main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Census & Games Gaming Thread V. 2.0 - *new game* Two Truths and a Lie - in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    This is Census and Games GAMING THREAD(version the second).

The concept is rather simple. Because this is a game of forums; I mean, a forum of games (did I get that right?) we're looking at a way to showcase and involve people in a fun variety of just that: Games(go figure)!

Before we go any further: NO gamebans will be given out from this thread. Colours will ALWAYS be given out from this thread. (Because you want colors. You do!)

You're interested now, aren't you? (Of course you are.)

This thread works in conjunction with the Game Suggestions thread. This is the thread that will feature the masses of games on a continuously looping cycle. Please use the Game Suggestions thread for any games that may come to your mind. Even just simple ideas. It is the place to talk about and discuss any game that floats through here, or any game that perhaps could float through here. This thread is to play - that thread is to discuss.

While the majority of the games that will be found in here will be quick, fun and easy, it doesn't mean that this can't be a testing ground for future games that could last in this forum on their own.

Even if a game bombs, hey, why not give it a go at least once?

That can be our motto if you like. I mean, if you had wanted one. You didn't? Oh, sorry. Let's just game.

Nat and I will "host" every game found in this thread. For most games that run on simple gears and pulleys, the creator won't host. Please don't let that hold you back - if games are successful, things can be worked out if you want to do things yourself, I'm sure. The creator of all games found in here will always be credited every time, of course.

At the other end, though, if you have a flourishing mind of game ideas in your head but are too lazy to go through with them in any host capability; well then, hehe. . . .

Now let's get to it. I can't inform you now what games we will be playing (as I don't know them all! Go get suggesting, you creative minds!) but the post following this one will be updated with them as we go - so down the line, you may always come back here to refresh your memory of what's already out there. Requests to play a certain game in this thread are always welcome (as we will simply rotate through them at random).

I will be keeping a notification list for this gaming thread. When I start each game, I will PM anybody on this list informing them that a game has begun. Please post in this thread in colour and bold to indicate that you want to be put on this list. It is no trouble at all to join up. I will then PM you every time a new game starts until I hear from you that you want to be taken off the PM notification list.

Remember, there's no gamebans. Don't be afraid. And there's definitely colours. Yes, <big>shiny colours</big>. Well...they don't really shine, as such, but they're definitely coloured.

GAMING THREAD 2.0...ENGAGE.

2. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    <a name=top> </a>

Games list:

<a style=color:navy;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none; href=#battleroyale>Battle Royale</a> <a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#battleroyale><font size=1><i>view rules</i></font></a>
    <a style=color:navy;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none; href=#snap>SNAP</a> <a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#snap><font size=1><i>view rules</i></font></a>
    <a style=color:navy;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none; href=#mastermind>Mastermind</a> <a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#mastermind><font size=1><i>view rules</i></font></a>
    <a style=color:navy;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none; href=#passtheparagraph>Pass the Paragraph</a> <a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#passtheparagraph><font size=1><i>view rules</i></font></a>
    <a style=color:navy;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none; href=#piratesdice>Pirate's Dice</a> <a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#piratesdice><font size=1><i>view rules</i></font></a>

Winners list:

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    <font size=5>Game information:</font>
    <font size=1>Subject to change. Aspects of games may also change each time for added flare, but all alterations will clearly be stated before said game begins. These base rules always apply unless otherwise stated.</font>

<a name=battleroyale> </a>From JEDI_TEEGIRLOO, Battle Royale:<div align=right><a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#top><font size=1><i>back to TOP</i></font></a></div>
    [blockquote][hr]
    [b]Battle Royale[/b]

[image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~garratts/tyi/battleroyale.jpg]

The war between Star War factions have lasted thousands of years. Each side trying to eliminate the other. Now the war has taken place in the form of a game. We call it Battle Royale.

The objective is to try to eliminate all the players you think are of the opposite side of you by picking a number they hold. The catch is that you do not know who is on your side and who is on the opposing side. There are 36 numbers on the board to choose from. It is a game of chance to find out who will win.

[i]Game Procedures:[/i]

[ul][li]Twelve players are allowed to sign up. Once the sign ups are over the host will notify all players what affiliation they are through PM. Players will be chosen to represent factions such as Jedi, Sith, Rebels or Empire. (Three people per faction.) Each player shall not know the affiliation of any other player. In the PM, the host will also give each player a number from 1 to 36.[/li]

[li]These numbers will be called holocrons - named after the crystal objects that Jedi and Sith use to access certain types of data. Behind each holocron is a name. Twelve of the holocrons will be the players name and affiliation while the rest will be Star Wars characters, creatures or planets.[/li]

[li]The order of turns will be decided upon simply by the order of sign ups. When it is a player's turn, their objective is to choose a holocron that they think has a player who is on an opposite side. Basically, if you are a Jedi, you want to pick a holocron that might have a player who is a Sith, from the Empire or is a Rebel underneath it. You don't want it to be someone from your own faction. Once all but one faction is eliminated, the remaining player or players are declared the winner.[/li][/ul]
    [blockquote][blockquote] [i]Example:[/i]

Holocrons = //1\\ //2\\ //3\\ //4\\ //5\'

Player A who is secretly a Sith picks holocron 5. The host will then reveal what name is under holocron 5.

If that name reveals only a Star Wars reference then Player A survives another round and it is the next players turn.

If the holocron reveals a player who is a Jedi, then Player A, who is a Sith, eliminates the Jedi player and moves on to the next round.

