main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Sorry but i repost whole list again:D I hope you don't mind:

(story arc titles are unofficial designations)
    (Production ###/Airing ###)
    Christophsis Arc
    -217/216: Cat and Mouse
    -WEB/116: Shadowed
    -201/116: The Hidden Enemy
    -118/TCW: The New Padawan
    -101/TCW: Castle of Doom
    -103/TCW: Castle of Deception
    -104/TCW: Castle of Salvation

(after several missions with her new master ahsoka is left behind to continue her studies in temple-
    or she receives mission of her own- perhaps she also meets new senator of Pantora during this time and befriends with her....) No Prisoners can take place here i think...

Mandalorian Trilogy unsure
    -213/212: The Mandalore Plot
    -121/213: Voyage of Temptation
    -216/214: Duchess of Mandalore

Droid & Ambush Duologies (overlapping stories)
    -WEB/106: The Fall of Falleen
    -102/106: Downfall of a Droid
    -WEB/107: Discount
    -WEB/118: Covetous
    -224/303: Supply Lines
    -WEB/101: Prelude
    -106/107: Duel of the Droids
    -108/101: Ambush

Wild Space supposedly happens simultaneosuly with droid duology (and therefore with ambush-duology) but i think it makes this era too hasty for Obi, Yoda, Bail and well for everyone [face_thinking]

Malevolence Trilogy
    -WEB/103: Procedure
    -COMVOL1: Shipyards of Doom
    -WEB/102: Shakedown
    -107/102: Rising Malevolence
    -109/103: Shadow of Malevolence
    -WEB/104: Agenda
    -111/104: Destroy Malevolence

Nute Trilogy
    -WEB/108: Departure
    -105/108: Bombad Jedi
    -WEB/109: Transfer
    -110/109: Cloak of Darkness
    -WEB/110: The Dreams of General Grievous
    -112/110: Lair of Grievous

Dooku Duology unsure
    -WEB/111: Bait
    -116/111: Dooku Captured
    -WEB/112: Switch
    -120/112: The Gungan General

Ryloth Trilogy
    -WEB/119: Curfew
    -115/119: Storm Over Ryloth
    -117/120: Innocents of Ryloth
    -WEB/120: The Ballad of Cham Syndulla
    -119/121: Liberty on Ryloth

Republic heroes????

Maridun Duology unsure
    -WEB/113: Headgames
    -122/113: Jedi Crash
    -WEB/114: Neighbors
    -124/114: Defenders of Peace

Virus Duology unsure
    -WEB/117: The Valley
    -126/117: Blue Shadow Virus
    -202/118: Mystery of a Thousand Moons

Stand Alone unsure
    -WEB/115: Cold Snap
    -125/115: Trespass

Stand Alone
    -219/217: Bounty Hunters

Holocron Arc
    -123/201: Holocron Heist
    -WEB/201: Act On Instinct, Part 1
    -WEB/202: Act On Instinct, Part 2
    -WEB/203: Act On Instinct, Part 3
    -113/202: Cargo of Doom
    -203/203: Children of the Force

Clone Trilogy, Part I unsure

-301/301: Clone Cadets (can take place before as well- very free episode- no main characters or anything that would bind it to this place)

Geonosis Arc
    -205/204: Senate Spy
    -207/205: Landing at Point Rain
    -208/206: Weapons Factory
    -209/207: Legacy of Terror
    -212/208: Brain Invaders

Clone Trilogy, Part II unsure

-WEB/105: Mouse Hunt
    -114/105: Rookies (Ahsoka is recovering after brainworm-incident and clones inspect bases after geonosis -it's logical snce republic's base on Geonosis was taken by locals prior the second battle as Anakin mentions

2. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Thankyou so much. Is TCW the movie? is that the episodes that became the movie?

