main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I just checked A Distant Echo and The Lost Ones. The later is just HD.

Jesta' and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Fun fact: Disney+ made a typo for the title of that Sifo-Dyas episode.

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What's the typo? And which episode? The Lost Ones? Sacrifice?

****Edit - It's "The Lost One" - singular. Disney+ has it as "The Lost Ones" - plural. Good catch!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    The crossfades during the newsreel rather than just skipping between scenes relevant to the narration was an interesting choice

cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not sure how I feel about the crossfades and screen wipes in the newsreels myself. They seem more amateurish to me.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hah, crossfades! That was the difference that was bugging me, I knew it was something. I think they're just trying to cram in more Previously On footage into the newsreel segments as opposed to the 3 or 5 shots that S1-6 newsreeels do

Jesta', Vinylshadow and cwustudent like this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I've been waiting for someone to mention that. First thing I noticed.
    Yeah. Maybe they had more visual information than audio information, and had to compromise that with fades.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and Vinylshadow like this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I saw the crossfades as an artistic choice. Definitely a different visual style and method of conveying the story via a kind of patchwork style of editing. Like you guys said, you can pack more shots and information with this style and to me it’s just interesting and novel to see a different cinematic style used.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now time for the arc thatI’ll probably just binge watch at the end of the 4 weeks

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That Mace Windu ultimatum speech to the droids was the best dialogue in this season so far. Both funny and appropriate for his character (and the Jedi philosophy). That episode was a step up.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Before all the other droids open fire, I would've liked to see one droid swayed by Windu's speech. :p

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ha! Drops his blaster and walks out the door.

Billy_Dee_Binks and Darkslayer like this.
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
  15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, somehow (and I think it might've happened because TCW leant them some occasional pathos over the years) recent stories, canonical and not, have had B1s make the switch to helpful, sympathetic characters -- it happened in Resistance, clearly influenced by the non-canon Freemaker Adventure character ROGR (who is, in fact, canon in some way), and sort of in Rebels too. Meanwhile both The Mandalorian and, kinds, that same Resistance episode have had the B2's be either scary or brutish. There seems to be a vibe that B1s were really basically "okay" and easily swayed to the good side, so it would actually have fit if there were one dissenter there!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Continuing the Dark Disciple timeline placement discussion that derailed the 7.05 thread:

@Jesta' You're right, Wookieepedia doesn't say Marg Krim is dead, and upon rereading Dark Disciple I concede that may not be the case. That said, we see a screenshot of him and Fife in the Ahsoka Underworld arc, which suggest he's still in control as of that story.

Now here's what happens in Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir:

-In the novel, according to Fife, Marg Krim's leadership is extremely tenuous. He's being challenged both in the Syndicate and by Black Sun.
    -Krim is unable to prevent Black Sun from abducting his wife and children. He states that his men are no longer loyal to him, hence him having to hire Vos and Ventress for the rescue mission.
    -After said family is returned, Black Sun returns with a fleet to "finish the job."
    -According to Vos's assessment of the situation, Krim's family at the very least will be executed and he will have to fight for his life.
    -In Son of Dathomir, Krim is nowhere to be seen. Instead, Fife serves as the Pyke representative, suggesting that Krim, dead or not, is no longer in the picture.

Yeah, nothing's been explicitly stated. But given the strong evidence in the later two arcs we can see a clear throughline of him falling from power and being replaced by his second in command. Because of this, I have every reason to think the chronology from starwars.com is still accurate.

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Outside Krim, the biggest question on the point of continuity in Dark Disciples is Anakin and Obi-Wan's role in the book.
    Granted, they are more side characters in what is primarily a Quinlen and Ventress story, but their role is not insignificant.
    Really I'm not crazy about how the novel shows Anakin attending council meetings that are completely unrelated to him, and that makes slotting this significantly more difficult as it means he has to be on Coruscant for those events. Then there is his scene with Padme near the end of the book, which has to take place before the Outer Rim sieges, and may very well be the last time they see each other before then.

