it this year because of Celebration but it will return next year. From what I've seen/heard it's almost like a mini-Celebration. Just something to keep on the radar.

23. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yoda, No. I went to the SWAN party and got a little buzzed ,we had plan on leaving that party at 9 to head to the TFN party but it dint workout as we dint leave till 10 and I was in no shape to go to another 8-}

24. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I finally have all my pics uploaded to my Facebook page. Here they are everyone. Enjoy.. and I'll bet you won't have any trouble figuring out which ones were taken on Sunday. LOL!! I was exhausted, but still going... adrenalin and excitement works wonders. [face_dancing]

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30446&id=100000113273401&l=2a11929c2c

25. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I'm glad everyone had a good time, and had fun. I'm looking towards C6. on a side note, I am going to insure that those who went to C5 will not be able to attend C6, even if I have to weld car axles solid. that's what you get for having fun without me. :p . just kidding, i won't weld axles shut. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.