main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that's what I mean we might get a precise timeframe between Coruscant and Order 66

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    It's been confirmed several times that ROTS takes place over about two weeks.

Ghost likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Rots takes place over a month.

4. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Took 'em 15 damn years to confirm that, sheesh! What was the hold up?

Padme still doesn't look rather pregnant when she first meets Anakin, though.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The clothes obviously covered alot. The original Visual Dictionary mentioned that the clothing hid her pregnancy but she was somewhat distracted during meetings or just not greatly focused and is picked up by certain senators, likely also by those who are mothers themselves and went through similar things.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Wonder how Maul will be handled in Siege of Mandalore. Obviously they won't show him dying, but will it be ambiguous (like him falling into a pit) or will it just be an out and out obvious escape (flying away in his ship)?

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Regarding the secret:

I appreciate that "Skywalker" probably isn't an uncommon name, and could indeed be to the Outer Rim as "Snow" is to ASoIAF's North . . . but I don't really understand why we don't have "Luke Lars" (or even "Luke [No Last Name]") in canon when the guy never refers to himself as "Luke Skywalker" until after he's found out the full* half truth of his heritage

It seems like a fairly simple addition that makes sense and doesn't contradict anything on screen.

LATE EDIT: I meant after he's found out he's the son of famed Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, rather than some lame spice navigator. Obviously this makes no sense at all if we're talking the FULL truth of his heritage. Thanks Xander who pointed this out, below.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Kenobi will probably explain this.

Ben: I told you to call him Luke Lars!
    Owen: Get out of here before I call the Empire on you!

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  10. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    Er yes he does.

"I'm Luke Skywalker I'm here to rescue you"?

Several other references in ANH too. Red Leader calls him Skywalker as he's talking to Biggs.

11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    lol his heritage as SON OF JEDI KNIGHT ANAKIN SKYWALKER

My bad, shouldn't have written "full truth".

Revanfan1 and Xander Vos like this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That's what he's talking about, that it's only after the conversation in Obi-wan's hut and the deaths of Owen and Beru.

13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes, but in Xander's defence I wrote "the full truth of his heritage", without really thinking my phrasing through, which presumably led him to believe I was talking about the Darth Vader drop. Hence my response and later edit to the post to clarify.

Xander Vos likes this.
  14. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    Full truth suggested ep v.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think in the Ahsoka novel, it says when she engages Maul in a duel Order 66 is called. Ahsoka had to decide to whether to save Rex or continue fighting Maul. She saved Rex and Maul escaped

Xander Vos and sidv88 like this.
  16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Star Wars' first entrance to the world, a much unnoticed novel in 1976 (although Star Wars Republic and Legacy writer John Ostrander told us on here he read it at the time), was titled, "Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker".

I don't think "Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Lars" has quite the same resonance.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This is relevant why?

18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    The point I was driving at was that, even in the above scenario, Luke still takes his father's name before all his adventures, so the novel's title would remain unchanged.

In short, your joke was bad and you should feel bad. Do not pass GO. Do not collect 200 of your local currency. [face_shame_on_you]

JediFett10 likes this.
  20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    We already have all these stories in animation. This is why I'm not so invested with Disney Star Wars as opposed to Marvel. This is the area where they need to concentrate more. They need to get everything they can out and expand on what was not covered in the series. That is why now, I am not really excited for the clone war episodes that ar coming out in Disney plus because at the end it. Its only about Ashoka and what Filoni likes which is that bad batch squadron. You know, Disney Marvel makes mistakes . They fired Gunn but eventually brought him back and Spiderman was out, but he managed to come back. Marvel cinematic universe is not only complete but with the added new shows on Disney plus they are going to be the franchise.

21. elsaberdeltodo

elsaberdeltodo Jedi Padawan

Oct 3, 2019
    It’s not just about Ahsoka, the inclusion of the fully animated and finished Bad Batch arc is about Rex. And, the Siege of Mandalore is and arc about Ahsoka and Rex, too. So, the way I see it, these arcs as centered on and a conclusion of Ahsoka and Rex, because they are the two main characters of this series, through and through. You know, if you really want Disney to concentrate on more unseen Clone Wars stories not covered, which they could do as repurposed 90-minute animated Star Wars movies like maybe the Cad Bane/Boba Fett arc could be, you should probably support these episodes, watch them, say how good they are and not act so glum. Sometimes, I feel, even though fans like you say you’re grateful you have more Clone Wars, deep inside you’re really not. So, please stop acting mopey and support these episodes of The Clone Wars if you really want more material, otherwise, if you can’t put your money where your mouth is and don’t really mean it, don’t ask for any more unseen Clone Wars anymore. Filoni and his folks worked hard to stay as true to these final episodes as possible (replacement of Nyx Okami aside, which isn’t a big deal since he was a creation of Filoni, not Lucas, hence why it’s his right to replace him and not do an Ahsoka/Lux redux amid The Force Awakens being criticized as a remake of A New Hope), and all you do is just make him feel like he shouldn’t do anymore, when you should be happy he made them, because all he wants to do is make Star Wars material that everybody loves. You don’t run Lucasfilm and you’re not in charge of deciding what the right thing is. So, like I said, put up or hush up.
    @vong333

Ulicus likes this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I wonder if Ahsoka and Lux ever reunited a few times over the years. Or is my shipper eyes hoping for too much?

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    First of all buddy you don't tell me to shut up. Not happening you are no Mod your just a newbie one hit wonder. No, I don't run Lucasfilm and there was no need for the personal attack unless your one of the those Russian bots trying to stir the pot which it aint happening. Putting my mouth where my money is you say? Well, I have, I have bought a lot of star wars products over a 40 year period and have earned my right to voice my opinion like everyone else. Do I work or own Lucasfilm? Nope, I don't and I know that they do wonderful work. elsa- I never criticized Filoni and I know that he does good work, though, I do feel he really didn't want to do more, but that is besides the point.

Why am I not as enthusiastic about the new stuff as I should be? I'd like to see some of those unproduced arcs come out either in comic book or novel. Whats wrong with that? We got Son of Dathormir comic book arc and that was good. The Assaj Ventress novel was also very good. Those two works covered 12 episodes and the Crystal Trap 4 episode animatic arc was also good. So why not. Right now, only this series is canon.

Ulicus likes this.
  24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    *scribbles furiously into the copypasta notebook*

25. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    As a Legends fan, I'd hope there's nothing too jarring in TCW Season 7 that prevents it from fitting into Legends too. Legends as a universe needs closure on Maul, and this season might be able to provide that. It at least needs to show why no one in ROTS is concerned about him.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019