main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I hope the Siege of Mandalore gives some sort of reason as to why Maul isn't mentioned at all in ROTS (despite the movie being a hunt on who Darth Sidious is and the Jedi are desperate for any leads) and why General Anakin Skywalker isn't good enough to fight Grievous but "a Master, with more experience" is needed (Kenobi, who already failed against Grievous countless times in TCW), yet half-trained ex-padawan Ahsoka Tano is ready to face Sith Lord Darth Maul.

Even more puzzling when Savage and Maul have already killed Adi Gallia prior to this point I believe.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't know enough of this to decide it, but are these the stories that should be done above all else?

If it's a success, they might get more, but if not, the big hanging ones would be lopped off and done, right?

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Half-trained? Seriously? At that point in the game, she's had almost as much experience points as the "Chosen One".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The conflict on Mandalore is an intervention by the Republic, not part of the Clone War. When the Separatists come knocking at The Republic's Capital, the Civil War on Mandalore is suddenly not as important and the Jedi get recalled. Ahsoka is no longer a member of the order, so she stays.
    Palpatine knew the Jedi wouldn't send Anakin to Utapau, which is exactly why Palpatine recommended Anakin. It's another ploy to subvert Anakin's faith in the Jedi Council and gain his favor.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    ^^THIS =D=

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I do wonder will this end where revenge of the sith begains or will we see order 66 in clone wars

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I highly doubt they'd show an animated version of Order 66; however much I'd love to see it from Ahsoka's perspective.

8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    "Your skills have never been in question. It's your maturity," Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Wars microseries.

The moment Ahsoka broke out of prison and made things worse for herself and refused to go back willingly, she showed how far she still needed to go. Just because she was innocent of the bombing (which Anakin said she was and that he believed her) didn't excuse all the other things she did afterwards.

It's the equivalent of not stopping and following police instructions even when you know they have the wrong person. You prove yourself right by clearing your name through the proper way and letting your lawyer (Anakin in Ahsoka's case) do the heavy lifting for you.
    It's like if Palpatine outright told a Jedi not to open an explosive package and the Jedi opened it anyway just because Palpatine told them not to and got killed. The Jedi should not be susceptible to such simple reverse psychology tricks honestly.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    and yet, in the end, The Council agrees that her experience proves she's worthy of being a Jedi Knight. They could have just welcomed her back as a Padawan to cover their collective rears, but they go out of their way to apologize and offer her a chance at a promotion, if not one outright.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been over this countless times before. Anakin didn't have anything to prove her innocence at the time; it didn't matter that he was the only one who believed her. If she didn't go out on her own and get Barriss involved, how would they have connected the dots? Bariss was very good at covering her tracks. And considering Palpatine himself was the judge (incentive to bring Anakin even farther away from respecting the Jedi), in what galaxy would he keep his court fair and honest?

11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Watch the episode again, no one says she is going to be knighted. Mace just says "this was your great trial". He didn't equate it with the formal Jedi trials.

Anakin outright handed her padawan braid to her; why would she need it if she's going to be promoted? They were going to let her back in as a padawan.
    When Ahsoka was first unjustly charged, she was only charged with the murder of Letta Thurmond. Not the bombing or the other stuff. It was the moment she stole a key card she assumed was from Anakin (which was a huge leap in logic) and broke out of prison was when she was pinned for the other stuff.

If she followed the rules exactly, Ahsoka would at most have been pinned with Thurmond's death. It seems unlikely the Republic would have voted for the death penalty for that. Even if they gave her life in prison, there is plenty of time for Anakin to continually research to prove her innocence.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And as soon as Windu says that, Ahsoka promptly folds her arms. She knows it's all a farce.

13. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    It is literally a plot point in II and III that comes up in dialogue multiple times. "The dark side clouds everything." "Our ability to use the Force has diminished." "The dark side surrounds the chancellor." "Wait a minute! How did this happen, we're smarter than this!"