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes these eps made a movie

somehow that can be seen that first part of the movie is actually episode 18 in production ordero_O ... battle of Christophsis is so goodlooking...... i don't really understand why eps aren't produced in order (sometimes there is not even these big battles or something to explain production schedule)- well my list should have both designations in form XXX/YYY in which X is production order and Y airing order ;) originally most are taken from 2nd Quest though[face_whistling] thanks to him:)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I listed production order first originally since it seemed that might have been a better indicator of chronological order (once you factored in the alternating production schedules of two different animation studios working on the show). I've since revised my list to display the airing orders first, as it makes it a little easier to locate the episodes across multiple DVD sets this way :).

The reason The New Padawan was 118 was because it was an afterthought- the series was supposed to open with the Castle Trilogy with Ahsoka already Anakin's padawan, but when they decided to make them into a movie (after much of Season 1 had already started production), Lucas decided to make a prequel showing how Ahsoka became his padawan to help turn things into movie-length.

What remains unclear is if The Hidden Enemy was actually planned before or after The New Padawan. It might have originally been a two-parter with The New Padawan, or The Hidden Enemy simply used models being created for TNP.

Here's my version currently (I intend to integrate the other spin-off material in soon):

Television Episodes
    Web Comics
    Comic Books

(Airing ###/Production ###)
    Christophsis Arc
    -216/217: Cat and Mouse
    -116/201: The Hidden Enemy
    -TCW/118: The New Padawan
    -TCW/101: Castle of Doom
    -TCW/103: Castle of Deception
    -TCW/104: Castle of Salvation
    -106/102: Downfall of a Droid
    -303/224: Supply Lines
    -107/106: Duel of the Droids
    -101/108: Ambush
    Malevolence Trilogy
    -102/107: Rising Malevolence
    -103/109: Shadow of Malevolence
    -104/111: Destroy Malevolence
    Clone Trilogy, Part I
    -301/301: Clone Cadets
    Nute Trilogy
    -108/105: Bombad Jedi
    -109/110: Cloak of Darkness
    -110/112: Lair of Grievous
    Clone Trilogy, Part II
    -105/114: Rookies
    Ryloth Trilogy
    -119/115: Storm Over Ryloth
    -120/117: Innocents of Ryloth
    -121/119: Liberty on Ryloth
    Dooku Duology
    -111/116: Dooku Captured
    -112/120: The Gungan General
    Maridun Duology
    -113/122: Jedi Crash
    -114/124: Defenders of Peace
    Virus Duology
    -117/126: Blue Shadow Virus
    -118/202: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    Stand Alone
    -115/125: Trespass
    Mandalorian Trilogy
    -212/213: The Mandalore Plot
    -213/121: Voyage of Temptation
    -214/216: Duchess of Mandalore
    Geonosis Arc
    -204/205: Senate Spy
    -205/207: Landing at Point Rain
    -206/208: Weapons Factory
    -207/209: Legacy of Terror
    -208/212: Brain Invaders
    Stand Alones
    -304/225: Sphere of Influence
    Holocron Arc
    -217/219: Bounty Hunters

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The Savage Oppress arc is only three episodes? That sucks. I hope this won't end up like the Darth Maul legacy, sweet, but too short. I hoping that this turns out to be the Night Sisters arc, instead. Then again, I love this whole idea of more dark jedi getting involved because, I always thought there should have been more in the war against the Republic, and so I hope they live longer, too.

6. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    I have a feeling that while the origin of Savage is only 3 episodes long...we'll be sending a good long time with him. At least to the end of the season. Hopefully next season too.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I hope not- let's end his story in this season finale- i don't want him becoming new Grievous or Ventress:oops: ... and it's also stupid if he suddenly kills every jedio_O ...

8. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Actually it would be sweet if Grievous killed him. It would make Grievous look really awesome, give him some street cred and then we'd be done with Opress. Then Grievous can move forward and start killing some Jedi. Please.

9. shamska

shamska Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2010
    Hello,

I just rewatch Senate Murder, and at the begining of the episode we have Satine leaving the room where Padme is.
    She wears exactly the same costume that she had in the previous episode (Duchess of Mandalore). Do you think that she comes back to Coruscant for another purpose after the Corruption duology ?

