main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLover1991, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    Just now i clicked on Comingsoon.net and found the following story which says there may be soon an adaptation of Prince Caspian in the works.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12637

Yours thoughts people... :D

2. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    It's inevitable considering how much Tl, TW ATW made. But I don't think any of the others will come close to that mark.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I've only read 2 1/2 out of 7 of the Narnia Tales. I really enjoy them so far, but none seem to have the scope or epic quality that LW&W had. They're much smaller tales best left to TV perhaps.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Narnia might be the next Harry Potter.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Nah. Potter spread by word of mouth and was an entirely new phenomena. Narnia's old hat re-visited. I don't think it can ever carry the same cool factor as Potter has.

6. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Well id definately go see a Prince Caspian movie...

I just wonder, how they are gonna fill a two hour movie. theres a whole lot of dancing through the woods with Dionysus, Nymphs and trees
    Which is why other reproductions have combined this and Dawn Treader.

I figure, they wont combine the two, but will elaborate and add more to a Prince Caspian screenplay then they did for The LIOm, Witch, Wardrobe

Also, i agree that seemingly none of the Narnian tales are as grand and epic as The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe.
    But i feel that Voyage of the Dqwn Treader would make an Awesome movie. All the different Islands, adventures at sea...the jouirney to the end of the world... I look forward to this

7. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    I havent gotten to reading all the books but can anyone tell me which ones invovle Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy?

thanks

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I havent gotten to reading all the books but can anyone tell me which ones invovle Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy?

Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy are in TLTWATW (obviously) but then they come back in Prince Caspian. In Dawn treader, Edmund and Lucy return, this time with their cousin Eustace and in The Silver Chair, it's Eustace and his friend from school, Jill, who end up in Narnia. Peter, Edmund and Lucy make an appearance at the end of The Last Battle as well.

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Just to add to that, Professor Kirke is the star of The Magician's Nephew where the Witch and Aslan also make an appearance. And in my reading of A Horse and his boy so far there have been brief appearances by King Edmund, Queen Susan, Mr. Tumnus, and Aslan.

10. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I have a confession to make though. I honestly didn't know Narnia was a seven-part story. I haven't even seen the movie so I don't know how it ended. I honestly thought it was one book.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I haven't finished the book for this one, but I'd certainly watch the movie.

12. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    I just finished the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and I agree: it would make a great film (especially the almost surreal parts near the end-it would make for great cinematography). But it would be too much of a project to combine both books into one movie. But if they want to make more movies, they'd have to introduce Eustace somehow.

13. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    you are so right about the end of treader, and the fact that Treader and Caspian are stand alone stories...thats why i am surprised the two books have been combined in other versions. (BBC)

Anyways, i think Prince Caspian, would and will, make a great movie...There is a lot of exposition in Caspian but a lot of magic too. i look forward to seeing how it is done.

i think the duel between peter and caspians uncle will be great on screen

dont know what we are doing with any possible spoilers here?

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ooo, this is gonna be pretty sweet. I guess they're filming in the movies in the order the books were published, which makes sense to me. I'm just worried that if they don't hurry up, the kid'll be too old! ;)

Master_jedi80: I agree. That duel would be pretty awesome to see on the screen. It's got that feel to it.. the whole part with the challenge and the marshalls etc.

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm more inclined to think that Harry Potter is the new Narnia. ;)

Not to sound Star Wars-y, but I hope they finish what they started. BBC got as far as ?Silver Chair,? right? (IIRC) I wanna see ?The Last Battle.? [face_love]

Good point there, considering these stories are fifty years old. [face_thinking]

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    The thread locked itself before I got to it, Conor. :p And it was under 24 hours I tells you!

[b]Trailer![/b]

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175

The [i]Prince Caspian[/i] trailer came out earlier this week. First images I've seen of the new film. It looks awesome! What do you guys think? :D

17. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    I agree. It looks really good and since a like the first film I'll definitely check this one out as well.

18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I like the look of the film as well, the trailer was very good.

19. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Rich, luxurious, epic, a little deeper and darker in tone than the first film... this is the heir to the fantasy throne established by the LOTR films, IMO.

20. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Ehh... no. Not if it's anything like the first film.

21. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, the first film had its weaknesses, no argument there. But it was only the first step in a very epic direction, and also the first live-action film by the director, who had previously only worked with CGI animation. From the trailer, it feels like the filmmakers have learned their lessons and are proceeding with a richer, more interesting show this time around.

22. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    They've improved with the centaurs, I heard, which is good as one is a secondary character.

[face_love] Centaurs

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The centaurs were done very well in the first film. I can't wait to see what they've done with them this time around.

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Saw the trailer at The Golden Compass. I didn't particularly enjoy the first one (and I haven't read any of the books) but I think I'm going to see this. the trailer was REALLY good.

25. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    This one looks better than the first. A LOT better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.