main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love a comic series of master Tapal, maybe he gets hologram cameo. Master Tapal reminds me of Qui gon as the wise jedi and hos connection to the force.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The Clone Wars has always been about the journey and not the destination. It still is in my opinion even getting to the end of the series. Will be sad to see this journey end but it'll be a victory to see a bookend I can brag about to all the doubters. Not just in the fandom but to other fans of animation.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  3. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    Wow that really could all play out like you said. Can’t wait, only a few more days!

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    What i'm wondering is when Ahsoka and Rex will have their Holo-call with what looks to be Obi-Wan with his hood up. It looks to be in Maul's throne room, but before order 66 because we still have other clones hanging around one the sidelines.

I speculated that its the Outer Rim report that Anakin missed, which could prove interesting if Ahsoka asks where he is and Obi-Wan offers an evasive or foreboding answer.
    But then it raises the question where Maul is at, maybe his forces recapture the throne room later in the arc?
    Or if this is after Maul is defeated it could be Ahsoka checking in with Windu and Yoda later on in the movie as shown in the earlier trailer. I don't think that would have the same emotional impact, though it could serve a purpose I guess.
    I'm pretty sure this scene will be used to allow fans to catch their bearings so we know at what point of the film we are at.

5. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think it’s Obi Wan telling Ahsoka that he is unable to return to help her and is on his way to Utapau to find Grievous.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The little droid doing the projecting looks very similar to Chopper. I bet this scene the beginning of an episode, it's just so TCW to start with characters standing around Holos and another character (Bo) walks in. Imagine Obi-wan and Bo-Katan telling Ahsoka she is standing about where Maul murdered Satine. It's hard to say where in the arc this is. For all, we know Ahsoka, Rex, Bo-Katan, and their forces could be trapped in the throne room and gathering crates of leftover poison tea explosives for a crazy-ass plan to pull the rug out from under Maul. The fun thing about Maul is he isn't just brute strength, he's going to battle them with his brain. I hope SoM will play with that and let these characters battle with their wits too.

You know, I've said it before but it's really apparent here when you look at Ahsoka next to someone familiar such as a Clone Trooper like Captain Rex it's much easier to appreciate how tall she has gotten. She's about as tall as he is now.

8. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think in episode 2 or 3 of siege it will have Obi Wan tell Ahsoka about Dookus death and that the war will soon end.

I would love for when Ahsoka senses order 66 to see scenes other jedi getting ambushed by the clones.

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Reminder... some of you may struggle a bit with the gap in Darth Maul's story. These may help a bit
    for those of you who want something a bit more... visual to help fill that Maul gap...

This channel does some relatively decent quality audio adaptations of certain comics. I realize this is a little bit iffy copyright wise, but this is honestly the closest we have to getting these episodes in watchable form and I actually find their take on it to be pretty decent. It may help some of you fill in the gap more easily if you never read the issues.

Also, once the show's done, we can tinker around with the timeline and figure out any remaining issues. Should be pretty simple. I may even attempt the old fanon timeline with canon and EU material in roughly story chronological order again for fun, like I did back in 2013/2014, though I'm not sure. It obviously wouldn't be a true canon thing. Depends on how I feel about the finale. Still, I'm enjoying the 18 years of Media we've had since May 2002. I made a tribute AMV last month covering much of the visual material in the TCW era blending bits of the old EU and new canon together in tribute to my time trying to make sense of it all here.

Some things to help pass the time, I suppose.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think this arc will heavily tie in with ROTS. Like, almost right from the beginning, and that's the main reason for the fan-gasming hyping it up. Maybe we'll never look at ROTS the same again, like after the lost episodes.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Merric and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not sure how much screen time they will give Maul, he used to have his own episodes. Right now things are Ahsokacentric this season.

