main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.11 - Shattered - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 30, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 9, 2020.
  1. 10

73.5%
  2. 9

12.7%
  3. 8

5.9%
  4. 7

2.0%
  5. 6

2.0%
  6. 5

1.0%
  7. 4

1.0%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope all future shows has the same feeling as this last arc of the clone wars.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. The Lonely Lizard

The Lonely Lizard Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2020
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    No, its just still a retcon and an evolved storyline situation, which they did quite a bit this season. Basically just playing around with continuity rather than staying true to it. Which means they can change things around when they want to and then tell the audience to not get hung up on it nor the details. They like to play fast and loose with "canon" and "continuity" .

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. The Lonely Lizard

The Lonely Lizard Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2020
    Still, from a certain point of view (as Obi-Wan would say), Rex didn’t betray Ahsoka as he used his remaining strength pre-Order 66 execution to get Ahsoka to find the data on the incident with Fives and free him from Palpatine/Sidious. The truth is often what we make of it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This episode gets better every time I watch it. I started a rewatch of a few arcs I thought would be relevant to Bad Batch. I tossed in SOM at the end relevant or not because it's so damn awesome. I haven't really watched this since probably the middle of last year. This time around I'm really noticing the brilliance in the composition of the shots used. In many of the scenes with Ahsoka and Rex before the 8-minute mark, the "Camera" is positioned in such a way it looks up at these two.

The angle makes Rex loom over Ahsoka through the beginning of the episode. In some shots like when Rex questions Ahsoka for not telling the council what Maul said about General Skywalker. Or, when walking onto the bridge of the Venator and the two are getting saluted by men below. From these angles, Rex seems monstrously tall over her even though he's not much taller than she is. She grew a lot, in "Mystery of a Thousand Moons" Ahsoka was just barely to his chin. Now she comes up to his eyebrows. Brilliant.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    whostheBossk and TCF-1138 like this.