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's meaningless.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Her presence can't be ascertained from the episode- and her choice of wardrobe, as mentioned above, doesn't indicate anything as they were just reusing an existing model for her background cameo.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    A general question surrounding the timeline of the war - Clearly, "Supply Lines" acts as a prequel to both "Ambush" and the Battle of Ryloth featured in Season 1, so why the long gap in the timeline between "Supply Lines" and the other Ryloth episodes? Is the batle truly supposed to have just been this long (with continual, off-screen fighting during the interim)? Was there a long occupation without any open warfare? Did the CIS forces retreat once their blockade was broken, only to return later to take up the fight?

I beg your forgivness if there's been something obvious to have slipped my mind. Many thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

By the way, allow me just to say that I find the whole of the discussion fascinating and it's really a charming aspect of the series. Once the series is all wrapped up (and an official timeline is established), does anyone feel that a box set of blu rays, released to be viewed in accordance with the timeline (rather than by season), could possibly be in order? What do you think - too much?

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm rather hoping that's in our future.

As for Supply Lines and Ryloth, the gap is for a few reasons- Cham needs time for his harsh attitude towards the Republic to sink in (as well as time for his resistance to gain momentum), there needs to be time for the Separists to establish their blockade following the defeat of the Republic forces in Supply Lines, as well as round up the population, etc. The Republic also needs time to mount to the counter-attack (a situation likely hampered by the fleet losses incured by the Malevolence attacks).

Additionally Ahsoka needs time to develop her skills- particularly her flying skills (as Anakin is not too hot on her flying in Droid Duo/Malevolence). Otherwise it seems out of place that she's given a squadron to command so early in her training, among other details.

And, with Supply Lines linked to Ambush, which itself is established as being pre-Malevolence and pre/concurrent-with Droid Duo via webcomics and such, there's a certain amount of episodes that have to transpire between the two Ryloth stories. The Nute Trilogy is also implied to happen in that spanse as well, so it gets pushed back even further.

Ironically, Ambush was originally going to take place post-Malevolence before it got bumped up to be the debut episode at the last moment- but of course they had no idea back then that those events would be tied into Ryloth 2 years later. If they had stuck to that original placement, the webcomic wouldn't have been altered to reflect that and we might have had some more leighway in closing that gap a little when they eventully did decide to link it to Ryloth. 8-}

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Perhaps they've both recovered and, not wanting to push Ahsoka after such an ordeal, Ahsoka is just back at the temple studying while Rex, "just a clone", is back in action?

But you're right- it's not perfect from a Rex POV, but it is smoother from an Ahsoka POV. I use "Ahsoka absences" in a more general way as it's bumpier for a viewing order without trying to smooth them over at least a little. But I don't think any solution here will be perfect in that regards.

Sphere/BH can go in any order in relation to each other. If you put it after Bounty Hunters, it's a "oh, look, it's those awesome bounty hunters in the background" response, but if you have Sphere first, then it plays up their initially hostile/threatening nature in BH since it's now "oh, it's those bounty hunters from Jabba's court!" (assuming one remembers them).

It also has the benefit of not interrupting the Felucia plotline, so that facet of the Holocron arc can flow together in it's entirety. So, that's why I favor that approach.

Because Aurra is already with Bane in Invitation Only. If you have it after Assassin, then that means Aurra escapes the temple, leaves Coruscant, hooks up with Bane to join his team, then goes back to Coruscant for Hostage Crisis.

Having Invitation Only first means that now Aurra is free to hook up with Bane after her recovery with Hondo, carry out her assassination attempt, get caught and brought in on Coruscant, escape and meet up with Bane on the planet (this line of events makes even more sense if Aurra's escape is linked to TODO's resurrection/escape as well).

In other words, it has her bouncing around a lot less and provides for a smoother reading/viewing experience.

As to the placement of the Mando trilogy, I use it to extend the time between Trespass and Sphere, to give Ahsoka time to become good friends with Chuchi, since Geonosis isn't enough by itself (especially since she's pretty busy during/around the Geonosis storyline).

And, since the Mando trilogy has to happen before Corruption, that seems like a good place for that friendship to be established off-screen while Anakin and Obi-Wan and doing the Mando thing.

