main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Celebration Halloween party

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by oB-Anshee, Oct 30, 2020.

1. oB-Anshee

oB-Anshee Jedi Master star 1

Aug 19, 2003
    Let's move the social talk into the Halloween party. Feel free to share your best costumes or socks and have fun!

And please tell us the scariest Celebration stories that you have experienced or heard about!

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    My scariest Celebration story involves meeting @ChrisLyne at Celebration Chicago. He sent me a PM asking if I wanted to meet and I reluctantly agreed.

We settled on a neutral location on the show floor. I politely said "hello" and he immediately stripped off his Jedi robes and yelled "I'm a Loth-wolf!" while howling and prancing around.

At this point I knew I wanted to get of this meet up, but by this point a crowd had gathered closing off any point of escape. It was like a bad car accident that you didn't want to see, but couldn't look away.

Security came to try to diffuse the situation, but he started biting at their ankles. Eventually they were able to tase him and lead him away.

I asked his wife (who is actually rather nice) if this was typical behavior for him and she said it was a little unusual for a Thursday.

Anyway, I know we give ReedPop some grief on here, but they really stepped up by offering to pay for therapy for anyone who needed it. I am still emotionally scarred from the incident, but Dr. Miller says I'm making good progress.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I can neither confirm nor deny this report (but I am the white Loth Wolf)

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  4. oB-Anshee

Aug 19, 2003
    Please make a costume of the white Loth Wolf for Anaheim.

star_wars_is_good and ChrisLyne like this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's not really Halloween related, but with The Mandalorian starting again I made this short video with my animatronic Baby Yoda and my cat.

6. oB-Anshee

Aug 19, 2003
    That was unexpected and really cute, basically what things with the Child is.

(and yes, I got Disney+ today so that I could watch the Mandalorian)

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Are they doing any stupid region restrictions this time or is it widely available?

8. oB-Anshee

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't think there were any restrictions, I actually think I saw it before a lot of my US friends due to the time zones.

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it dropped at the same time (12 AM PT) worldwide.

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, it’s definitely same time world wide.

Working from home is good for me here as new episodes go up at 8am so I can literally watch Mando then start work. If I was still in the office I’d have to wait until I got home as I wouldn’t have time to watch it and then drive in.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, I have to wait until I get home from work, and on Friday I'm very likely away in the evening (unless it gets cancelled due to corona)