main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I was trying to emphasize Tarkin may believe what Palpatine said, lie or not. To the uninitiated, a Jedi and Sith can seem the same.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    Why did they bring back Ahsoka after she had left the Jedi?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    What do you mean? In season 7?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Because the story wasn't done.

6. IJjones41

Nov 13, 2021
    What story? Considering that Ahsoka was never seen or mentioned in "Revenge of the Sith", what story? She was very unnecessary in this last season. Also, I was not impressed by this series overall. Was Lucasfilm planning "The Mandalorian" before this last season aired? I also found this last attempt to connect Episode II and Episode III contrived and disappointing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  7. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    The story conceived by George Lucas and Dave Filoni back in 2012 before the Disney purchase and the show's cancellation. The Siege of Mandalore was always going to happen, and Ahsoka was always going to lead it and meet Anakin beforehand. Disney bought Star Wars and cancelled the show prematurely, and now we got it. Ahsoka did not have to be explicitly mentioned in Revenge of the Sith, because that's not her story. There is a reason why she was not mentioned, and there is a reason why Anakin is in that particular mindset, which is obvious from TCW and RotS.
    The show and the movie intertwine multiple times, including during this holo-meeting, after Anakin is being sent to the Chancellor:
    [​IMG]
    which was planned by Lucas back in 2012 as seen in the original concept arts:
    [​IMG]

8. IJjones41

Nov 13, 2021
    Pity. Because I don't see how the Siege of Mandalore was supposed to serve as a connection between Episodes II and III. I guess there is nothing one can do except form an opinion of the series.

9. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    It was never meant to serve solely as a connection. As far as being a "connection," it sends PT characters into their respective story in RotS movie and intertwines with it a number of times, but it is first and foremost its own story with its own characters and a story that runs concurrently with the film.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  10. IJjones41

Nov 13, 2021
    It wasn't meant to serve as a connection? But wasn't that supposed to be the purpose of "The Clone Wars"? To serve as a connection between the 2002 and 2005 movies? That's all I've heard over the years. I don't recall anything I've seen in "The Clone Wars" that led to Anakin's decisions in "Revenge of the Sith". The whole thing about Maul discovering that Anakin was destined to become Palpatine's future apprentice? I found that very contrived. Then again, I found Maul's resurrection contrived and implausible, even for SW. I think it was simply a fan service decision. The only real connection between the two movies I saw was the story arc about how Order 66 was prematurely kickstarted in the clone trooper Tup and Fives' investigation, along with Ahsoka's survival of Order 66. Even the Order 66 arc didn't seem well handled to me. Everything else in late Season Seven was simply mentioned or referred to.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021