It's also vaguely in the same neighborhood to the Corruption duology (without being too close to each other or being on opposite ends of the list), so that, IMO, fits Ahsoka being unaware of the Mando events of Anakin and Obi-Wan from the trilogy at the start of Corruption.

And, having it post-Ryloth fits the second best option for the Mando Trilogy's placement in relation to the Ryloth and Nute Trilogies (in regards to the senators participating in the neutral systems gathering with Satine).

(the best option would still be before Christophsis, IMO, but damn that episode guide ;). And I also still feel placing it right after Christophsis feels out of place in regards to Ahsoka's presence, so far as a viewing order goes, even if one can insert an explanation in there to smooth it over a little, as you have)

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well so many conclusions without explanations i must say.... first of all Ahsoka's absence is odd in some stories anyway- mandotrilogy has Rex- so virus cannot explain Ahsoka's absence if Rex is ok- Ahsoka has to disappear without good

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The2ndQuest, thanks to you for the prompt and thoughtful reply. As I said, fascinating (and fun!).

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, as I said, you are right that Rex's presence throws a kink into "explaining Ahsoka's absence" theory and perhaps I'll try to revisit that concept with a better solution. However, it strikes me that Ahsoka's absence is more notable than Rex's- that her absences are picked up on more quickly, which is why I try to focus on smoothing over that perception, so far as a viewing order is concerned.

You also have a good point that perhaps other TCW EU material could be used to explain those absences- however, while I do think most people are interested in seeing how everything fits together, the series by itself should be able to flow as a viewing order without relying on those other sources.

So, I wouldn't want to necessarily rely on an EU source to be the sole reason that explains what would otherwise come across as an incongruous viewing issue with the series, unless it was absolutely necessary.

And, for those reasons, is why I avoid placing the Mando trilogy in that post-Christophsis/pre-Ryloth slot. While we might be able to arbitrarily explain Ahsoka's absence through an EU source or fan theory, as a viewing of the series, the editor in me just feels it's wrong to have Ahsoka vanish right after she's introduced.

As it stands, since we can't have it pre-Christophsis, and I have my viewing order issues with post-C/pre-R, and I find having it between Supply Lines & Ryloth works even less, that leaves me with a post-Ryloth and we have to consider Orn and Farr as participating based on their experiences in Ryloth and Nute trilogies.

It's the lesser of the available evils, IMO. However, I can perfectly understand taking an alternate approach. If the episode guides didn't say Cat & Mouse was first, I'd move Mando trilogy pre-Christophsis in a heartbeat.

Actually, I think it does have to happen after Trespass, as she does seem new to things in Trespass and not standing on her own, but finds herself after the events of Trespass. Plus, I believe the Jedi are introduced to her then as well, are they not?

It would seem a stretch if Ahsoka, who should (early on) either be in the temple or with Anakin, was close friends with a senator Anakin had never met. Not impossible, but the episodes would seem to clearly suggest Trespass is the "start" of Chuchi's involvement with our heroes.

BH & SOI don't have to be back to back or close to each other, but putting them like that doesn't cause any problems at all.

It allows BH to function as part of the Holocron arc (allowing the Felucia plot thread to develop more clearly within a viewing order), while SOI acts as a nice thematic transition from the Separatist battles of the Geonosis arc, into the underworld/Bane-centric episodes of BH and Holocron episodes.

I could place SOI before the Boba trilogy (since Bossk's presence locks it in as pre-Boba), but the Coruscant in SOI doesn't seem to be a post-Zillo attack Coruscant (the limited Coruscant moments in the Boba trilogy don't give us hints one way or the other), so having it earlier side-steps that from feeling out of place.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well isn't it possible to move Dooku-Duology and Maridun-duology both (or only one of them) between Christophsis arc and Mandalore arc[face_thinking] - that would give some more Ahsoka-Anakin time for there before Ahsoka's first disappearance (but as Dooku captured proved Ahsoka is sometimes left behind when Ani and Obi go for a little adventure together ;) ) Searching for Dooku could be logic after he have been seen in Jabba's palace- they may have picked up a scent from there (well jabba's place must have many other odours too:p ) ... actually virus duology is free to go there as well - isn't it?

