main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Celebration 5 Blog

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNocturnus

DarthNocturnus Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2010
    CV was an absolute blast! I am just now recovering from it all! Whew! I would love to attend the Fan Days in Plano Next year. That is around my old stompin grounds in Dallas. Thanks to everyone for the pictures and comradery! You guys made the trip even more worthwhile! Start the CVI countdown! [face_dancing]

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like Mr Sansweet puts the final attendance number for CV at around 28,000

http://clubjade.net/?p=22542

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    It sounds pretty incredible to me.... But.... How does that compare with past Celebrations? Is that number good enough to put on another one? [face_praying]

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well if you read the article it was low compared to other Celebrations but exceeded the expectation of 25,000 given the economy, the short notice, and the fact they put it in the middle of the con season with San Diego Comic Con in July and Dragon Con coming up (plus Gen Con).

5. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I believe that Celebration IV was clocked at 35,000 attendance. Celebration III was estimate at 34,000.

Add in the economy, short notice, and placement of the event...yeah, not surprised it is smaller.

6. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    CV was the bomb diggity! 1st. con and now I'm hooked! Can't wait until the next one. I took a little over 700 pics, in which I will be posting into photobucket by the end of the week. I'll post a link. I didn't get to wear my mando kit tho was kinda bummed about it(wardrobe malfunction), but I have that pretty much fixed. Again, can't wait until the next one.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Quotes:

"What's your name?"
    "Jammies"
    "Okay Chris, lets do shots" " Boba Fett and Jammies

"Spoilers make Dave Faloni cry" : Boss Mika

"Sure, I called her Porkens, not because she was fat but because of her beard" Big Honking Steve

(anyone wanna post more "quotes" from C5?

8. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    There's my Zannah and Bane! Glad to see you here, I wanted to come talk to you, glad you made it"! Drew to Zannah and Bane.

"S^^t! I'm so sorry"! Zannah to Drew.

"We need a towel"! Zannah to waitress.

"Where have you been"? Obelisk covered Bane to Zannah.

"O.K. then, we'll go in the direction that YOU want to go". Bane to Zannah. Trying to find the 501st display room. [face_beatup] LOL!!

"Goood. Goooooood." Lord Sidious to Zannah during their photo shoot, taken in the 501st display room.

"My best wishes to being signed up to play Boba for the new T.V. series Daniel". Zannah to Daniel Logan.

"I'm honored". Daniel Logan to Zannah.

"I was there in the beginning, and its all still so incredible". Zannah to Mark Hammill.

Standing up and grabbing my hand with both of his... (his hands and smile were sooo very warm) "The fans have made it incredible. Thank you for such dedication hon". Mark Hamill to Zannah.

"I see a Road Warrior influence"? Mark Hamill to Bane.

"Well, not sure where the artist derived the inspiration for the character, but its a Darth Bane." Bane to Mark Hamill.

I could go on and on! LOL!!! Wow... just... wow.

I put together a video of our CV photos and watched it last night. I wound up crying. What a special experience. I named it,"Photos For A Life Time, a Legacy Forever".

If you guys would like, I can bring it to the Clone Wars premier gathering. We might have time to watch it after the Clone Wars? [face_batting]

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    "Would you like to try some blue milk?" Unknown girl at TFN party

Well jeez, not if it's going to make you cry. That's all I need is a crying Sith Lord in my home. That never ends well.

10. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    aww, you made a video of your photos of an event I didn't get to go to, and it made you cry. lick me.

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Mika said,"That's all I need is a crying Sith Lord in my home. That never ends well".

Zannah,"Yea, we seen what happened the last time Vader cried. Woe! [face_batting]

Vox said,"lic me".

Zannah,"Eeew"!! :mad:

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    i did not say "lic me." I said "lick me." if you're going to quote me, then quote me. :p

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    SciFried...a Star Wars/Scifi fan rock band played at the 501st Bash (too late for us) and made a music video while at CV and I'm in it! (1st couple of seconds in the the Han group)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWttIofWiFE

Rebels!!

They totally missed their chance to have a slave leia slink around on the hood of the snow speeder in best 80's music video fashion.

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Totally cool Mika! And again, all of you guys looked fabulous, but you look more like Harrison than any of the others. =D=

By the way.. for all who rode in the Van, we have a small amount of money to give back to each one of you from the gas donations. We'll give it back to the ones who are at the Meet and Eat, and for those who can't make it, we'll get it to you as we see you. [face_batting]

Also, here is a video that Lord Kolban of The Dark Empire found. It really captures the energy and mood at the event. And I'm in it for a couple of seconds. You'll see me at about 8 min. and 17 seconds in. It's a long one, about 14 min. worth, but it's well worth the viewing time to see it. It's really very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apkG2iOkbLQ&feature=player_embedded

15. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    LOVED THE VIDEO, ZANNAH!! THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!:)

16. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

I would love to participate in this, especially since I HAVE Diabetes. However, I am already involved with another walk at exactly the same time down at Waterfront Park this day, so I won't be able to go to this one.

17. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hey bro... you MUST take the very best care of yourself that you possibly can. I heard about six months ago on the news, that they are on the right track for getting a cure for this disease... very, very close. You have got to do the best you can, at preventing collateral damage from happening. I understand the ravages of diabetes very well, my grandmother suffered from most of her adult life. So we walk for the cure my friend, and you keep on keeping on, and keep your hope alive. It will happen for you. There is a disturbance in the force on this one.... [face_dancing]

18. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Awww shucks! Thanks for the kind words. I am trying as much as possible to take care of myself. I still wish that the walks were not on the same day, or even at the exact same time. I would love to be able to do both. I have been doing the Alzheimer walk for years now, and love showing support for something like that. Believe me, diabetes isn't getting me without a good long battle ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.