main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    It’s clear that in regards to Bo-Katan’s past, they are following Kylo Ren’s advice in TLJ.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Bo-Katan isn't the one that's changed beyond realizing the harm her ideas following Pre did to Mandalore. At least not yet.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Mod Edit: Knock it off.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
  4. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Uh, murder everything and everyone so you can create a new galactic order? Because that was Kylo Ren's "advice" and agenda in the movie - it wasn't let go of the past for the sake of the future: it was exterminate everyone and everything that is and would oppose me in creating the future that I want.

As for Bo-Katan, I don't expect them to dedicate time to any conflict between her and Ahsoka based on her past actions, but I would still like for some acknowledgement of them, especially since Ahsoka was witness to what happened to the Ming Po.

Furthermore, Ahsoka ignoring the events of "A Friend in Need" would not only run contrary to the Martinez arc, but actually render it pointless since Ahsoka was learning to see things from the perspective of the little people who were the forgotten victims of the bigger things/people, and the Ming Po were the little people who got abused and then murdered by the Death Watch. For Ahsoka to forget what happened to them or sweep it under the rug would be for her to become the very thing that she accuses the Jedi of being.

That's why it works best if Ahsoka is doing this to bring an end to Maul and/or for the sake of the regular Mandalorian people, and she doesn't become friendly towards Bo-Katan. Unless, of course, Ahsoka is suppose to be made out to be a massive hypocrite.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @rumblewagon

It won't be unlocked if you continue to bring it up. I already explained why it was locked to you before. I will not repeat myself.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

I kinda doubt they will at this point, unless Maul says something about it to her since history will not be on her side. Seems more like a brush under the rug thing though as Ahsoka seems to be now praising Bo-Katan's more aggressive side, "you're nothing like your sister". Bo-Ktan seems to be a rather odd and tragic character, after her invasion here, the Empire assumes control and her victory is a sham . By Rebels she's kinda dethrone monarch, its very unclear what exactly she was doing since the years in exile before Sabine passing the darksaber to her to fight for a free Mandalore to only lose it at the hands of Gideon and the Empire, is just a repeat. She never returned Mandalore to "new Mandalorians". In fact Pre and Bo-Katan killed all of Satine's government or they sided with Death Watch, thats what Satine told Maul in the cell. Bo-Katan, is just basically Pre Vizsla/Death Watch-lite from TCW Season V to Rebels.

But going back to TCW, Death Watch including Bo-Katan were all about returning Mandalore to the old ways and murdering Satine. In Shades of Reason, Pre flatout tells Bo-Katan that soon Maul, Savage and Satine will be all dead and she smiled. Satine was gonna be disgraced and killed under Death Watch.

Moreover this whole plot point plan that Bo-Katan is using is an exact copy of what Pre attempted to do to overthrow Satine, her government, kill Kenobi. Pre allied with Dooku and the Separatists because he could not take Mandalore by force on his own, he needed the Separatists , Satine's government was under threat of invasion even by the Republic because of the Separatists were in league with Death Watch.

Pre's alliance with Dooku that went sour. So Pre was had enemies with the Sith/Separatists while Mandalore remained neutral. Satine/New Mandalorians, with Kenobi(Jedi & the Republic) created now three enemies that Death Watch faced in wake of Vizla's fall from grace and new exile on Carlacc. Pre was supposed to play the liberator before, when the Republic and the Jedi arrived to occupy Mandalore to save Satine's government from the Separatists or Mandalore falling into the hands of the CIS.

Pre Vizla, needed Maul to kill Dooku and Kenobi & help overthrow Satine and her New Mandalorian government and win over the populace. Maul's the ulimate chessplayer and mindreader's plan once again incorporates a foreign army of allied and unlimited resources for an invasion Mandalore , which is a ruse to overthrow Satine and fight a sustained war with the Republic if need be which would come to her rescue again. Once again, it called on Death Watch to be seen as "liberators".

With Bo-Katan now its just same story but in reverse, where she's playing the liberator card, its her needing the Jedi and the Republic army to overthrow Maul and the Old Mandalorians(Death Watch).

TadoFett, Meeko Ghintee and MrDarth0 like this.
  7. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    You know, when Bo-Katan was throwing Satine's death in Obi-Wan face, he showed remarkable restraint in not pointing that what happened to her and to Mandalore is Bo-Katan and Death Watch's fault since they were the ones who allied with Maul and brought him to Mandalore.

