main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLover1991, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    I really like the movie. A big improvement from the first film. I hope they can find some financier so they can make The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

2. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I see pros and cons to both films, although I still enjoy them fairly equally, with maybe a slight preference to TLTWATW over PC.

PC is darker, has more action, and is better paced. It also has better vfx for the most part, with the exception of aslan, who I don't think looks as good as in TLTATW.

TLTWATW is more whimsical, mostly due it being the first trip to narnia, and no other humans but the children, it also has a better score, as PC reused a lot of music from TLTWATW. It is also truer to the source material than PC.

3. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I liked it, I guess. I think I liked the first one a bit more in some ways;I really loved how they portrayed Lucy- the scene when she first comes into Narnia is adorable.

PC had some definite improvement, though, especially with the battle scenes. And all of the scenes with the King Miraz in that crazy room with the Telmarine Lords were awesome.

I hope they make Dawn Treader- and I think it could be a good movie. They could just cut out some of the boring-er parts. (I wouldn't be surprised if either the part where they are slaves for like 20 minutes or the part with the hopping mushrooms gets dropped.

But I think it would be good, too, as long as they make sure that Eustace's transformation is different than Edmunds so we don't just get a rehash of the first one.

Really though, the ones I can't wait for are Silver Chair (Plato! [face_love]) and The Magician's Nephew, which is my favorite, hands down.

I agree with whoever said that The Last Battle left a bad taste in their mouth. I cannot stand what they end up doing with Susan in that movie- just because a girl grows up to like boys and parties and makeup or whatever does not mean that she deserves to be stuck in England by herself after her brothers, sister, cousin and parents die in a train wreck. I mean, come on!

4. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    The reason Susan was left behind wasn't just because she grew up, it was because she didn't believe in Narnia anymore. She, unlike Peter, Edmund, Lucy, and the others, convinced herself that Narnia was just a childhood game of imagination they played when they were younger. That was why she couldn't return in the end.

5. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah, but they still made a really big deal out of her interests diversifying a bit more than the others. I mean, it's not like she did anything as bad as Edmund or Eustace did, and they both got multiple chances to straighten up. And while she may have messed up by denying Narnia, she obviously still loved her family, so her ultimate fate is kinda sad.

6. lukeiamyourhamburger

lukeiamyourhamburger Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2009
    Did anyone else order the 3-disc set of PC? I'm really curious how much extra stuff they could come up with to make the whole thing 3 DVDs ... that's a whole lotta movie!

7. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Disc 2 is the disc with the bonus features, while disc 3 is just the digital copy.

8. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Yes, it is sad. But it was her fault. She denied Narnia, Aslan, and all those things she knew to be true, so in the end, she was not allowed to live in New Narnia with her family and friends. However, C. S. Lewis himself stated that if Susan returned to her belief in Aslan/Narnia before she died, she would be able to come to New Narnia and live there for eternity with everyone else. But he never said if she did or not.

9. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
  10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  11. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm glad another studio stepped up to the plate to put up the money. I just hope Fox doesn't try to influence the movie too much and just puts up the money and let Walden Media maintain artistic control.

12. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    ^ ^ ^ That's pretty much how I feel about it: "Hooray!" that another studio has picked up the production, but "Uh-oh" that it's Fox, which has a reputation for short-changing its sci-fi/fantasy pictures, not providing enough funding/merchandising/support. However, I continue to be very pleased that Apted is directing -- he made my favorite Brosnan Bond movie, The World is Not Enough, among other fine films -- and that Barnes will be returning as Caspian.

So overall I think this is good news.

13. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    W00T!!!! Awesome!!!

14. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I enjoyed the first one more, but Prince Caspian still had all the same good, mysterious elements. I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.