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well what about this extreme mess i came up with:p ?:
    (Production ###/Airing ###)
    Christophsis Arc
    -217/216: Cat and Mouse
    -201/116: The Hidden Enemy

Dooku Duology unsure
    -116/111: Dooku Captured
    -120/112: The Gungan General

Maridun Duology unsure
    -122/113: Jedi Crash
    -124/114: Defenders of Peace

(Anakin recovers still when Ahsoka helps some other jedi- Republic is establishing base in Pantora system and Ahsoka meets Chuchi- new senator of Pantora and they became friends- could make a good prequel)

Virus Duology unsure
    -126/117: Blue Shadow Virus
    -202/118: Mystery of a Thousand Moons

(Recovering Ahsoka is left behind for some reason while Obi-Wan and Anakin go to explore Orto Plutonia base)
    Stand Alone unsure
    -125/115: Trespass

Mandalorian Trilogy unsure
    -213/212: The Mandalore Plot
    -121/213: Voyage of Temptation
    -216/214: Duchess of Mandalore

-102/106: Downfall of a Droid
    -224/303: Supply Lines
    -106/107: Duel of the Droids
    -108/101: Ambush

Malevolence Trilogy
    -107/102: Rising Malevolence
    -109/103: Shadow of Malevolence
    -111/104: Destroy Malevolence

Nute Trilogy
    -105/108: Bombad Jedi
    -110/109: Cloak of Darkness
    -112/110: Lair of Grievous

Ryloth Trilogy
    -115/119: Storm Over Ryloth
    -117/120: Innocents of Ryloth
    -119/121: Liberty on Ryloth

Republic heroes????

Stand Alone
    -219/217: Bounty Hunters

Holocron Arc
    -123/201: Holocron Heist
    -WEB/201: Act On Instinct, Part 1
    -WEB/202: Act On Instinct, Part 2
    -WEB/203: Act On Instinct, Part 3
    -113/202: Cargo of Doom
    -203/203: Children of the Force

Clone Trilogy, Part I unsure

-301/301: Clone Cadets (can take place before as well- very free episode- no main characters or anything that would bind it to this place)

Geonosis Arc
    -205/204: Senate Spy
    -207/205: Landing at Point Rain
    -208/206: Weapons Factory
    -209/207: Legacy of Terror
    -212/208: Brain Invaders

Clone Trilogy, Part II unsure

-114/105: Rookies (Ahsoka is recovering after brainworm-incident and clones inspect bases after geonosis -it's logical snce republic's base on Geonosis was taken by locals prior the second battle as Anakin mentions in Invaders.... possibly brainworms were involved)

Saleucami Arc
    -211/211: Lightsaber Lost
    -214/209: Grievous Intrigue
    -206/210: The Deserter (we didn't

21. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Ahsoka makes a brief reference to the Malevolence in Dooku Captured. Something like,"This time, let's try not to blow the ship up with them in it."

I suppose its not the greatest reference ever, but I thought I'd let you know. I tried to place the Dooku duology after the movie and it just stood out. I agree with the placement of Jedi Crash however. I have it after the Droid duology, but before Malevolence (tried to spread out my Grievous).

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll look that order over tonight and let you know if I spot any issues. Though, I believe the timespan between Christophsis and Droid/Malevolence has been said to not be too much, so inserting so many stories between feels a little strange. I don't think there's enough evidence or need to expand that timeframe, either- so it would strike me as not conductive towards deducing what the "actual" episode order is.

But that doesn't mean it couldn't work :), like I said, I'll take a closer look later.

It's not Tatooine- apparently some aurabesh in it identifies the planet as Keyorin (known as "The Hunters World", which would fit the plot).

However, you're right- I forgot Bane goes to Tatooine at the end of Plans. Yeah, I think I'll move it to be after Plans then- he's already in the Outer Rim (and, looking at the Atlas, it looks like the Tiellust Run circles around to more or less connects the two, even if they're almost on opposite ends of the map), good catch.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    when will the clone wars re-air?

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    January 7th at 8:30.