main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.08 - Together Again- Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Apr 8, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 17, 2020.
  1. 10

9.8%
  2. 9

19.7%
  3. 8

18.0%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

9.8%
  6. 5

4.9%
  7. 4

6.6%
  8. 3

6.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.9%
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought you were saying it looks different from the Battlefront vehicle.

'Cause this is the Mando one, which is the ROTS/TCW design:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Jesta' likes this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    One of them took a shot at Yoda!

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, it’s not the same as the Battlefront design.

4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Yikes, this episode had issues. I don't understand why the Pykes decided to stun Ahsoka just so they could execute her formally five minutes later. It's a thing that often happens in adventure stories to get a character out of a tough spot, but it always bugs me. Rafa's character kind of regressed at the beginning there as well. It really jumps out when you watch the previous episode right before it. Ahsoka leaving with Bo Katan felt way too easy. And I don't remember Son of Dathomir well enough to remember the continuity errors, but that's disappointing...

Overall, though, I will say I enjoyed this arc. Rafa annoyed me, but I think she was supposed to. More importantly, I like how these episodes showed Ahsoka how some Republic citizens view the Jedi. It feels like it rounds out her character arc and sets her up for the series finale.

So, good and bad. I'm excited for the next four episodes.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I enjoyed this final episode of the arc enough to give it a 9/10. It was intense and I've gotta admit I've grown fond of the sisters. I wonder if we'll ever see them again.

Interesting how Maul sensed Ahsoka straight through the Holo. I can't recall when that's been featured before. And Ahsoka was surprised he was on Mandalore? I did think that was kind of strange as she was still with the Order after the events of the Lawless episode, right?

When the Silver Angel with Ahsoka and the sisters left the Pyke's planet, how come they couldn't sense the Mandalorian ship right on their tail? I thought that was kind of odd.

It was certainly refreshing to see Bo again and having her meet Ahsoka for the first time. I'm definitely looking forward to her roles in upcoming episodes.

Erkan12 and rumblewagon like this.
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The Battlefront II version ( that's the old BF II ) was closer to the movie version.

7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Meta-style handwaved away by showing the Mandos in their cockpit in a shot totally inspired by the shot of Boba in ESB doing the exact same close-following-but-somehow-undetected thing to the Falcon. No less silly, but kind of funny.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ...then we agree. What are we talking about? [face_laugh]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    Are you saying this
    [​IMG]is the Episode 3 one?

Because this is the episode 3 ship:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/HMP_droid_gunship[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    No, I'm talking about the one from the second video game, Battlefront 2. Not the first Battlefront.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have no idea.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    The best episode of this arc. It should have been three episodes at most.

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Excuses.

I would appreciate if they would just admit the whole 'everything is one canon and everything matters" approach doesn't work and we're back to different levels of continuity, like we used to have with G-canon, C-canon, etc.

But guess that goes against their current marketing policy.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Even then though you run into the issue of SoD also being the same level of canon as the show because it was based on unproduced epsiodes with George.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    In those cases I would say TV canon trumps comic canon.

17. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    F-Canon trumps books, comics, sequels, spinoffs, Prequels, and originals. And occasionally, it even trumps other F-Canon.

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Everything is true, from a certain point of view. ‍

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I got to tell you, I have enjoyed this season and for the most part am sad that there isn't for now anymore. It would be nice to get a couple of more arcs. On the canon issue, I don't count out the Legends stuff. Too me lets face, it adds a lot of weight. I love the Obsession comic book series, the micro series and the LOE novel just to name a few. And shatterpoint was pretty good, in fact it tells you the reason why the jedi really lose in the end. Amazing.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the covid crisis led Lucasfilm to consider developing a couple more TCW arcs in the future.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well it is certanly implied they might make more from one of the animation guys tweets. Maybe they have done animation to some that dosen't need lot of work but not ready and only done come out if people want more. I can see the crystal crisis released as it like bad bact almost finnished product. Bounty hunter arc seemed to have gone well into aniamtion. I doubt we see SOD and Ventress arc no matter how mutch people wanted them as it take 3-4 years to get them to do it and you can already read them as book and comic. I can see an season 8 with 12 more episodes, that we one final arc of Anakin, Kenobi and Grevious. One last arc for the bounty hunters and get into the tuskens lore with a duel of Boba and Bane. then maybe another big arc.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rewatched this whole arc today, and enjoyed little more this time. I think it flows better when watched in one sitting, rather than individually on a weekly basis. Trace and Rafa feel naive in a believable way, I like Ahsoka's cynicism and weariness, some nice casual worldbuilding on what 'normal people' are like in the SW universe, and the Kessel having a nice side thing is neat.

Still kinda feel that Dangerous Debt is pretty much all padding, besides the one scene where Rafa tells Ahsoka what happened to their parents, that's important. Usually with Clone Wars arcs that get the pacing wrong, there's usually two or three eps that feel a bit odd, but here it's all on poor ep 3. Didn't help that it was '1/12th' of the finale of Clone Wars. Probably would have worked better in a full Season 7, as a breather arc.

Also, it's probably just me, but I'm fascinated by the archaeology of this arc, so to speak. Trying to figure out what the original animatic must have been like, before Nyx was replaced, where the Mandalorians weren't present, how Maul must have fit in (if at all). Lucasfilm should just put out a script book or something so my curiosity can be sated :p