main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I could see them doing a sort of epilogue episode.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Maul with a double bladed red lightsaber, Tano with 2 blue lightsabers.

3. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Okay, the scene featuring Anakin and Padme is troubling to me. When did this holographic encounter happen? Before the events of "Revenge of the Sith"? Or during it. If I must be honest, I would regard either answer to be something of a head scratcher.

4. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Only time period that makes sense is between the ROTS scene where Padme drops the news and that evening with the nightmare/vision.

Maybe he snuck out of the post-BoC debriefing to contact her in the Senate offices and make arrangements for their shindig that night?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It takes place before Revenge of the Sith. Anakin has been at war for a long period of time and after the Battle of Coruscant is the first time they see each other in an unspecified time. Also, Anakin is thick headed so I doubt he would presume Padme is pregnant over a hologram. I hear hologams add ten pounds to your figure. ;)

I expect that scene to be directly before the Siege of Mandalore and subsequently the Battle of Coruscant begins.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've also seen folks saying Anakin is just General Oblivious.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Padme has her Mustafar clothing so it seems it either happens just before or during ROTS.

KamenSentaiMetalHero and Merric like this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be funny if somehow someway someone else points out "Senator Amidala looks pregnant" and Anakin is all like "Nah." til he finds out in ROTS.

9. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    We already know that the siege of Mandalore is going to coincide with Revenge of the Sith so the scene with Padme is definitely happening during the movie.
    That would actually be hilarious lol

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The series is called Clone Wars, is it not?

11. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    starwars.com and lucasfilm.com believe it's The Clone Wars with a capital T.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    “The” Wars!

KamenSentaiMetalHero likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, if you don't add the "The" then people might think you're referring to the micro-series.

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    There are many Clone Questions I hope get answered.
    The big one is how Rex ends up retired with Gregor and Wolf of all people.

Right now I can see a theoretical sub plot of Rex unraveling the mysteries. Maul torturing Jessie (I think) reminded me of the whole Bio-Chip conspiracy. Maybe that results in him looking deeper into it.
    I would love a scene with him talking to the other Clone Commanders: Neyo, Bacara, Bly, Gree etc. trying to get them to ask more questions, but only Wolf seems receptive. Maybe Gregor is present on behalf of Cody who is busy on Utapau.

Just speculation, and they probably won't have time to go into depth with it, but it would certainly explain a lot.

I also hope Appo shows up. Rex is helping Ahsoka on Mandalore, but was that only supposed to be a temporary basis? Where does Appo's promotion to Commander come in?
    And why in the blazes is Rex a Captain while leading the 501st! :p
    We know the OOU reason, but I would like an in universe explanation why when the Captain who leads the 501st steps aside to lead a new battalion Appo becomes a Commander.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Gregor is the easiest to explain because last we saw him he was in a last stand on Abafar and he already has some brain damage. Gregor may have still been wondering trying to get home and never got the message. He might have simply found Rex and Wolffe later on then the removed the chip to take precautions. It would be interesting to get a scene talking about it. It would also be interesting to see how Rex would have secretly removed it. I think ultimately by the time he understands the mystery (I think be believe Fives but didn't fully understand him) it may simply be late to alert anyone else and only whoever happened to be around was who he told and that happened to be Wolffe.

There is a clone who seems to have a visor like we often see on a captain or commander's helmet. I've been joking calling him Eyebrows because of how funny the Ahsoka eyebrows look painted on it. It doesn't really make sense to have another clone captain or commander around so I think somehow he's Jesse instead of Jesse being in ARC Trooper armor.

CoolyFett likes this.
  16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I also just can't see Rex not trying to warn Cody. They work together the most in the series, and aside from the movie sealing his fait and Wolf being a Filoni favorite it's just an odd group in general narratively speaking.
    Which is why I speculated that by the time he figures everything out the battle of Utapau had already started, Rex tries to reach Cody but Gregor responds instead. It's just the best explanation I can come up with, since Gregor supposedly served with the 212th before going missing that's probably where he would end up if he got back to the Republic.

Mostly Handless and Darkslayer like this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's not just a case of Wolffe being Filoni's Wolfpack, it also comes down to who isn't doomed by canon. Rex may indeed try to warn Cody. In Rebels when Rex says "Ezra, No one would like to believe General Kenobi's alive more than I do..." there is a very clear tinge of sadness and powerless regret. I can't help thinking, he is thinking about who would have been in charge of killing him and who he couldn't help.

