main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars - Kevin Kiner

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mastadge, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoopaPapaPalpatine

PoopaPapaPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    I didn't like the score at all but the intro score did grow on me, however.

2. 1cb_

1cb_ Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2003
    I like the score. it is different. I especially enjoy the cut for Landing on Teth

I'm glad I bought it=D=

3. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Do we know if they will be releasing a CD with a season's worth of music? I figured they would, but just wasn't sure

4. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    My favorite track on The Clone Wars soundtrack was Ahsoka

5. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    That's what I have been wondering as well. I hope Lucasfilm does release a Soundtrack for the TV show because I have been really enjoying the music on the show so far.

6. PintoPictures

PintoPictures Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2008
    LOVE THE CD. But was bumd, because the one song I wanted to here the most was not on there. There is a sweet rock rift peace playing when Anakin and Asoka are leaping and climbing up the side of the mountain to retrieve Jabba's son.

7. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    I have not listened much to the score itself. I will say, from watching the movie, as well as the show, I find some things to be interesting about it. The main thing that stuck out at me, "besides the tribal drum feel" that is en vogue right now, was the shifting meters and placing the main title theme in 5. Place this with the whole "Starship Troopers" feel of the new cartoon, and you have a very interesting concept.

8. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I really enjoy watching the commentary on the "Clone Wars" movie DVD, and how Kiner went about tackling the themes of Ahsoka and the different planets. I find the musical notes and themes of the tv show to be the most interesting, honestly.

Here's the hoping they release a soundtrack of the series!

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    So new season of Clone Wars. How's the music?

10. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Not bad.

The action music in episode 2 was pretty effective, and there's a wonderfully over-the-top romance cue at the beginning of episode 4. It's great because it's just Anakin and Padme in love, without all that star-crossed, "right now can't be fun because the audience knows this will end in tragedy" heavy nonsense from the films.

While I do favor the new romance cue over Across the Stars, I still wish Kiner would incorporate the JW themes more. I know I say this all the time, but the main theme has been woefully underutilized in the last decade. Contrary to what Lucas and Williams have said, it's MORE than just Luke's personal theme. It's the main title for both the films and the show, and it works wonders as an action cue (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon bursting through the smoke at the start of TPM is a fantastic moment, due in no small part to Williams's use of that theme).

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    ....Does JKH actually like teh clone wars? Wonders never cease. :p

I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the music for season 2, but you're dead on about the romantic piece for Anakin and Padme at the start of Episode 4. Also, they're getting better at making Padme look like Natalie Portman and less like Sarah Michelle Gellar. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.