main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    From their point of view they aren't messing it up. They just want to keep people using the service. They put up two episodes last Friday, If they do that this week we will only be 1 episode behind.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And in doing so they're killing the buzz for their own product.

I dislike some of the stuff Picard did, but their release strategy was smart - UK got the weekly no more than 24 hours later, that works. 7 days later when the conversation has already moved on doesn't.

It also undermines the positive perception - for a global brand like SW, global release is what you go for, not this staggered rubbish which deters me from even considering trying it out.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If UK users wait a month and a half and then we'll all be on the same daily timetable across the globe for future content, weekly drops is how Disney+ rolls, although the weird way they're releasing it now with stuff done and published is odd.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Will we? I think you over-rate their chances.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I can understand in a business sort of way why they're maintaining the weekly drops for the next month or so to keep people subscribed but universally the new episodes dropped across the world at the same time, 3 AM EST (which is 12 AM PST the "home base" drop timezone) which would be about 6 hours ahead in the UK I think, but even not North America (Australia I believe) they got the new episodes at the same time. So, yah, it's gonna be weird for a month and a half but then it'll be on the same weekly sked for all subs across the globe whenever new content hits.... which may be a while since so much stuff has been delayed right now.

But, theoretically, come October, we can all be watching Mandalorian at the same time, basically. Sometimes to be honest about D+ something will drop online on the web version or mobile version and then about 20 minutes later it'll land on the PS4 app, etc. etc. But they're all there within an hour of launch time.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    You mean @cookeycat ? @cookeycat , Clone Wars Season 7 on Disney Plus has pykes in it! Don't know if you have Disney Plus or can watch it, but we'll be discussing them here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Ghost, cookeycat and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Speaking of, part of me was thinking throughout this episode, especially when they approached the mine side of Kessel, huh, I wonder if they'll toss a SOLO style Pyke in here for fun. Because it seems like they'd be hella easy to model and you could have both designs onscreen together and be all, "Look, just a subspecies, don't worry about it!" But oh well.

BigAl6ft6 and Ghost like this.
  8. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    Thanks for the tag! It is always nice to see that people care.
    I live in Russia, but yes, I know about the Pykes in the season 7; and it is possible to watch TCW here.
    Already saw all the episodes with the Pykes. My heart is full of joy.

They made new teeth for Marg. Similar to the teeth that Quay has in the concept art. That's interesting.

[​IMG]

HEDGESMFG, Ghost, sidv88 and 3 others like this.
  9. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I really don't think there's that much of an inconsistency anyway. Quay Tolsite and the other Solo Pykes are clearly all wearing masks and helmets, maybe to breathe more easily in Kessel's atmosphere.

[​IMG]

There could easily be a normal TCW Pyke under there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Crazy thought I had, is Marg Krim the first Pyke we've met who doesn't wear a significant amount of headgear? (Aside from that headdress on his forehead).
    Most Pykes where something vaguely similar to Quay Tolsite, the metal casing on the side of the head framing their face at least.

11. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    It feels like a push to me given the proportions, but I've been okay with it being a "different mediums" thing -- just thought it might be neat to sneak one of the Tolsite-types into TCW while they could.

Although, I honestly don't recall the answer to this, but I thought that the various guards etc. that I assumed to be Pykes when watching Solo, were later said to not be in some source like the Solo Visual Guide -- does anyone know offhand?

12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Not sure about that.

But as far as Quay is concerned there are only two real bits that distinguish him from TCW Pykes to my eye.
    First and most glaringly are his hands, which looking slightly mechanical to me so there is a potential justification built in there.
    Second is his build, which is obscured by his robe. In TCW for cost reasons most Pykes where pants and a shirt which reveal a very slim build, Quay is wearing a loose robe that makes him look significantly broader, but does not necessarily mean he is as large as the outfit makes him look. (Or maybe this is just and Orn Free Taa situation where he is just unusually chubby by Pyke standards).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    just saw ep 7
    We waited 6 years for this? The Ahsoka Tano show (it has nothing to do with the Clone Wars anymore)? Ahsoka in the underworld?

I like the Pykes but they're the new stereotypical villains like the Hutts were. We could have used even one good Pyke. I don't think we've seen any.

