main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.08 - Together Again- Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Apr 8, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 17, 2020.
  1. 10

9.8%
  2. 9

19.7%
  3. 8

18.0%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

9.8%
  6. 5

4.9%
  7. 4

6.6%
  8. 3

6.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.9%
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    His side likely has a scaled down view of what is below him to his side (but above his floor), like a series of security monitors. That way his eyeline can match up with his environment without having to be on an elevated platform.

Alternatively, he could actually be on an elevated viewing platform inside a projection room like Cerebro in the X-films.

Crimson Dawn may be,like Saw, another Underworld concept that Solo just got to use first even though TCW intended to include it originally. Solo did use the Pykes, afterall, and they started in TCW. With the possible cross-pollination with Kessel between those projects, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm assuming that, if Bo was always going to be in this episode, then Ahsoka simply returned to Coruscant later on before Siege begins. She goes to Mandalore, confirms Maul's presence, learns some of what he's up to, returns to Coruscant for either supplies or info, ends up in the shrine adventure, before returning to Mandalore.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This is to me the only sequence that makes sense.

3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    The criticisms of the episode are interesting, but it was a hit in my house. I think that's largely because it wrapped up this story that was definitely dragged out pointlessly at parts. I liked the sisters, Ahsoka's friendship with Trace, and begrudging ultimate mutual respect with Rafa. Minor nitpick, but I didn't care for how easily they stole more spice this episode, because that really diminished the sense of foreboding consequence of the mission in the first place. My daughter's criticism was consistently that Rafa and/or Trace ended up randomly looking more competent than Ahsoka and she hated that.

Really I was happy to see Ahsoka go off with Bo. But here's the thing - why did she go? She wants to get away from the Jedi and make her own way. I didn't get why she would decide that fighting Maul with Mandalorians was her problem. I feel like the intent of the sister arc was to lead Ahsoka to a place where she wants to rejoin the fight, but that felt really tacked on. The sisters were just like, "you should do this," she was like, "yeah okay I'll do this." If she were worried about the safety of the sisters without her involvement, it would have flowed better imo, but they had dialogue of Ahsoka specifically saying that she felt they would be fine/a low priority for the bad guys. If the sisters were threatened in some way for retaliation or something, I could see Ahsoka hiding them out and then going to deal with the threat to them as a reasonable culmination of a handful of episodes showing them becoming found family of sorts. Then the purpose would tie in to greater SW/Jedi themes like the no attachment philosophy.

Jedi Knight Fett and Erkan12 like this.
  4. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The canonity of the Sith Temple isn't about whether Ahsoka made a detour. It's about her first exchange with the Council since her walking out. That meeting will be awkward, tense and conflicted as it's made clear that Ahsoka wants nothing to do with the Council, let alone go crawling back to them for assistance. But she'll have to hold her nose and do it for the sake of the bigger cause. This will be a choice she'll have to make. The coda of this last episode sets up the anticipation for that.

If we start E9 and it turns out that not only have they already met but there was a whole off-screen adventure with the Jedi in between, we're cheated out of that. It'll have been a false setup. I don't think that's the plan.

If we ever see the Sith Temple arc, it'll be in a non-canon "here's what would have happened if the show hadn't been canceled" way. I'll snap it up greedily if it ever happens but I'm not counting on it.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    There are also holograms like these;

Which shows multiple people at the same time.

But I didn't see a hologram that shows the entire area before.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I feel like the Maul one is plausible, there is no indication he saw or was even looking for Ahsoka (Though I can see where that assumption was coming from). Maybe he was responding to an instinct from the force, or someone off screen on his end?

When I think of bizarrely situated holograms this is the first one that comes to mind, as I found it strange even at the time the episode originally came out.

How does this work from Dooku's end? Clearly he saw Obi-Wan but how did he turn his hologram around from his end?

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    He couldn't have seen Obi Wan, but he could turn around. I don't understand why they need to break the screen geography to have them seem to be there, or make eye contact. It would've been just as effective if Dooku didn't turn around or act like he could see him. He can still hear him.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    this arc was okay, I liked seeing Ahsoka in her post-Jedi realm and I always like smuggling and Pykes but there were sometimes it felt like running in circles (episode 3 being sort of guilty of that) and the sisters were... okay, not as funny or fun as the show seemed to think it was. but it looks like Bad Batch some elements were already put together so they went with it.

