main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Clone Wars: Darth Maul is Back

Discussion in 'Community' started by RangerFett, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    [image=http://www.lazytechguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/darth-maul.jpeg]

Does this guy look like a charismatic political manipulator to you? :p

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Maul's been back a few times in the SW comics (twice in Star Wars: Tales and once in the "Visionaries" comic) but the difference between that and this was that the comics always ensured he was dead again by the end of the comic, and the stories didn't have any real bearing on anything-one was about Vader fighting a Maul clone (the clone, and everyone who knew about it, was dead by the end), another was Luke having a run-in with a hologram of Maul (yes, I'm listing these in order of stupidity :p) and the third was a non-canonical story about Obi-Wan and Maul having a post-ROTS encounter on Tattooine. Maul was dead by the end of the comic in all of them and they didn't affect the galaxy itself at all.

Haven't watched the episode, or for that matter, any of season four, yet; we'll see if I do, I guess.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Considering Sidious made a lot of effort to keep Anakin alive and incase him in an armoured suit (and he had far worse injuries than Maul had) I'm suprised he didn't just give Maul mechanical legs and then use him again.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Has that Tales Luke story been made canon by some source? I know the clone one was referenced (with good reason, as it has one of the best Vader moments in history) but I don't recall the other.

Actually kinda funny that the one story that definitively isn't canon is the one that most inspired his return in a higher canon source.

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't think the Luke one has been referenced elsewhere, no.

And yes, the Maul clone one has one of the best Vader moments ever. Old Wounds I don't like very much; Maul looks silly with his deer antlers.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, he;s halfway there with his TCW appearance ;)

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I actually don't mind the mechanical legs too much; there's a good laugh to be had when Owen shoots Maul and you get that panel of Maul's huge, clumsy feet toppling through the air :p

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, I mean, how his horns in TCW have grown to be about halfway between a normal Zabrak and the megahorns he had in Visionaries.

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, ok. Well, it's Clone Wars. Pretty sure Obi-Wan's beard does not actually come to a point. :p

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    True, but we have the TCW version of Eeth Koth for stylized contrast.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    There was no particular reason the Sith had to exercise their influence through legitimate channels. I imagine Maul would have been quite effective as a criminal kingpin. Given the reputed corruption of the Republic, they could have accomplished a great deal this way.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    WOW! That episode kicked SERIOUS ass.

:D :eek:

12. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Agreed.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was great, Maul reverted back to how he was in the movie and even sounded the same. I can accept his resurrection is he is done this well, it at least gives him more of an edge and development not possible by his short stint in the film.