If the holocron reveals a player who is also a Sith, then Player A is eliminated; however the person of the same faction who was under the holocron survives and takes Player A's original number. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
    [ul][li]Five turns may progress along at maximum before a host update. If somebody who takes a turn gets eliminated from someone beforehand, their turn will then not be counted. Otherwise, it can progress along at, hopefully, a nice speed.[/li]

[li]The game continues until all factions bar one have been eliminated.[/li]

[li]Each player will have 12 hours to respond when it is his or her turn. If someone misses a round, they will be simply be skipped. This way, unless players are eliminated, the turn order never changes. You can only be skipped twice. The third time is an automatic elimination.[/li]

[li]There are 2 - 4 factions that can be played at a time. Usually it will be 4.[/li][/ul]

[i]Prizes: The winner or winners will receive VIPship with colours for a day. They will also have a special title. Oooh.[/i]

[i]Rules:[/i]

[ol][li]Unless otherwise stated, there will only be twelve sign up positions.[/li]

[li]No gamebans are handed out.[/li]

[li]You are only allowed to play with one username per game. If it

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'll be starting a new game shortly, so if you have any requests make them known. :)

5. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Wow! Nice job, EF! It's really handy having the games and rules posted all together. I'll repeat my votes for Battle Royale or Mastermind. :)

Please add me to the PM list!

6. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Awesome thread, I like the rules all together.

Battle Royale or Pass the Paragraph!

Please add me to the PM list!

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Add me to the PM list.

8. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
  9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Add me as well, thanks.

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Add me please!

Thanks

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This poor guy is going to get a lot of PMs, the way this is going ...

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    PM me as well.

13. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Please put me on the PM list

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    It's as if they'd never seen the first page of the thread before! :eek:

:p

Good move EF, getting this html beauty back up. I look forward to many new games in the future, too.

:D

15. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Please PM me too!

Thank you!

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I know, that's what I was thinking :p

Looks good, though :D

17. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey, hey, easy :p

It's a really long post! And it's got so many pictures. [face_hypnotized]

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Anyone else up for pass the paragraph? It hasn't been played in a while.

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    It takes a couple of weeks to complete, but I would so do it. I personally find it hilarious! But then again, I love word games ...

20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It sounds like fun!

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ok, I'll have the sign ups and the PMs out by tomorrow afternoon.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    <a name=passtheparagraph> </a>From Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Pass the Paragraph:<div align=right><a style=color:black;font-weight:normal; href=#top><font size=1><i>back to TOP</i></font></a></div>
    [blockquote][hr]
    [color=Goldenrod][b]Pass the Paragraph[/b][/color]

[image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~garratts/tyi/passtheparagraph.jpg]

This is a word game. It's very simple, too. Let me give a quick rundown of how things work.

SEVEN people may join the game. Sign-ups will be held after this post.

[blockquote]This is mainly just a bit of fun. It's like a "one word" continuation game, except that each person instead writes a couple of sentences to create a paragraph. Or, even, just the one sentence - it's rather open, although you don't want to write too much.[/blockquote]

[color=Goldenrod][b]1.[/b][/color] After we have our players, EVERY player then has to write an opening paragraph to a story. These stories can be about absolutely anything. The only guideline you have to be aware of is the [i]Terms Of Service[/i] for these forums - naturally, don't break them. It doesn't matter how weird, crazy or normal your story is. I'm sure it won't end up how you envision it, anyway.

[color=Goldenrod][b]2.[/b][/color] Each player [b]PMs me[/b] their paragraph/sentence once they have written it. I will then PM the next player in line with that paragraph - this next player's objective is then to write the next paragraph of the story. When they are done with it, they [b]PM it back to me[/b] and I pass it along to the next person and this continues until all seven players have written a couple of sentences for the story. So, by the end of this, there will be seven paragraphs to a story. After that, I will PM the original creator of the story these seven paragraphs and allow them to write the final eighth, ending, paragraph. And that's it for the entire story.

[blockquote]Of course, there will be seven different stories going on at the same time during the game. Each person only writes one paragraph for each story, except for their own (where they write the first and last).[/blockquote]

[color=Goldenrod][b]3.[/b][/color] Everything is basically done through PMs. After you write your paragraph you always [b]PM it back to me.[/b] You do not know who is next in line to write the following part of the story and nor do you know who has written the paragraphs before you (even the opening one). The reason for this is so that ideas and story trends don't really pass between them. However, it really is up to each player what will be in the stories, after all.

[color=Goldenrod][b]4.[/b][/color] I'll give a guideline of [b]48 hours[/b] for each paragraph to be written. [u]So at the absolute maximum this game will last for just over two weeks.[/u] 48 hours is plenty of time to write a few sentences; there's really nothing to it. If somebody does not write a paragraph in a particular story after 48 hours, I will step in and write the paragraph anonymously myself. This is so that things can still flow if a person is held up. And it also is fun for me. Hehe.

[b]Note:[/b] However, I will not wait every 48 hours to send the story along. Once I have received an opening paragraph by the players, [u]I will PM it to the next person immediately[/u]. And, when I receive that paragraph back, [u]I will send it out again straight away[/u]. So this game could run a lot faster.

This could mean you have multiple paragraphs to write at the one time, but I hope things don't get to hectic for people. I'm just doing this for the hell of it. If people like it we can always change things up another time.

[color=Goldenrod][b]5.[/b][/color] When every story has been completed, I will post all seven of them. I will not inform you which story belongs to which player (belonging in the sense that they wrote the first and last paragraph - even though they didn't write the bulk of it). This is where it is extremely hilarious. And that's basically it to the game.

[blockquote]This game is just to have some fun with stories and with all of our m

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I really like the sound of this. :p

1. The_Loyal_Imperial

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008

1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. Jag4Me

25. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. Jag4Me
    3. StarWarsFreak444

Why not? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.