The fact that the book focuses on Quinlen and Ventress does make it easier however. As discussed I think it is quite likely that book takes place concurrent with the last episodes of season five, and all of season six. Maybe the reason Anakin was attending those Council meetings was because the Temple bombing recently happened and he needs to be on hand just in case any new information developed in the case?
    Then Quinlen spends several weeks working his way into favor with Ventress, and while he's away the events of season six happen. It seems likely Marge Krims family were kidnapped immediately after his assumption of power, it makes sense that the Black Sun would see the Pykes changing leaders as an excellent time to make a play for power.
    After this Vos reveals his true identity, and they begin plotting to Assassinate Dooku.

A lot happens in a short period of time from here, but lets work off the assumption that the Outer Rim sieges are beginning just as Anakin and Obi-Wan track Vos and Dooku to Christophsis. They can chaperone him back to Coruscant, leave to deal with Maul on Ord Mantel, and after Vos regains the Councils trust he is dispatched to them for oversight, which is when he and Obi-Wan go off to bury Ventress.

Meamwhile Ahsoka is doing odd jobs to earn money to buy street clothes and a clunker of a speeder.
    It's a shaky timeline, but possible.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I think we need to remember that DD is actually two separate arcs combined into one book. There is even a pretty big time skip during the book, which is when Son of Dathomir happens.

It could easily go:

Dark Disciple Part 1
    Son of Dathomir
    The Bad Batch
    Dark Disciple Part 2
    Ahsoka's Walkabout
    Siege of Mandalore

TadoFett, cwustudent, Erkan12 and 3 others like this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Dark Disciple occurs both before and after with the concurrent Son of Dathomir arc:

Dark Disciple Novel
    130 Lethal Alliance
    131 The Mission
    132 Conspirators
    133 Dark Disciple

Son of Dathomir Comic Series
    134 The Enemy of My Enemy
    135 A Tale of Two Apprentices
    136 Proxy War
    137 Showdown on Dathomir

Dark Disciple Novel
    138 Saving Vos Part 1
    139 Saving Vos Part 2
    140 Traitor
    141 The Path

A lot of stuff was trimmed for the SOD comic because of the medium and time constraints to meet the deadline. Gar Saxon was to have kept the Pykes and Black Sun in line but when Moj & Fife broke ranks under a Separatist attacks, Rook Kast was going head hunting, after that threat and what occurred after is unknown. Except for SOLO and the Crimson Dawn's dominance.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Keep in mind, that wasn't actually the intended airing order. The Rex/R2 arc has been confirmed to kick off Season 8 - and DD Part 2 wasn't until S8 as well.

darkspine10 likes this.
  21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka's walkabout was to have been finished back in Season 7, so by the time of second part of DD in Season 8 it was over . Now the trailers and episode guide make it appear thats is tied into Season 8's Siege of Mandalore. So things obviously have been changed storywise for the Final Season, since there is no Seasons 7 or 8, they're combined basically.

The Sith Temple and Vong episodes occurred before the Siege of Mandalore, now its gone forever apparently sadly.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Whose to say at the end of the day these arcs wouldn't have been aired out of order as is TCW tradition? The Clovis arc should chronologically be earlier in the timeline but officially it ended up stuck where it is in the episode guides.

TadoFett and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Because what sent the Clovis arc into season 6 was the Youngling show falling through and the pilot episodes were given the TCW logo, leading Season 5 to have an episode above the 22 limit Cartoon Network had set.

24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Eh, we don’t know that. Especially the Vong episodes - we have almost nothing on that arc. I personally think the Vong arc may have been part of one of the other ones. Otherwise, Season 8 would have finished at 24 episodes instead of 20.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And still, the Clovis arc happens chronologically later instead of as intended. It doesn't really matter since it works better closer to ROTS. I don't think its a recon like the Slave of the Republic arc either which following the comic would be chronologically much earlier than it ended up officially when adapted into episodes. Bad Batch and Ahsoka's arc are already out of order chronologically, as is TCW tradition.

TadoFett, Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.