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    And I agree. I alluded to it in the previous comment, Cody's fait was sealed by the films. That is an OOU reason.
    Wolf is part of Filoni's Wolfpack, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that was a significant reason as to why he was brought back, and not say Fox or some other clone trooper Rex has worked with. That too is an OOU reason.

The question rattling around in my head is what the IU reason is. I like your recollection that Rex was very emotional concerning Obi-Wan's supposed fait, and that feeds my theory as to why he wasn't informed. I connected Cody's ignorance about protocol 66 to Gregor's presence in Rex's party because they are both from the same battalion. Maybe Gregor promised Rex that he would pass along the message? That would create emotional drama, and feed Rex's feeling of guilt. He can't blame Gregor, but wonders if there is something he could have done to change what had happened.

It's only theorizing, but from an IU narrative perspective I think it would be the strongest story to tell.:)

19. Hiccaries

Hiccaries Jedi Padawan

Sep 19, 2018
    I really don't want to watch this new season. I have a fear that those Jedi Younglings from season 5 are going to show up again just be violently killed off since Lucasfilm is SUPER adamant about no Jedi younglings surviving and Filoni can extend his lifespan with the tears of his audience.

20. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    I actually wondered if one of them (likely Katooni) would make a surprise appearance having found a way to sneak onboard the Mandalore mission and would have to be saved from Order 66 by Ahsoka and Rex. It would actually address one of the storytelling challenges this arc has now - we know that Ahsoka and Rex both survived so there's a lack of tension. Keeping one of the younglings alive would actually give them something to fight for (besides saving their own skins) that has the possibility of failure.

BTW, when did LF make such a stance about NO Jedi younglings surviving? Why single them out when Ahsoka, Ezra, Caleb, that Fallen Order guy and Baby Yoda are all known survivors?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    @Hiccaries I predicted something like that when season 5 aired. I feel sad for all of them except Petro, j/k.

@ConservativeJedi321 in my opinion, Rex joining the rebellion can be interpreted as something of a redemption arc. After all, he told Cut he was staying in the army because he really did believe he was part of a pivotal moment in the history of the Republic where if the war was lost everyone's children would be living under an evil he can't well image. Indeed, through the Krell arc and seemingly by the Bad Batch arc he's no longer able to understand what he and all his brothers are really dying for but he wouldn't exist without the war. Then Order 66 happens, the Empire replaces the Republic. This is why its good we had the Jedi Younglings and why the little cameo of Caleb Dume is cool. These are the children who will either be killed by or live under an evil he couldn't imagine. One of those he is destined to personally meet. It doesn't matter if no one was meant to win the war. That's still a failure and Rex is all about subverting what he was created for in one way or the other.

I'm not sure how Rex will go about trying to reach out to other clones. Its also possible after seeing what happened to Fives he'll be too scared to act much as I don't want to admit that. He may not even actually understand how activation of the chip will endanger the Jedi. Rex is easily the mode free-thinking clone but he's just not as smart as Fives was IMO. I still think narratively the different battalions of clones will just be to scatter and to preoccupied for him to tell any more than a few of them at best. I think if he told Cody, he probably didn't believe him and it's only because their such good friends with few of those left toward the end Cody wouldn't turn Rex in. Rex in his right mind wouldn't bother to tell Fox. He really hasn't been shown to interact with anyone else much. Bly was alway back in season 1. I'm kind of hoping Bad Batch will be tweaked to feel more like a final part of Rex's character arc within TCW.

If Gregor intercepts a final warning I don't think he'll be all there well enough to help.

22. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    No, it snot.

This is Clone Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)

This is The Clone Wars.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(2008_TV_series)

And, just as one can be both Dark Lord of the Sith AND the Emperor of the GFFA, the Kaiser of the Germany AND King of Prussia, Emperor of Austria AND King of Hungary, Emperor of France AND King of Italy, and King of the UK AND Emperor of India, I now assume the Throne of Uber Star Wars Geek AND Star Wars Pedant Prime. Any pretenders?

Anyway, IGN Dude should have known this.

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It seems Kanan, has cameo in this finale. Its a lot of point A to point B & point a to point b happening in these 12 episodes. I am curious what will take priority. Will they focus more on connecting to Episode 3 or focus more in putting all characters in place for Rebels? Its a lot of directions they can go to get where we know.

24. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    I hope the priority will be on making TCW itself an emotionally complete and satisfying arc, rather than "connecting to stuff."

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    You will be disappointed.