main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Lucas didn't retcon previous Wookiee Jedi out of existence, he just deemed that there weren't to be any more. And given Filoni's unique access to Lucas as a resource, I don't know if the floodgates are opened for more Wookiee Jedi or if the EU is still restricted.

Though we're talking about a guy that four years ago was insisting that there definitely would not be a sequel trilogy since the story was concluded and there was nothing else to tell0, and that he left instructions that there were not to be any more films. Now he's saying the exact opposite. That the ST and not the OT will serve as the conclusion (don't know what's left to conclude unless the Sith come back or the Force is still unbalanced, the Empire gets a new heir to take Palpatine's place, etc.) He's also said that he's fine with there being movies after he's out of the picture... So I wouldn't put it past him to just have completely changed his mind when it comes to Wookiee Jedi too.

DM99 likes this.
  2. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Lucas would be a good politician! I want to see him as the next republican candidate for presidenzy.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He is a total Romney! [face_laugh]

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Lucas is a liberal, I'm not sure if you've caught that. Anyhow, this discussion should be moved towards the Social Thread...

5. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    lucas is a monarchy fan.

Paparazzo likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    That doesn't mean he couldn't be liberal.

On topic and the episode itself, the shot of the Jedi cruiser approaching Ilum was gorgeous.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    A lot of the visuals were on point.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It was particularly gorgeous. Ilum looked a bit like Jupiter's icy moon Europa IRL. The show has come a great ways in planetary shots. They all look breath taking.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Coming late to this party as the episode just aired here in the UK. I enjoyed this one a lot - my favorite so far of the current series.

Watto likes this.
  10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This was the first episode to air in the US post-Disney announcement. It was kind of a double whammy with the news of Episode 7, and then this episode seemed like such a refreshing return to the mythological roots of Star Wars. Left me feeling so hopeful for the future of Star Wars...

And then Disney canceled Clone Wars just a few months later without giving it a proper ending. :(

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here but it seems like this ice temple of Illum has some symbols of Mortis and not matching jedi symbols, so this Illum is probaly ancient.