main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.12 - Victory and Death (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. 10

59.3%
  2. 9

20.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0.7%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Im lucky, I get it on May 3rd - this evening at around 11pm (I live in Alaska).

CampOfSorgan, TadoFett and cwustudent like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Spoil me, Bridge Keeper! I am not afraid!

3. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I guess it's safe to stay up after midnight then? I should tell every device in my household to remind me of NOT taking my meds before midnight then.

So far and thanks to your warnings I managed to stay away of spoilers. Otherwise I've become good with it. I managed to watch the last episode of the Mando yesterday without knowing anything about it.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    :vader::bluesaber:

Before or after the Death Star in ROTS?

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'd say at least a few years after RotS. He already has his lightsaber, there are stormtroopers, the lambda-class shuttle, and it's snowing.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    @sraw__rats

He was not interested in killing them as it would be too easy and they'd die too soon. He even played around with the Inquisitors. Maul is like Star Wars' Roy Batty.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Wonder if those parts of the country were getting previous episodes early as well?

Damn you Star Wars Coffee, they will never get another click from me again

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  8. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Anyone know the length of tonight's episode yet then?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I saw a thumbnail for there video this morning I was ****ing pissed. Luckily I kinda expected it.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    23 minutes I think I heard.

Amdrag likes this.
  11. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    So the shortest episode? That's kind of disappointing.

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Yeah, this is a big problem with youtube culture. Speed is so crucial to being noticed at all in a sea of multiple people covering the same topic. Having said that, most YTers should be waiting on this. This is just unfair.

As for me? I've seen the episode. I found a legal solution that worked. I will not say anything other than the fact that it is incredible and a perfect ending for the series itself.

Disney screwing up this release is awful and they should be cruicified for splitting the release like this. Spoilers are going up like wildfire when 99% of the internet won't know or won't have the means at all to see it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, that's ghastly.

Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    23 minutes!? Rebels finale was 45 why can’t they do that?

Darkslayer, Sproj and B99 like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, Oceania is many hours ahead of western time zones. 14 hours ahead of mine, for example. It’s past 5am there.

Are people just today discovering different time zones, or is it just that Disney Plus usually pins their releases to PST? ;)

cwustudent likes this.
  16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Disney Plus doesn't always release the content ahead of time like this, from what I've seen, else we'd have more episodes leaking early like this.

It happened once or twice before this, but not every time.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    While I would have wanted more time, the truth is that this story was told from a certain perspective and just adding minutes to tell other things was not the mandate of this arc. Believe it or not this has been a very tight arc that runs parallel to ROTS. This arc so far has done something very difficult. You see the prior clone wars LOE novel and Vol 2 of the micro series were lead ins to the movie, as opposed to this arc that ran side by side. I know that the last episode will be epic in every way and this arc will be talked about for years to come. Who knows, maybe another movement will start for more clone war material.

Darkslayer and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I heard it was 21 not 23

Meh you could've chopped Rebels down to 20 minutes and it wouldn't have made any difference. Watching this TCW Mandalorian arc and its amazing it's the same people who did Sabercopters and Space Dogs

Vialco, Deliveranze and Theo333 like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    To be fair this was technically a four part finale.

Darkslayer, Davrum and cwustudent like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fair point

21. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I've seen the episode. That was well earned survival, dang. I finally teared up a bit at the end there.
    Now, I'm going to watch sabotage arc, SOM arc and Ahsoka/Vader rebel episodes because clearly I like torturing myself.

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm excited and nervous at the same time, were finally seeing the end..yet..

Knowing that we still have almost 40 episodes unaired, I know I want more and I want those episodes to come out..maybe one day.

[​IMG]

Darkslayer, Merric and darkspine10 like this.
  23. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    EDIT: Nope

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2020
  24. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    I decided to treat myself to something I haven't seen yet, so I decided to do the Crystal Crisis story reels. Honestly, just from a character perspective, these might be my favorite episodes. For all the episodes not finished, these are the ones I would want the most. I love all the original characters from the show, but there is something about when Anakin and Obi-Wan are together on their own, that distills them to their hilarious best. They are such brothers and they bring out the best and worst in each other. Also when I feel like a lot of 4 parters might be a little longer then they need to be, this is most certainly not one of them. They make use of every moment, and I think it is because of the character work. It basically the best version of the RotS opening you could imagine, or perhaps a remake of the Malevolence arc, with all they had learned. Oh, and I can't forget the most important bit. B1 greatness!

Honestly if they were finished, these might be my favorite episodes. Heck, they might still be.

Darkslayer and darkspine10 like this.
  25. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    When this episode is fine I wanna go rewatch the old story reels.I know there was only Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis as of full arcs but gonna be interesting considering I haven’t watched Crystal Crisis since 2016