I think they pretty much already laid it out that Anakin and Kenobi were supposed to go Mandalore but instead were re-called to Coruscant to help rescue the Supreme Chancellor. The Ahsoka novel opened that way. Its still extremely odd that Kenobi and Anakin would just send off a 17 year old or whatever Ahsoka to battle someone like Maul. I think that is also a plot point, as Ahsoka ends up going in alone despite Anakin leaving behind Rex and some volunteers of the 501st. Maul was anticipating Anakin and Kenobi in a final duel but instead got Ahsoka. Maul basically believes she was sent to die as she's a cast off apprentice like he was. Anakin gives her a pet talk about Maul being merciless and off they went,lol. The novel has the Ahsoka vs Maul but only gives it a passing reference, where Ahsoka and Rex devised a ray shield trap as Ahsoka was no match for him one on one - also which similarly what ends up happening to Anakin and Kenobi onboard Grievous' ship during ROTS as they got ray shielded trapped and later also captured again.

I think its important to realize that Sidious came dangerously close to losing that duel with Savage and Maul and later against Maul one on one. I don't think thats something he'd want to repeat, moreover since Maul's hidden agenda was to lore out Sidious so that he and Talzin could destroy him - which again came dangerously close to happening. I don't think Sidious would ever challenge Maul again directly after those engagements. What we have is basically Palpatine threw everything he had at Maul, CIS, Grievous, Dooku, Jedi and Republic during SOD and still could not decisively defeat his rival & phantom apprentice, nor could he beat the fight out've him and that is important.

The Jedi focusing their more full attention on Mandalore and Maul's capture always troubled Palpatine doing back past seasons, I think that would've really disrupted Palpatine's plans if Maul was captured since he knows everything and had no loyalty to Sidious. I think despite Palpatine's great skill and power , he'd also lose to Windu and later Yoda in ROTS. He's vulnerable without a true apprentice(he discarded that the Sith master and apprentice are supposed to be a dyad and together they would be godlike unstoppable when as one) and he made himself that way when he betrayed Maul.

I've often thought in the past, that its possible that Maul offers his hand to Ahsoka's to join forces against the Sith, she naturally refuses cause she's still naive and thinking like a Jedi, but the temptation might be there. In Rebels she states that "she is no Jedi" . I think her meddling in Maul's plans and war effort against the Sith probably ends up causing the prolonged war without end we see all the way into TROS. I suspect that Maul is the manifestation of the The Son or perhaps a descendant of his.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the trailers have made that crystal clear.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I know I've repeated myself on this front a few times, but depending on how much we see of Anakin and Obi-Wan after they bail on Mandalore -- and I'm betting it will be little or nothing -- it would have been nice to have had some books or comics right about now giving us the "canon" versions of the old Legends stuff that filled in the TCW gaps back when TCW was in canon-accordance with the old EU. That goes for Anakin's scarring and knighting and a proper "debut" for Ventress and Grievous, too. Then again we're just now starting to get tie-ins to The Mandalorian, so maybe that kind of delay is "the new normal", if anyone's not sick of that phrase by now.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    @Vorax Sidious was nowhere close to even being threatened by Maul and Savage.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The battle between Sidious vs. Maul, and Savage in "Lawless" was the definition of a curb-stomp. Honestly, during the painful wait for the episode into the early hours of Friday I read "Son of Dathomir" and while it's nice to have that gap filled and it was an excellent comic it didn't really change my perception of whats going on here now. I had predicted based on spoilers I read for the comics the whole than was a Xanatos Gambit by Palpatine and that exactly what happened. Even now I think Palpatine let him go and is still using him as a distraction here. Ol' Sidious isn't even remotely threatened. Sidious is as fascinating in his ability to plan, use people, and come up with contingencies on the spot so everything usually works to his advantage.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What an amazing episode "Old Friends Not Forgotten" was!

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Someday I would love to have what you mentioned in a few arcs set early 1st year of the war, before Ashoka became Anakins apprentice.

I want to see Grievious first duel against a Jedi in canon. Would love if he got his own origins arc.

Phase 1 armored clones in updated visuals.

