main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.12 - Victory and Death (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. 10

59.3%
  2. 9

20.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    It's been implied since Revenge of the Sith that whatever happens to clones, they "know" on some implanted subconscious level that Sidious exists and is their ultimate master. In Shattered Rex specifically says "Yes, Lord Sidious" and even Cody and Gree in ROTS know enough to acknowledge him as "my lord" when acknowledging the order.

I believe the implication is that loyalty to Sidious (not just the Sith in general, but specifically him) is part of the indoctrination. Which makes sense, Palpatine wouldn't want to give any apprentice of his reason to think they can usurp him and turn the clones against him. They have to be loyal to him and only him.

Taking it further, it also ensures that if Order 66 is triggered or discovered ahead of time (as almost happened with Fives and Tup) a wayward clone cannot out Palpatine and Sidious as being the same. What if Tup had started ranting about doing what he did in the name of the Chancellor when he gunned down Master Tiplar?

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    The point I'm trying to make is that EVERYTHING is supposed to be canon now. That's what we were told. Not 'the majority of its parts' because they decided to toss out what they said originally.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    What is seen onscreen has ALWAYS trumped novels. Its been that way since the dawn of time.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They gleefully paved over Aftermath. And were right to do so.

5. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    No? There's no George anymore. No gospel canon. All are equal. Lucasfilm set the new rules. And TCW isn't a movie. It's a TV show. There's never been a rule for SW that "on screen trumps novels" only "What comes from George trumps all else," and not just things seen on screen, just "From George."

This ain't Star Trek!

DBPirate and Darkslayer like this.
  6. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Was speaking of all movies, not just Star Wars Universe.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @DarthFixxxer

Knock off the baiting.

Also let's get back on topic everyone.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That I liked most was after the cruiser is down, the battle is over, Maul is away and they have landed. The epilogue in other words. Slow, eerie, sad, a perfect tone.

I think the series began with Anakin and Obi Wan as the leads. Ahsoka takes over this show.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I have absolutely no idea what you refer to as baiting.

But I have no problem continuing an on topic discussion, as I thought I had been.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You can PM me if you would like to discuss the comment.

11. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So Ahsoka didn't get proper goodbyes with a couple of people close to her did she? She never got a proper goodbye with Padme and Plo-Koon. What must have that felt like?

Glitterstimm likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    She must have felt horrible. Padme's death would have probably been talked about on the Holo-Net. Or she could have found out from Bail.

Darkslayer and Ben-Solo like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rex calls him lord Sidious most likely the name was built into the chips

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  14. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I wonder if Bail knew what Anakin did to Padme, and if he did, why didn’t he tell Ahsoka?

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka thought he was lost in Order 66 though right? So would Bail have really told Ahsoka what happened? Or do you think Bail would have just pushed it aside and told her what happened from a different standpoint?

16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think Bail kept most of what he witnessed in episode III to himself, the less people that know the better. Especially since his life, and that of his daughters depend on nobody knowing what really happened.
    Hence why he "verified" Obi-Wans death when the Rebels crew asked him about it in season 3.

Vialco likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Did Ahsoka sense Plo Koon's death?

18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    My assumption is she was to preoccupied with whatever happened to Anakin to pay attention to what was happening to the other Jedi. At very least that's the impression I was left with during the episode since he is the only Jedi she mentions by name when Order 66 goes down.

She probably reached out later looking for survivors only to recognize Plo and everyone else missing from the living force, which would be a more silent contemplation as opposed to her more vocal concern over Anakin which was far more sudden for her. Not to mention by the time the clones started turning on the Jedi she had to prioritize her own survival over everything else.

Vialco likes this.
  19. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Considering that he knows what Jesse went through in Umbara, and yet has to see his old comrade become the complete anthesis of his former self, it's not surprising that Rex blamed the inhibitor chip for everything in Order 66. Kanan may think of it as a weak excuse for the clones to avoid responsibility and guilt for what they have done but for Rex, it wasn't an excuse. Order 66 killed his entire company in mind, even before the crash killed their bodies. Instead of dying for a glorious cause, they end up dying as rabid dogs following a wrongful order.

In a way, it's quite fitting that when Order 66 finally landed in TCW, it's the only instance of Order 66 where there were no Jedi victims. Ahsoka escaped and she had no other Jedi accompanying her. Maul escaped as well. Thus the only victims of Order 66 in that instant were ironically the clones and the droids. Thus you can see how it affects Rex's perspective compared to Kanan's. Kanan actually witnessed his master's death but not the sacrifice Commander Grey made to save his life, thus coloring his perspective on the clones. Rex didn't witness any Jedi being killed by his own brothers (thanks to him saving Ahsoka) but saw his brothers die as monsters instead of as men.

Glitterstimm and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    D'oh! How could I have missed those moments.

Kualan likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Pretty much. The "everything is canon" was such a gimmick anyway and there was no way it could last under the current structure of LFL. You need 1 visionary in charge of everything to pull that off or it won't work.
    Come on. Even if they didn't use the words verbatim, that's clearly what their job was. If an a book is canon, that means everything in it happened. That's the definition.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The finale was excellent imo, definitely a 10. The Phantom Apprentice episodes felt cinematic in scale, and the Vader scene was a good transition to Rebels.

It would be awesome to see some show that depicts Ahsoka and Rex in the very early days of the Empire. My only complaint re: season 7 is that Anakin and Padme should have gotten more screen time, although season 6 did a good job of leading into ROTS on it's own too. I'd also been hoping we'd get some closure for the Illum younglings but that can be a story for another time.

Overall it felt like the perfect conclusion to TCW. Dark, tragic but forward looking. Made me want to rewatch Rebels just to see the story continue! If she wasn't already, Ahsoka deserves to be considered a SW main character up there with Anakin and Obi Wan. It will be very interesting to see what they do with her in live action.

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The final four episode arc is some of the best of Star Wars. I knew they had something special when they brought back the Lucasfilm Ltd. logo. The ending of the Clone Wars is probably a better ending than any of the movies (with a possible exception for TESB)

Darkslayer and rumblewagon like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Rogue One has the best ending, IMO. In my view, the very end of ESB is nothing too special (though the Vader-Luke conflict is gold, if you’re counting that as part of the ending). But TCW definitely stuck the landing, and is one of the best Star Wars conclusions out there.

Darkslayer and rumblewagon like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t worry there are a lot of missable moments of small pieces of dialogue