They could have done a different arc but I think it's just what they had available (with Siege of Mandalore being the one "from scratch") Basically I liked seeing Kessel again and the Mandalorian/Maul teases were very cool and interesting to see CW actually have an arc preview into another arc which it never really did.

I'm totally fine with the notion that Maul sensed Ahoksa in the force from light years away, we're talking about top tier Force users here.

I hope the next episode has a Son of Dathomir recap in the newsreel because Maul if only watching the TV show has gone from being shocked by Sidious to on his own and in charge again.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Most Seppie designs are some of the worst designs in Star Wars. The Mandalorian seems to have chosen one of the better ones for the flashback (the droid gunships). Shows that Favreau has a good design sense, IMO.

Sarge likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I did think the action scenes in this arc were solid though, which is key in an animated action show. Also one of the spice running guys in part 4 was voiced by the same actor who did Neeku on Star Wars Resistance.

11. MonoOwl

MonoOwl Jedi Knight

Mar 11, 2016
    Could've sworn those gunships were in ROTS...

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. And in TCW.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Disagree. Nothing said in this episode precludes her from having worked with the Jedi between her walking out and this arc.

But honestly the more I think about it, the more I feel there's going to be a timeskip in between Ahsoka's Walkabout and Siege of Mandalore. Return to the Jedi could happen there too. Guess we gotta wait for the next episode to find out.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    originally from 2005 Battlefront, where it actually had a name: the MAF

[​IMG]

15. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    That thing is hideous. It looks like Trek background kitbash, but worse. Surely that's not the same ship as in Ep3/Mandalorian.

cwustudent and Sarge like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, it looks very different in Mando. Namely, the nose/ anterior part is much smaller and better-proportioned with the disc in the back.

17. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Wow, I've totally never noticed those things in ROTS, or at least never equated them with the ships in the Onderon arc. They have a very splashy introductory moment there, so I always equated them with that arc. My bad! To be honest that whole sequence in ROTS remains pretty disappointing to me compared to the wookiee warrior stuff I had always imagined, so I kind of gloss over it.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m with you. What could have been an incredible sequence (the whole Order 66 montage) instead looked like cheap video game cut scenes. One of the most disappointing moments of the PT, for me.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So it was revealed in this episode that Maul has Crimson Dawn up and running, so how does that square with Enfy's Nest's (very epic) speech from Solo,

"There's a story about a band of mercenaries who came to a peaceful planet. They had a resource that these men coveted, so they took it. They kept coming back, taking more, till finally, the people resisted. When the ravagers returned and demanded their tribute, the people shouted back with one voice. No more. So they cut out the tongue of every man, woman, and child. That was many years ago. Do you know what that pack of animals became?"

did that all happen in between Son of Dathomir and the most recent TCW episode. I guess there must be a year separating those stories or a bit less? I love seeing Maul's shenanigans in TCW connected to Crimson Dawn in Solo but Enfy's speech is like Crimson Dawn origins story.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I never considered Maul to have been involved in the Crimson Dawn origin story. I assumed Enfys was describing a thing that occurred many decades ago - perhaps back to a time when the very elderly people in that sequence were young.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    huh, interesting, I assumed that Maul created Crimson Dawn and they went merc-ing the spaceways and then took over the planet but you're totally right, there is a suspiciously quiet old lady on the beach the implication is that she had her tongue cut out as a child so maybe he just took over Crimson Dawn like how he takes over a lot of other things. But on the flipside, it's possible one of Crimson Dawn's first raids was on Savareen, right after he escapes Sidious and Dooku, and that old lady was just already old when they de-tongue'd her. Enfy's does mention the five syndicates so it seems they were already a thing before then and certainly not just 10 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

That's not the one in ROTS and Mandalorian.

[​IMG]

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thanks, I know. As I mentioned earlier:

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Crimson Dawn is indeed from Maul:

"A Star Wars Story script writer Jon Kasdan stated that the name "Crimson Dawn" for the organization was conceived as a subtle way to hint Darth Maul's appearance in the film, in addition of the artifacts from Dryden's study and Qi'ra's use of Teräs Käsi."

The2ndQuest likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That is true, there are some hints that Maul is the Man Behind the Curtain throughout Solo, I'm just trying to square Enfy's story with Maul establishing and/or taking over Crimson Dawn during the Clone Wars. Cuz if it was already established and Maul took it over (thankfully they had a menacing name he could use) her story works a bit better