Perhaps finally see delta squad in more then just that 1 cameo.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I must admit to thinking that I enjoyed TCW series more than the actual prequel films, however as it wore on I got a bit jaded with it. However this final run of shows has reinvigorated my love for the series, I’m currently watching ep6 and even little details like Anakin recognising Ahsoka as their ship flew past jumped out as an emotional moment and even tie in with Vader on the bridge in Jedi as Luke goes past. I’m looking forward to see how this series pans out and how it ties in with ROTS.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Outsourced and CoolyFett like this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Actually Maul and Savage came very close to defeating him. It was in actuality a duel of rivals. He came about as close any anyone non chosen one can get, up there with Yoda and Windu duels for sure despite it being animated and the fighting style's and body movements awkward. While Kylo and Rey stood no chance at all together or alone in that TROS movie. With Rey she was part Palpatine and knew certain weakness, and was aided by the Jedi and still she dies after killing the Emperor. Vader was never able to stand against him at all, very few were in an actual battle. Its also more amazing that you consider the fact that Sidious would've known Maul's fighting style since he trained him but Maul still holds his own despite being crippled as a cyborg.

Maul and Savage resisted his attempt to smash them threw the window, he was then forced to duel them on the ground. They drove him out've the chamber and off the balcony, Sidious is forced to take them with him, by the time he's on the ground again he's starts to become winded. He succeeds in separating the brothers after Force pushing Maul against a stone wall which would've killed anyone by breaking their back, but it fails in subduing Maul there it just takes him out for a few seconds. He then engages Savage one on one, Savage holds his own for a time but he's not a natural Force user and so Sidious overpowers him with the Force enduring him. But even during this one on one duel Sidious is forced to use up a lot of energy. By three minutes into the prolonged duel, Sidious already started becoming winded. Maul's mistake was not pressing the attack soon as Savage died, instead he does something out've character and goes to fallen brother's side when after finishing off Savage, Sidious was tired. By the time Maul then engages Sidious one on one, and Sidious had regained his reserve, but Maul's skill still nearly defeats him, Sidious sensing a possible death, calls upon everything and greater mastery of the Dark Side he's got to overpower him. But it was clear Sidious' was nearing depletion. Had Maul pressed his attack on Sidious sooner instead of going to Savage, he could've perhaps defeated him.

However the writers seemingly forget Maul could use the Force and they should've had him use two lightsabers from the start. It made no sense that he didn't sooner other than to give Sidious a biased edge . It was bad writing and choreography. That said, even the extended sequence lends a better picture when Maul and Savage drive Sidious from the throne room. And Maul came very close to redirecting his Force lightning back onto him, which was something Rey succeeded in TROS. He was on the right track.

The end result of the duel on Sundari was actually that Maul and Talzin had devised this plan for Maul to be captured to lore out Sidious so she and Maul could kill him together. Maul in his weakened cybernetic form alone could not stop someone as powerful as Sidious but he came very very close still. To defeat the Sith Master you needed someone of the same power, his former ally Mother Talzin whom also taught Sidious. This almost came to happening again when Talzin and Maul were together in destroying the Sith, but Talzin chose her son over revenge no matter the cost much to Maul's dismay since he was willing to sacrifice his lifeforce to see Sidious dead.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’ll post a review in the episode thread after it gets unlocked, but Old Friends, Long Forgotten is the best TCW episode next to Bounty.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Season 7 i will say even with out this arc has been okay. with this arc it goes from ok to good but not great.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I don't understand why they locked it due to a few posters baiting others. Should just ban those individuals rather than punish everyone by locking the thread, but whatever.

24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    We locked the thread because I warned users that if the baiting continued it would be locked. This is to give everyone a chance to cool off and get back on track instead of arguing with one another.

If you or anyone else has any questions feel free to PM me.

25. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I really hope they address Bo Katan's past more. Ever since she was revealed as Satine's sister in the Mauldalore arc both Rebels and this series so far have treated her like she just suddenly one of the good guys (rather than, you know, a marauding terrorist who cackled as she burned down a village of innocent people.