I would love it so much if Maul rubs that in her face. Bonus, if he reminds her that Pre Vizsla ceded leadership of Mandalore and the Death Watch to him, making her the usurper instead of him.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It also displays poor leadership on the part of Bo Katan. What she said would have aggravated most people and lost their support as an ally. I took it as Bo Katan calling Obi Wan out as a coward moreso than pleading to him for help. Sabine would later do the same with her mom in Rebels and that ended up with her mother calling the Empire and nearly dooming them all. Why Bo Katan is considered the rightful leader by many is beyond me. Mandalore doesn't seem to be a hereditary autocracy so her relation to Satine shouldn't matter. She was high up the ranks in Death Watch but it seems like she's far from the ultimate champion. She loses Mandalore to Maul, then to Empire (seemingly twice if Moff Gideon having the darksaber is any indication) She doesn't come across as a good leader at all.

CampOfSorgan and MrDarth0 like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Doesn't Bo-Katan pretty much admit she is a terrible leader in Rebels early on before Sabine talks her into taking the Darksaber? Honestly this seems like a running theme with Mandalore.

Darkslayer, TadoFett and CampOfSorgan like this.
  10. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    Speaking of Rebels, I'm reminded of Gar Saxon and this dialogue by Fenn Rau: "Gar Saxon was guilty of treason against the throne, collaboration with our enemy, and the execution of my fellow Protectors."

It amuses me to a stupid extent that Sabine handed the Darksaber to a person that was basically guilty of the same charges. I'm not discounting that people can change in nineteen or so years, but still.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Bo-Katan has an out she can say Pre Viszla manipulated the young mando and turned sister against sister.

12. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    Given that Bo-Katan was an adult and a member of the Death Watch's top brass, she can't really make credible excuses for the Ming-Po massacre nor for everything that happened with Satine and Maul. When you're a big girl making her own decisions, you should expect to be treated like a big girl and be held responsible for those decisions.

I think Ahsoka allying with Bo-Katan to free Mandalore and its people lends some interesting nuance to the situation given everything that Bo-Katan has done and the responsibility she carries for Mandalore's current predicament - war makes strange bedfellows, after all - but that nuance only exists if what Bo-Katan has done is acknowledged and not swept under the rug or excused because otherwise, it's the exact opposite thing (which also reflects very poorly on Ahsoka's character and the preceding arc)

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    SINRE edit.

Don't request links to pirated material. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
    cwustudent likes this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Uh, Disney+ is available in the UK, that's how I've been watching it ;)

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    SINRE edit.

Don't request links to pirated material. Ever.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @fett 4. Stop requesting links to pirated material all over the forums.

Darkslayer and Outsourced like this.
  17. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Anyone else afraid Disney + will get totally fried on May 4th Star Wars Day? Clone Wars finale, Mando documentary and The Rise of Skywalker streaming premiere.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess that's going to be a good time to be up at 3:30 am before the load testing starts. I think it'll be alright.

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    "We're all going to burn! We're all going to die! You don't know what you're doing!"
    - Darth Maul, to Ahsoka

There's an argument to be made that the episodes focusing on Ahsoka and Darth Maul are the best episodes in TCW, and these last few episodes lend considerable credibility toward that perspective. It's interesting how Anakin chooses the dark side at a time when Ahsoka chooses the light side.

20. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    This has always been my all time favorite Star Wars art. And now with The Phantom Apprentice, this poster has a whole new feeling to it. I love it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    MrDarth0, TadoFett, Ben-Solo and 6 others like this.
  21. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    The question is as such: Will Ahsoka help Maul escape? Will Rex help, as well? Apparently, Rex will remove his chip in the next episode.

TadoFett and Erkan12 like this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    One week until the end!

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    We're gonna get lit.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not going to speculate anymore on what I think will happen. I've been getting this feeling if I keep speculating the answer may disappoint me. Not being pessimistic and I believe the arc will deliver. Witwer said this next episode is insane. I think there is a possibility things will get bad enough an unlikely team-up will happen or they'll let Maul go as a distraction. Imagine getting free only to walk into this ****. Granted for Maul that's not going to be anything new. If he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any at all.

Darkslayer and TadoFett like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope we see a Jedi Temple sequence where Vader Anakin kills Tera Sinube and Shak Tii and ends with an epic lightsaber battle with Cin Drallig

Darkslayer, TadoFett and Merric like this.