main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    IIRC a clone pet R2's dome in the film as if he was a pet. :oops:

I don't mind Anakin or anyone being close to him because he's R2, and it does make sense for Anakin the droid-savvy person being close to his gift from Padme. However, when they treat him as if he's some dog, then it goes too far.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, that really bugged me and I couldn't understand why at the time. But as the series progressed it became increasingly obvious how they were mischaracterizing R2 (until R2 Come Home made it blatant).

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed on R2. And that is just silly that Filoni said that about Han and Chewie. There are plenty of other examples in addition to the one given above (ROTJ at Jabba's palace) that make it clear that they literally understand each other. Way to pay attention, dude.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So can anyone provide a source for the quote where Filoni says the Nightsisters use the Force? Not that it means I'd change my interpretation because of what he said, but that would be a little jarring. I thought he said something along the lines of it being up to the viewer.

5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I cannot provide the quote -- but someone above I think referenced it.

However - I'll be stunned if I imagined it -- I remember watching the commentary when the nightsisters were first introduced and Talzin whipped something up and hearing it - then debating it somewhere on these boards I believe.

And I also remember Filoni referencing that he was told this directly from LFL or GL himself.

Like i said -- if i imagined it it would be weird b/c others seem to remember the same.

6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    These might be the droids you are looking for... havent tried the link yet.

EDIT: Just watched the link -- this is not what I remember seeing / hearing

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Wow, this thread has been an interesting read, that?s all I?ll say on that.

I finally got to see the episode last night.  I?m firmly in the camp that the idea of resurrecting Maul was horrible but I really don?t mind the execution. 
    Don?t get me wrong, the paper thin ?reasoning? of being kept alive by hate is silly but I?ll take that over a detailed explanation that would only be more stomach turning.  He survived, moving on now that it?s established is best.

This episode was an excuse to see Maul back in badass form and fighting with OW.  On that level, I really liked it. 
    -Maul was quite sinister with his terrorist hostage taking and killing.
    -The combat was brutal (poor OW!) and I really liked the crowded, close quarters aspect.
    -I also liked how Maul used his new legs as weapons (martial arts nerd here and it was good to see that Maul, the consummate martial artist force combatant IMO would realize he could use them offensively).
    -The fight dialogue was good? Maul teasing OW about QG, the banter with OW and Ventress was golden and classic SW levity in the midst of intense action.

So, I think the episode was pretty strong where it needed it most.  Other than that, yes, is there any limit to what Mother Talzin can do (sigh)?  I like her, really like the nightsisters, non-Jedi/Sith Force users existing in the galaxy, etc. but now it?s out of control.  Talzin?s magic made the most sense early on when she?d weave spells with preparation, necessary ingredients, etc.  This fit perfectly with the magic theme in a classical sense.  It also limited it, thereby not pre-empting the Force, which it has now pretty much done.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni has teased that in the future we will see Sidious take a more active role as he has to maneuver to stay ahead of things. Given that the Jedi really pose no threat to him and can't really thwart his plans, Talzin/Maul could be that threat. Either that or Dooku would have to seriously fumble, allowing the Republic to almost topple the CIS, in which case Palpatine would be asked to lay down his emergency power, but the good guys almost winning the war doesn't make for much of an exciting season.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I would like to see that, I'm pretty disappointed with how little we've seen Darth Sidious/Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in the last two seasons. All the stuff I was psyched to see Darth Sidious in from the trailers turned out to not really have anything more to it than what was in the trailer.

10. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    For me the Revenge episode made up for the mediocre Brother episode.

So that's it, Darth maul is back and my guess is eventually it wont be an issue with fans any more once we're used to the idea.

On a side note - does anyone know for sure if the next season will be the last?

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    According to interviews with the writers they're already done or almost done with S6.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni has said that as long as people keep watching the show, he'll keep making them. But I think it'll just come down to when Filoni and the actors just get sick of doing it. Voice acting doesn't seem like it's as much of a commitment as acting on a set, and if they're flexible enough, the main voice talent all might be willing to do it for as long they can.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I hardly believe that this is a matter of trust. Do you happen to feel the same when the EU brings back someone with a similiar case (or worse, as it's more often)? I don't see bringing back someone whose death was only mentioned in a reference book (and not on an actual story) as that big of an issue, but whatever.

They have been giving hints that season 6 will be the last.

14. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    I sort of doubt that. Filoni said only two weeks ago that they have created an Oppo Rancisis 3D character model, and that they have not yet written an episode/story arc in which he plays a role, but they are working on that and we can expect him to show up at some point. If S6 is done/almost done, then Rancisis would obviously have to show up in S7 or later.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't recall reading that his story/episode hasn't been written, but they have been giving comments like "six is a good number", "it plays well with the saga", etc...

I don't mind having more seasons (on the contrary, actually), but that's what they've said.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm pretty sure I've heard Filoni says both it'll run as long as people watch it and it'll run six seasons in the past before. Actually I know I've nothing to back it up but I'm willing to bet season 6 is when the show comes up for renewel and any development onward will depend on if Cartoon Network orders more seasons, which I think there is a 75% chance they will. I say 75% because Cartoon Network has made some stupid descisions in the past regaurding programs. Infact whoever is in charge of scheduling now on the network really needs to be moved to another department.

As far as voice actors go, voice actors have commonly stayed with animated shows that ran 10+ seasons in the past. Replacing a voice actor for a major character is one of those things that really does tend to cause shark jumps. Some characters TCW could write out or kill off. But could you imagine if DBB or JAT or Nika Futterman quit and were replaced?

There are others that could be easily replaced. For example fan favorite Hondo is voice by Jim Cummings. If Jim Cummings is not able to do Hondo they could look into hiring Peter Cullen who provided a perfect copy of Jim's Pi-Rat's voice on Rescue Rangers.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I've only heard that Lucas wanted at least 100 episodes (about 5 seasons), which I'm guessing was what he was hoping to have regardless of how well the show did. But I don't see why the can't keep going. Given how little they focus on any one story, two seasons sounds kind of rushed for them to wrap everything up in.

If they continue on with the same pattern of only having one episode/arc dedicated to Death Watch, or one arc dedicated to the Nightsisters (or Talzin), etc., then that's like 6 more Nightsister/Talzin episodes by the series finale, unless they repeat the pattern of 4 episode arcs (or even venture into 5 episode arcs). Plus there are things like Order 66, Ahsoka facing some big challenge, and Sidious taking a more active role which have all been teased. As well as the possibility of visiting Korriban (which Filoni could be hinting at through his playful dodging of questions related to it).

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    How about focusing on the war.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, but why not plan accordingly? He could have played his cards better, regardless. We could have witnessed Darth Vader like scheming if they only held back his vicious side a little. I guess that's why he fell the way he did the first time, because he lacks the intellect that makes him anything like that of Vader.

Well, I hope we get to see this intelligence that they said Darth Maul has in the next season. Oh, and replace the Grievous legs with a normal looking pair. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they thought of doing that. He looks dumb with them.

20. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    What war? :p

21. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Back and forth buddy, back and forth. Don't you think somebody has already made your assertion? You aren't going to convince otherwise.
    No argument.
    And picking on my use of emphasis on a word isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Assuming that I am trying to make my STATEMENT (not opinion) as an opinion above all else is very insulting.

With this current episode being so terrible, this show barely providing quality stories, the creators being ignorant, and the lack of Season 5 preview to which I would base my lasting judgement on the show of........I quit.
    I have no reason to be a sad and pitiful fan anymore. It's clear that a 2000-2009 fan like me has been given the OT-fan treatment like when the PT came out. Hasbro's promotion of the show has also undergone a terrible blunder.
    Star Wars has weakened to the extent where I can't care anymore. I can only miss what SW once was back when the Genndy series and Dark Horse comics were dominating. It seemed like a real fascinating lore at the time.
    I will always be major Fistofan and my opinion on the character will remain that he is the best Jedi ever invented.
    I will not be returning on these forums but I will remember what great discussions I have had on here. These forums really kept me buisy and I have you all to thank for that. :D

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Was there anything you liked in this episode? Sure, i agree that bringing Maul back was retarded (we already had savage), including his lame excuse for surviving, however just because that was crap, didn't mean i couldn't enjoy the other elements of this episode. In which i did.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Assuming? It's no assumption. It was exactly what you did. I'm the one who finds it insulting that you consider your opinion a "FACT" and others don't have any say on the matter (or their arguments are irrelevant, no matter how valid they are) because "No opinion here. No argument here. The opinion aspect is whether you accept the story regardless of how bad it is.". No need for arrogance around here.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How is this supposed to work?

. . .

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm sure Lucas cares about Oppo.