Daneira and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    he might as well have. Ki Adi Mundi precedes his words by saying that the strength and resilience she demonstrated are signs of a true jedi knight. My point earlier being that the Jedi condoned her actions, even praised them. Maturity had nothing to do with her actions. She was facing death, and nobody gave her any hope, so she pursued it herself. In the end, she ran away and bought herself time for Anakin to prove her innocence.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Regardless, nothing in the episode indicates the Jedi are going to knight her. If they were, the whole 'giving Ahsoka back her padawan braid' scene is nonsensical.

Which proves my point that even by Jedi rules she's still a padawan and it makes no sense she be assigned to face Maul without a Master backing her up. Now I know Kenobi was a padawan when he defeated Maul last time, but still, this is a Sith Lord we are talking about. This is especially dangerous for Ahsoka as this same Sith Lord killed Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and could easily kill her as well.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    You completely ignored my first post... so i suppose I'll reiterate. Both Master Obi Wan and Anakin were sent to Mandalore. The attack on Coruscant happens, so Obi Wan and Anakin are forced to leave Ahsoka behind. It's not a matter of who gets assigned to the mission. No matter who gets sent, they'll be called back. Ahsoka is already there.

Daneira and Jedi Princess like this.
  17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Ahsoka wasn't facing death for Letta Thurmond. She wouldn't have been executed for the Thurmond thing, that only came when she was pinned for the bombing, and that only happened because she broke out of prison the first time!

If Ahsoka followed the rules exactly and the worst happened, she would have been put in life in prison for Thurmond's death. There's no way they'd execute Ahsoka for killing Thurmond, a clone trooper even said he felt like doing it himself.

In jail, Ahsoka would have all the time in the world for Anakin to prove her innocence.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Unlike Kenobi was the first time he defeated Maul, Ahsoka wouldn't be alone during the Seige on Mandalore; not by a longshot. She'd have not only the backing of Rex and the Clones, but Bo-Katan and Mandalorian freedom fighters on her side.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Exactly. Although, this idea only works if the trap of the Clone Wars worked solely on the level of intellect, the Jedi would have been to reason their way out of it without relying on Force insight, but it didn't. It took advantage of the Jedi morality:
    • That they would not desire to hand the clones over to someone who would feed them into a meat grinder of a battle, so they took the lesser evil of commanding them. (Which the Traviss viewpoint ignores.)
    • That they would abandon the Republic or its citizenry to and aggressive adversary like the CIS.
    Knowing that by committing them to that path, they would be set up for further moral, spiritual and physical damage and death.

The Clone Wars were an ingeniously evil Jedi trap in every respect due to being so multi-dimensional, there was no way out.

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Sorry I missed it in all these posts. Ki-Adi-Mundi said that her struggle was the sign of a true Jedi Knight. So one master thinks she should be knighted.

That's far from a sealed deal for knighting. One master thought Anakin should be knighted in the Clone Wars microseries, Kenobi. There was a whole argument there whether he should be knighted or not before the deal was done. The council needs to be in agreement over a knighting, and there's no sign that the council all was going to knight ahsoka.

Just because Mundi thinks Ahsoka should be knighted (and he just said 'sign of a true Jedi Knight' honestly) doesn't mean a knighting deal is already being signed.

Revanfan1 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Other than, you know, the war going on.

22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh good point. Well if I were Ahsoka would I count on Anakin to resign from the Jedi to help me out? Good question...

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If the fallacy of the predetermined outcome holds sway; who's to say whether or not Ahsoka would've been knighted as a Jedi within the days or weeks after the bombing if she was never framed for it in the first place?

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Ahsoka was 16 years old as of the bombing in 20 BBY. She would have been 17 years old in 19 BBY.

Anakin is knighted at 19 years old, and the youngest Jedi knighted in the EU before him is Kerra Holt at 18 years old.

At the very least, it seems Ahsoka would have had years to go after the bombing before she got knighted, unless the Jedi wanted to set a new "youngest Knight" precedent with her because she was just that good.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    How many Padawans independently led their own clone troops during the war?

Jedi Princess likes this.