main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty much, yeah.

And by the Padme comment I refer to the frequency to which Anakin is around Padme or assigned to her/requested by her- their marriage is secret but not their friendship or professional record.

Beyond that, it's quite possible Bane might have researched what Jedi were on Coruscant/at the Senate/noted Anakin was on Coruscant/etc. If you're gonna hold the senate hostage, you probably want to make sure Mace Windu and his Posse aren't giving a speech that day. ;)

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That explains it- i've read Rots a long time ago so i've forgotten.... it may not be easy for Kaleesh to tell humans age from an image...... i wondered that since Anakin is that kind of person who could give interviews and stuff... Anakin has seen Grievous too but it's not easy to tell his height from the holo either.... and i think that comment was supposedly joke after all.... I think Bane meets Anakin first time in Republic heroes actually[face_thinking]

Why to create such theories anymore:confused: - it's confirmed that Holocronarch takes place before Hostage crisis so of course Bane knows Skywalker... and Bane shouldn't know anything of Padmé's and Anakin's friendship either.... actually he don't even know senator Amidala... he knows her name and he kidnapped her personal droid but he don't recognize Padmé when they meet it seems... well i sense a minor plothole thereo_O but perhaps it's same as with Grievous and Anakin- Bane thinks Padmé is older because she looks older in holonet (too young and pretty to be senator)... it's said Tv makes everyone look fat but it seems Holovision makes them look old[face_laugh]

3. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but why aren't Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith on the chronological list? I mean, we know where they are placed, but they would also act as nice bookends, I believe. Kind of a we-know-the-series-starts-and-ends-here kind of thing. I have a strong suspicion that the series will end with the Battle of Coruscant and the kidnapping of Palpatine, despite the fact that these adventures were already portrayed in the earlier Clone Wars TV series.

Also, why hasn't Wild Space, No Prisoners, Gambit: Stealth, and Gambit: Siege been added to the list. As opposed to the pre-2008 books, these four books are clearly meant to be integrated with the television series, Wild Space even bridging and paralleling the series at times. I believe they should be added into the chronology, especially since you have the comics integrated into it. LucasBooks hasn't announced any further tie-in novels, which suggests to me that they considered these four books essential to explaining where Anakin is during many of his absences. Just a thought, but I think it should be considered. Great work on the chronology, by the way. I've been following this thread for over a year and keep a second copy of the entire series on my iTunes in the order agreed on here (the first copy, of course, is stuck in play-order on the DVDs).

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well as long as this show is from The Clone Wars period as it should be we don't have to add movies to the list this whole stuff supposedly takes place between them.... it's too obvious to add them to the list... and i wo't add books to the list either but that's just me- i don't consider them worth of all the trouble- placing them in a logical plot is not easy and i don't like Karen Milleräs books anyway:D

5. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    I suppose you are correct about the bookends. Perhaps if they actually do a direct sequel to Attack of the Clones, like at the Battle of Geonosis, then perhaps we should add it in. I still think they should redo the last 45 minutes of Attack of the Clones IN Clone Wars-style animation. I'd enjoy it immensely more than the current rendition. Same with the entirety of Revenge of the Sith, but that's just me.

No argument there. Her books absolutely suck! Wild Space was the worst Star Wars book I have ever read, Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Han Solo Adventures included (maybe not Jedi Prince bad, but still). No Prisoners was a little better, but not much. Gambit was just draggy beyond belief. Still, they are considered Clone Wars canon and it IS only four books, perhaps you should include them for all the other people who go on and check the chronology for information.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    No Prisoners was written by Karen Traviss; and introduced Anakin to an alternative Jedi sect where their philosophy of attachments was the opposite of his own Jedi Order and caused some serious tension between him and Ahsoka. They need to revisit that and explore it much more in depth.

7. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    And No Prisoners had Palleon which is always a good thing. But those books aren't that great. The first 3 chapters of Wild Space are nice, but afterwards the book kind of takes a nose dive. Especially now since its been confirmed that Obi-Wan and Bail had met before the movie, it makes Wild Space even more ridiculous. I haven't read the Gambit duology, but from the reviews I've read I don't think I want to. Obi-Wan and ANOTHER lost love. Geez.

And while we are discussing Bane and Anakin I would like to point out that Holocron Heist (being their first meeting) has to take place before Ryloth because in the game Republic Heroes (the 360 version) they know each other. Even Ahsoka has a resentment towards Bane. I've pointed this out a few times and for some reason everyone just ignores me.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not trying to ignore that, but not having played the games I can't confirm, counter or add to any analysis regarding them.

I'm not suggesting such theories anymore- I'm merely repeating my previous theories from before we knew Holocron happened before HC, to support my "HC was initially presented as an introduction" comments I made the other day.

It's unnecessary- we're not trying to work out the entire Star Wars timeline here (that's what the Lit forum is for), just the order of the TCW episodes and some (or all) of their associated tie-in media.

This thread in Lit has done so, and I intend to do so for my timeline as well, once I get around to either reading them myelf or, at the very least, reviewing timeline notes others have provided. Though, IIRC, only Wild Space has any concrete placement/connection to any episodes (intended to be the flipside POV of the Droid Duo events).

I also wouldn't take the number of books in the sub-series to be an indication of their overall importance to the rest of the chronology. All the TCW novels were produced on a separate contract from the regular novels because they were a specific tie-in publishing program (much like how they've done video-game tie-in novels in the past without sacrificing a normal novel for it, such as Republic Commando and The Force Unleashed). This is also why they are all (with exception to the novelization of the film) published in that larger paperback format.

Once they fulfilled their contract, they simply didn't make any others (given how the perception of the series' chronological order came into serious question as we approached the production of Season 2, it's really no surprise they didn't choose to continue until the timeline bumps were ironed out).

Hey now- the HSA's are classics and very well regarded (there's good reason why Stover dedicated (as well as paid homage to with the title of) "Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor" to Brian Daley and his style). Daley captured the classic ANH Han Solo better than anyone else ever has (of course, he had the unfair advantage since he also wrote the SW Radio Dramas).

If you haven't read them for a long time, I recommend giving them another read- the characterization and classic serial/western influences of ANH are captured perfectly, even if the events of the series itself aren't particularly significant to the films or greater EU (though they are integrated quite well with the Interludes of Rebel Dawn).

9. Whaleyland

Whaleyland Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2009
    Fair enough. I've honestly never been a huge fan of historical science fiction or westerns, both of which are heavily depicted in the Han and Lando adventures. But I do admit it has been many years since I read any of those six books, or the Han Solo Trilogy, for that matter. I still have yet to read Mindor, as well, but it is near the top of my list. Perhaps I will have a Han Solo marathon where I read all the adventures then see where they fit in the trilogy. Of course, trying to figure out Han Solo's thirty years before ANH is like trying to figure out Peter Griffin's past life from his flashbacks: impossible.

As a side note, I did like the three radio dramas and was not aware Daley wrote the scripts for them. Well done!

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL what an irony best book of Miller is not hers[face_laugh] well everyone is entitled to their opinions there is some who actually liked Miller's books[face_hypnotized] .... but Wild Space makes no sense with TCW anymore... it's supposedly happening at the same time as droid and ambush duologies

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's actually quite easy to figure out where the HSA's fit in with the HST books: the 3rd book of the HST, Rebel Dawn, has three interludes that mark where each of the three HSA books take place, consisting of a transitory epilogue (or prologue, I forget which) between the HSA events and the HST events.

Han Solo's general history isn't too complicated- mostly thanks to the HST, which accomplished the seemingly-impossible task of tying together the various backstory references that sprung up over the first 20 years of SW publication. There's only a couple more recent sources, like Renegade Squadron, that aren't directly included.

Anyways, if you do give it a shot, I hope you end up enjoying them- and if not, well, no story will be liked by everyone I suppose ;).

12. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Back in May I read all the Han Solo adventure books and the trilogy before the 30th anniversary of Empire. Awesome, awesome stuff. Made me remember why Han was my favorite character back when I was a kid.

13. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Filoni said the Savage story is as far in the time line as we've gone. I'd thought you might like to know that.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good to know- i was late the Savage screenings and missed the intro.

15. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I actually talked to him in person for a while. Everyone was at the Los Angeles showing. I met the whole cast, even Savage. Dave drew me a cool Clone Trooper on my poster.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I won't repost the whole list, but since we know these are the farthest along the timeline, we can tack-on the Savage Trilogy to the list:

Savage Trilogy
    312/XXX: Nightsisters
    313/XXX: Monster
    314/XXX: Witches of the Mist

17. shamska

shamska Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2010
    Hello,

Watching yesterday Lightsaber Lost, the introduction of this episode presents clearly Hostage Crisis, so, I don't know if this point had been already discussed but it seems possible that Ziro Arc takes place before Lightsaber Lost.

And also the introduction shows Mace Windu from the Boba Trilogy, so Saleucami Arc could be placed after Boba Trilogy also.

PS : I am french so sorry if I do some mistakes in writting.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    newsreel uses same clips over and over again- hostage crisis may be after lightsaber lost or before it- but Ahsoka watches picture of Bannamu in Assassin so perhaps she was familiar with him already.... still introreel can use any material it's not necessarily even happened yet- just animated already and if there is some material that suit there they will reuse it even if it's not chronologically possible..... and we aren't all english-speakers here anyway so don't worry:p but seems to me that your worst mistake was misspelling "writing":p ....

19. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I would like to make the request that soemone make a new, clean, fresh sticky thread where the first post containing the list is continually updated.

I would rather that than what we have here, where i have to trawl through endless pages and posts trying to find the latest update of the confusing chronalogical timeline...

20. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    But the thing is none of these lists are official. It's ALL speculation. I don't care what anyone says. And until something official comes along...that's the way it is.

21. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    yeah, but someone respected here should be agreed upon to carry this task out. I don't want to wait another 3 years before i have a continuity list
    Even if its slightly wrong, that would be better than nothing...

22. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Far enough. I personally though playing with all the different combinations to see where episodes fit. Gives me an excuse to watch episodes over and over again to get a better sense of where they "fit" in.

I will agree though that The2ndQuest's timeline is damn fine and the only reason I don't wholly accept it as my own is because...well...then there is no reason for me to watch the series over and over again.

I'm weird.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We did play with the theory that the newsreel contents were indicators of chronological order last season (or was it way back in Season 1?) but Pablo confirmed to us here that that was not the case and merely production considerations (using something already rendered versus rendering something new for what is essentially exposition/recap).

And I believe that, since then, the content of several episodes has rendered such an approach impossible on top of all that.

As for posting a list in the opening post, until we get an official episode order, there's still enough room for speculation to make for no one single timeline/episode order being correct- even if, now at least, we agree on much of it (most of the Ziro/Bane/Boba material). However, there's still several storylines that remain chronologically ambiguous in regards to other events which prevents us from achieving a definitive placement for them.

Beyond that, this thread is also the place for alternate viewing concepts- episode orders that ignore webcomics and other secondary sources, episode orders that ignore episode guide statements so that some events (Mandalore trilogy) can be used as a preferable introduction to the series, etc.

Part analysis, part speculation, is the nature of this thread, at least until official lists are released.

And the positive responses to my timeline are appreciated, but I don't want to claim mine is the best, or definitive one- Swashbucklingjedi's timeline, for example, is probably just as valid at this point. :)

24. shamska

shamska Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2010
    Thank you for your replies. This topic is very interesting. I hope that one day lucasfilm will provide a very comprehensive and argumented timeline.

25. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    So, could someone post here the latest version of the timeline?
    And i'll come back and ask for another at the end of season 3...

Thanks.