main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Cell (Obidala, Ep. III AU, very dark - Complete. Vignette added July 14, 2005)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    solojones: Okay. ;) ;) That sap comment has me thinking of all sorts of evil things - plot bunnies, to be precise. :eek: Bad you for doing that to me. 8-}

PrincessPadme: I'm glad you decided to take a chance - and liked it, of course. ;) :D LOL, you're right about Obi-Wan, he can be so rule-bound. :p Anyway - thank you. [face_blush] Not sure what else to say. ;) I'm glad it feels real, that you can really 'see' it happening. :) I'll probably try to write in this tonight, so we'll see how quickly I update. :)

2. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Very interesting story! I'm normally an A/P purist, but I admit that the romantic in me is sometimes intrigued by the occasional plausible Obidala plot. You've done an excellent job of keeping them in character as they are slowly drawn towards one another. I'm looking forward to the next post!

3. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *sighs* Oh, I loved it, Obaona. [face_love] It was so beautiful, so light - which is really weird, when you think about it. The juxtaposition of light amid darkness was really profound in this - a powerful metaphor for... something I can't think of right now, but something noble that connects to human nature, and the need to have hope regardless of the circumstances - the need to rise above, regardless of how thick the darkness.

It probably won't be long before they really do fall in love - and I don't think I've ever before read a fic where this occurred after the Clone Wars. In short, you're brilliant, Obaona, truly, and I hope you'll have more for us very soon. [face_mischief]

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I know sometimes there are plot bunnies that just cannot be ignored, I'm glad you didn't ignore this one obaona. :p

~aeryn

5. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Great story! And very dark, in more ways than one! [face_laugh] This is an interesting twist on Obidala, very different, IMO. I like where it's going and looking forward to another update! Great work.

6. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Say hello to page one!

7. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Excuse my ignorant aussie butt, but have you told us when we're getting more??

8. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Another great chapter. I partly liked the way you're showing them gradually becoming physically and emotionally closer as they rely upon each other to stay sane... Sad, and very well done.

9. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Like how it's comming along.

Keep it UP!

10. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Reihla: Thank you! :D Yeah, I'm letting things progress however it feels natural, and it seems to be working. ;) I hope to have an update within a few weeks. (I know that's a while, but this is also finals time for me.) :)

Fate: [face_blush] I really don't know what to say to that. [face_blush] Thank you, I'm glad you think it's so good. Definitely feeling pressure for the next post, though. :eek: It'll be a relatively long ;) time before they fall in love, actually. And it doesn't happen quickly or easily. [face_mischief] Certainly don't expect it within the next chapter. ;)

AERYN_SUN: Thanks! :D I'm glad, too, honestly. ;) It's been fun. Darkly fun. [face_mischief]

Obi-Wan21: LOL, yes. :p I hadn't thought of it that way until all you readers did, but yep. :p Thank you, and I hope to update (relatively) soon. :)

jedi_keladry: Thanks. :)

Burkie: LOL! :p I don't know. Probably after finals, which is not this week, but the week after. I know that's a while, but - it's finals. [face_worried]

Darth_Lex: Thank you. :D Yeah, gradual is the name of the game here. :p I starting to feel like it's getting that tension, too, which is weird, because it's these two characters. :eek: Even though I'm writing it . . . :p

Lady-Kenobi: Thank you. :)

11. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Definitely feeling pressure for the next post, though. :eek:

*grins* I know the feeling. ;) But don't worry - I'm sure whatever it is will be just as wonderful. I'll just brace myself for the darkness, and wait patiently. [face_mischief]

12. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post, Oba. :)

~~Jilly

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Fate: Thank you. ;) But I still feel pressure. :p Ah well . . . I posted it, I get to live with the consequences. ;) :p

JainaDurron: Thank you. :D

14. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    Up up up up up!

15. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    This fic is too excellent not to be on page one.

16. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I really enjoy reading this story, oba. :D

tf

17. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Briallent story nuf said

18. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wow Obaona! I clicked ;) not knowing what to expect and I found a wonderfully dark story!

You are doing great showing how Obi-Wan and Padme would react under these extreme circumstances. The psychological torture their undergoing at Palpatine's hands is horrible, but you can really see their strength of character in all of this. Great job! :)

19. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    jedi_keladry: Thank you. [face_blush] But it'll be more worthy of being on the first page when it's actually updated again. :p

TheFallen: Celt! :eek: *faints* *stirs weakly* [:D] Thank you! :D

sdhfs: Thank you. :D

tangled_sphere: Thank you! :D And thank you for clicking! :p I'm glad you like it, and think it's well-done. I'm honestly surprised but utterly delighted that I've gotten such a positive response. It's been fun to write (will start writing again when the semester is over), and I hope you enjoy the rest. :D

To Readers In General: [:D] to you all. ;) I noticed this was nominated in a few things, with one actually enough to go through. :eek: Thank you! @};-

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm so happy it was nominated, and yes, that it's going on for Best Drama for sure :D =D= This story deffinitely deserved the nominations!

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Congradulations on your nomination, obaona! You deserve it :D

~aeryn

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep yep! Congrads indeed! :D :D

23. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    solojones: Thank you! :D [face_blush] It's certainly got drama. :p

AERYN_SUN: Thank you! [face_blush]

Kynstar: Thanks. [face_blush]

24. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Raises hand and continueally screams "ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me." Obaona points to SL73 and she puts her hand down and says "Post soooooooon Pleeeease!"
    ;)

25. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    it'll be more worthy of being on the first page when it's actually updated again.

Too true. But I'll take what I can get. o_O

Going up! [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.