main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I've seen arguments that this was done deliberately to show how war in general and Palpatine's influence in particular can erode the moral compass of even genuinely good people, but honestly, I think it's almost certainly the writers not doing enough research.[face_laugh]

Obi-Wan having a hidden ruthless streak is actually pretty consistent when you think about it, though - he does spend the entire OT gaslighting Luke...

Nom von Anor likes this.
  2. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Jedi also keep pretending to surrender, but then, nope, they resume fighting. After repeatedly experiencing or hearing reports of this trick, why should any Separatist commander risk taking prisoners, especially when dealing with Jedi? Just shoot them, and worry about it later.

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I guess the GFFA doesn't have a Geneva Convention equivalent.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Alpha-Red and Dawud786 like this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Must not have banned false surrender

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

my kind of scum likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey, so at the end of TPM during Qui-Gon's funeral, Mace says to Yoda, "There's no doubt the mysterious warrior was a Sith". How would they have known unless they retrieved Maul's body, inspected it and maybe felt the lingering dark side presence? But then how could they have done that only for Maul to be still alive, outfitted with cybernetic spider-legs, and shipped off-world?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's just a remark because they think only a Sith could kill a veteran Jedi Master like Qui-gon in 1:1 lightsaber combat.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I mean, even at the time I just assumed they knew he was a Sith because he killed Quigon. Killing a Jedi Master isn't something just anyone could do.

But if you prefer you can argue they investigated his ship to get the same information.

Slater and Alpha-Red like this.
  9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Considering Maul's "survival" is from his perspective after his first death, I take the story of a drone waste freighter departing Naboo during the midst of a Trade Federation occupation for Lotho Minor with a grain of salt.

HEADCANON territory:
    He was killed, his body retrieved, had a brief examination before Palpatine had it shipped back to Coruscant. The ship was then attacked by pirates hired by Mother Talzin to bring her "son" home. She tried to resurrect him and rebuild his body, only to immediately go insane, kill people with the Force, crawl his way to a ship, engage the hyperdrive in his madness that ended up crashing on Lotho Minor.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  10. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    So in the final arc when Ahsoka meets up with Anakin et al. she's going by the "Fulcrum" codename. So Anakin and Yularen both know that Fulcrum = Ahsoka. Yet years later when she's involved with the Rebellion, she's still using that codename. Isn't that rather...unwise?

Also last I recall, Obi-wan lost to Maul. What made Ahsoka think she could take him on alone?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Obi-Wan and Anakin actually state they believe at first that Fulcrum is Saw Gerrerra, implying it's a frequency used by multiple individuals before Ahsoka took the name as a pseudonym. Thus it wasn't something purely associated with Ahsoka. It's also described as Anakin's personal signal, something only a few people would be aware of. If anyone, nearly 20 years later, heard about Rebel agent 'Fulcrum', they'd need to be in a very small circle to pick up on the familiarity with an old frequency and someone who used it once and was believed to be confirmed as deceased.

Obi-Wan beat or escaped from Maul in every previous combat encounter they shared (TPM, Revenge, Revival, Proxy War), including when he was merely a padawan. Ahsoka was considered by the council to be beyond padawan level already, so feels justified in tackling him one-on-one, something Obi-Wan himself encourages ("I killed Maul once, best to capture him").

Watcherwithin and Alpha-Red like this.
  12. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Posted by someone else a while back, and it's been sitting in my bookmarks:

QuinlanSolo likes this.