Ahsoka hanging out in the underworld makes no sense and would work better as a dark times Empire story. Then she'd have an excuse why she can't do legal work as a former Jedi. Here it's just baffling. And we all thought making the sole hispanic lead in the ST, Poe, a spice runner was bad, now we have Ahsoka running around with hispanic looking women with hispanic names (Martez) smuggling drugs. [face_sigh]

They should have just animated the Son of Dathomir arc instead of wasting 4 episodes out of a 12 episode season (a full third of the season) on this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    S7 E7 was especially bad as it didn't advance the story. The action was vapid and all our heroes being bullet proof and the sisters continued ignorance to Ahsoka's constant use of the Force felt silly. I don't know why we got more backstory on them, but I guess we're meant to feel sorry for the sisters. The only thing that got me excited were the characters that were shown that will be seeing again in the next and final arc. One more episode supposedly in this arc thankfully. I can't wait to move on to something more interesting.

darthzac14 and sidv88 like this.
  15. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Seems like this arc actual purpose is to make Ahsoka run into Bo-Katan so Ahsoka could take part in Siege of Mandalore lol.

16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This arc wasn't needed for that. Like literally all is needed is for Ahsoka to run into Bo-Katan and Bo-Katan says "I need help", and Ahsoka says "I just left the Order, I need work", and that's it.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The intention seems to be to explore how the Clone Wars has led to the Republic, and even the Jedi, neglecting the needs of the common citizens of the Republic.

18. Pius Dea Crusader

Pius Dea Crusader Jedi Master

Nov 26, 2013
    yeah, and showing the way Ahsoka is learning the kind of things that were invisible for the Jedi, leading to her personality in Rebels

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    DarthTalgus and Ghost like this.
  19. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    While I absolutely agree that the episode was a big loop back around to its own beginning... I liked everything that happened in between, and honestly "episodes that don't advance the arc" was a TCW staple, so it felt totally normal.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought it was neat to see the Mandalorians pop up actually seems like a good way to go into the Siege of Mandalore storyline for the finale so it's interesting to see another arc peek it's head into the preceding arc which almost never happens on Clone Wars as the arcs are usually self contained.

This whole arc definitely reminds me of the Ahsoka novel though with the mechanic sisters and Ahsoka hiding her Jedi nature and helping out with bad guys, I guess when they made the novel they told the author what they had in mind in general terms so they went with it. Just a coincidence that in universe Ahsoka has some remarkably similar situations happen to her about a year apart or so.

Ventrix likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The funny thing is, this arc doesn't even chronologically happen right before SoM. There's still the 2 Dark Disciple arcs, Son of Dathomir, and Bad Batch at least. If you assume the other unfinished arcs are still canon, that list grows even longer.

I do appreciate the continuity though, as you say, the arcs are usually self-contained.

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I disagree with this. You're assuming this takes place directly after The Wrong Jedi. I think some time has passed since then. This will lead directly into the Siege of Mandalore. Ahsoka will be told by the Mandalorians about Maul, and then she's going to go straight to the Temple and run into Anakin and Obi-Wan on their way to rescue Palpatine from Grievous.

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    1) It's been confirmed that the Bad Batch arc is between this and Siege of Mandalore.

2) How can Anakin and Obi-Wan be at the Temple right before Siege of Mandalore if, at the start of Revenge of the Sith, they have been called in to Coruscant from the Outer Rim Sieges (which we see in the Bad Batch arc)?

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This can't lead directly into Siege of Mandalore, Anakin mentions how he hasn't seen Padme in a while because of the Outer Rim Sieges which places the Bad Batch arc between the current arc and Siege of Mandalore. Dark Disciple also has Anakin on Coruscant and shows us the implied death of Marg Krim so Dark Disciple must happen after the current Ahsoka Underworld arc as well as SOD since it's set during the two halfs of DD.

So the timeline should be Ahsoka Underworld > Dark Disciple Part 1 > Son of Dathomir > Dark Disciple Part 2 > Bad Batch > Siege of Mandalore

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Not to mention the unreleased arcs that arc considered to have happened. The Kashyyyk arc happens after the Bad Batch arc for example, since the Bad Batch are in it and Echo is with them.

darkspine10 likes this.