main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Vader chokes people from across the galaxy in the OT, that would be nothing for Palpatine for sure.

V-2 likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How the heck does he do that anyway? I've always wondered that.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I could picture Palpatine standing in front of a security video monitor somewhere and listening to the whole conversation between Letta & Ahsoka and then just at the precise moment...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's very strongly hinted that Tarkin and Palpatine are co-conspirators. Personally I suspect that the militant group Barriss fell in with was under Tarkin's jurisdiction, but that's just a feeling. It could just as easily be Palpatine's, with Tarkin tasked only with framing Ahsoka, but I think the glances between Tarkin and Palps towards the end of the trial strongly suggest that Tarkin was well informed in a variety of contingencies, suggesting he understood the Chancellor's political goals.

How much is Tarkin supposed to know about Palpatine at this point? Is it covered much in the EU?

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    We see that when Ahsoka visits Letta in prison she is not allowed to take in her lightsabers or comlink. We later see that the clone troopers during Ahsoka's escape were cut down by a lightsaber...another piece of evidence that decreases the plausibility that Barriss acted alone in terms of her being able to sneak in her weapons, get past the guards and all of the ray-shields.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Whoops! Well, this comment didn't age well, did it?

7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Why not? It's an opinion, not a prediction.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    His opinion was that Ahsoka should be killed; and like so many whom had/have a negative view of Ahsoka, that opinion turned out to be a wrong opinion.

The Togruta Jedi likes this.
  9. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    :confused:

I wasn't aware an opinion can be wrong, it's subjective, unless the person you quoted tells it like ''I was wrong to think that'' but I didn't see it. While you are right some people change their opinion about Ahsoka, but some people still did not, so I still don't understand your post.

I still believe Ahsoka should've been killed in the Rebels, although not in TCW. For her to survive the battle of Yavin and after still doesn't make any sense for me.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm glad that Ashoka didn't immediately lose her plot armor and die or disappear as soon as the new generation took over in the next show or the show after that.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Or the show after that. Her plot armor is as good as Beskar

fett 4 likes this.
  12. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Seems to be better. Has her own series now

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm glad Ahsoka Tano lived and still lives by the ST era. She was grown from hated to loved. She's the jedi of the new era with Luke and Ezra post ROTJ.

CampOfSorgan and rumblewagon like this.
  14. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Happy for her growth and popularity. I look forward to the live action show and lots more of Ahsoka in the future.

Questionon on this episode/arc is where is Luminara during this time? Why was she not seen as her apprentice is clearly under a lot stress. One has to wonder because how could a master allow this or not even be mention during this trivial time during Ahsokas/Bariss's fate.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  15. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Luminara always acted more "professional," so to speak. Most likely duty demanded her elsewhere, and her absence also played into Barriss' actions. Maybe she was on Kashyyyk already, as seen in Revenge of the Sith? But I think she was most definitely off-Coruscant at the time.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I highly doubt Tarkin knows Sidious is a Sith Lord

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He knows Anakin is Darth Vader and thinks Palpatine is his sith master, but he dosen't really care about it.

CampOfSorgan and MrDarth0 like this.
  18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    This ^^

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  19. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Is that based on Tarkin’s words in ANH, “The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.”

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That only says that he knows about Vader's past identity as a Jedi.

21. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I don't know if this is official, but my headcanon for a long time has been that Force chokes across distance can only be done via hologram. Don't ask me how that works, but all I know is that, if there aren't limitations placed on this power, we are in trouble lol. A universe where Sith Lords can Force choke anyone at any time would be pandemonium. People talk about the Holdo maneuver "breaking the universe", but this arguably did it first.

22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmmm.. I took it as Tarkin saw the Sith and Jedi as the same Force religion. Afterall Palpatine does say in ROTS, “the Sith and Jedi almost the same in everyway, including their quest for greater power.”

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's Palpatine who says it, and that's a lie in order to tempt Anakin. Anakin in that very scene doesn't fall for it and explains the main difference between the the Jedi and the Sith in regards to power.

As for Tarkin, I'm sure that he, like the other imperial military leaders, knows that Vader is a Sith Lord and not a Jedi. Although Tarkin does know that Vader was once Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi. Hence his comment about Vader being all that's left of them.

Sarge likes this.