main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Finn isn’t wrong up until than first order storm troopers did not have jetpacks. I could talk about this quote for hours but this isn’t the right thread

Outsourced and Jamie1001 like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am afraid not. Since the FO Jet Troopers have been around before even TROS in their own continuity/canon,lol. So yeah Finn and company are dead wrong in the movie.

fett 4 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s just a joke in the movie. Again I would love to take this somewhere else. If you so desire to continue this conversation

Ben-Solo, Outsourced and Jamie1001 like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wish we got more of Padme this season.

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed but to be fair, I will say I'm pretty certain that JJ has never seen any of that other stuff, did not want to see it and probably never will see it. When he did that scene :-B

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or maybe he just wanted to have a silly joke.;)

Jamie1001 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Asked Matt Martin on Twitter about Hondo, he didn't respond to me, yet answered another question related to the arc not too long ago. Maybe Hondo did die in the arc.

8. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I don’t know. Hondo was a pretty big character at that point in time. I imagine he would have to have a big part in that arc to get killed off in it. And it certainly seems he wasn’t gonna be a big part of it. I think Hondo’s potential role in that arc would be to only show up at the end and give Boba Slave I back.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I imagine he'll tell you not to worry about it and it's all fake anyway.........[face_whistling]

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt the Aurra sing death is the only contradiction with existing canon. I also doubt Hondo died. I have a feeling that one of the major reasons we will never see the arc is Dace it someone else high up decided to keep Bane alive for something else

11. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    I heard the reason it wasn't finished for The Lost Missions was because it conflicted with Trank's Boba Fett film. Something in Boba's backstory here must be radical enough to keep it sealed away forever. But also Bane should stay very dead.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It what would have changed so much? That’s what I wish we knew. I agree it was originally due to the Trank film

Jesta' likes this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its a shame there wasn't more information about the Boba movie released.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Remember the story reel clip we did get to see from this arc, Boba tells Bane something about “no more deaths.” It implies a large body count, so perhaps a clue that it wasn’t just Aurra that died.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I thought the last four episodes were fabulous and tragic. I felt bad for Ahsoka, but I also admired her courage. Also, tie-ins to ROTS were great. When I watch this in context, I feel frightened. But out of context, I like it when Sidous says, "Unlimited power!"

Ben-Solo likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Hondo is in Rebels and in Galaxy's Edge, so he definitely survived.

And I think the original reason for not releasing the arc and doing some story changes was Lucasfilm's plan to make Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story, which was cancelled after the not so stellar performance of Solo.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No Boba was cancelled long before than when Trank was fires

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It actually wasn’t entirely cancelled until after the Solo release. James Mangold was supposed to direct.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Its more interesting for me, is that only Maul had a vision and dream of the coming future and tried stopping it. Both Maul & Ahsoka not only felt that moment but heard it onboard that ship, she's essentially saved cause of it and Maul's warnings earlier had to have been in her head. So was this due to Maul's influence on Ahsoka, and her connection with Anakin, bit of both?! While Yoda does not react to any of this but only when the Jedi start getting killed off during the Order which does save him but not the others, plus he happened to have Chewie and the Wookies as loyal local aids and soldiers . Kenobi had not such warnings or premonitions. Its interesting.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Didn't Yoda feel something bad happening when Wndu died not sure what it was.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka and Maul felt Mace's death too and five seconds later "Execute order 66." Can't really do something with that. You don't have to be force sensitive either. I think Rex also felt something was about to happen through the first chunk of the episode. In all seriousness, Maul was definitely not the only one to have visions and dreams. I think Barriss and even Krell had visions of what was going to happen. Barriss mentions something to this effect during her confession. Krell outright states when he is interrogated he has foreseen the Jedi are going to lose the war and a new power will rise. The sad thing is Maul definitely took the best approach by concocting his plan to lure Kenobi and Skywalker to kill the later. Compare that to Krell sabotaging the Republic war effort by killing as many of its soldiers as possible to join the winning team or Barriss bombing the Jedi temple to make a political against the Jedi and framing Ahsoka.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Ben-Solo likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Thats not true actually, it flat out saved Ahsoka's life, much like it gave Yoda those few needed seconds to react as well. Rex did not feel anything there. It was also implied that Maul felt Dooku's death during his opening sewer scene, in any case something occurred there, "I wonder..the moment may be a upon us" line and he taps into the Force vision mode when talking to Ahsoka.

And I am talking about the actual move tie in, the direct connection and Order 66. Maul already knew the Jedi and the Republic were doomed during his resurrection, and he was creating a mechanization for survival such as building the Shadow Collective.

With Krell in terms of a impeding doom Force vision, if he had one or just playing mind games with the Clones, but that was a broad and messy brush stroke, not the same thing. And on the show its strongly hinted he was in league with Dooku and had switched sides beforehand, but in any case had already prior to the show had long since embraced the Dark Side. His whole motivation was to become Dooku's apprentice. He had no knowledge of Sidious .

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maul telling Ahsoka about his dreams and offering his hand did not save Ahsoka's life. That info didn't do anything but conflict Ahsoka more on who to trust. It did not save Ahsoka's life in "Shattered" nor did her feeling Mace's death and something terrible happening to Anakin through the force. In a backward way Maul saved her life helping her escape by destroying the Venator and the evidence with it. That's not something he did directly though. What saved Ahsoka's life from Order 66 was Rex resisting the chip about 5 seconds long enough for Ahsoka to process the clones were turning on her. She'd be dead if the two clones behind her would have just shot her in the back like every other clone executing Order 66. Rex absolutely felt something was about to happen and later recognized what was happening to him. He's almost an audience avatar which is interesting for a guy who attempts to execute order 66. From the moment Rex asks Ahsoka, "You didn't tell them about what Maul said about General Skywalker?" til about the eight-minute mark which is where he and Ahsoka have their conversation on the bridge. Rex is very uneasy, you can hear it in his voice and see it in his facial expressions. As much as I'd like to believe he was just being her friend that's what really motivated Rex to ask "Is something on your mind?"

It true that Krell did not know who Sidious was. He did not have visions to the extent Maul did, seeing how he briefly encountered Skywalker in "Darkness of Umbara". But it's not true to say Maul was the only one who had them and tried to find a way to survive or stop it. He just had the strongest visions and tried to come up with the best plans. Krell outright says what he has foreseen. He was not really in league with Dooku yet in Umbara and he says so. He had clearly been in contact with Dooku but at this point, during the Umbaran arc, Krell was trying to win Dooku's favor to become his apprentice. Krell's fall was driven by visions he had of the republic's fall and likely fear of the clones. It is implied he's been at this for a while seeing how Fives was aware Krell has had the highest casualty numbers in the GAR.

As much as Maul tries to be like Sidious and manipulate everybody in brilliant gambits to accomplish a goal. He's just not as good at it as Sidious and his plans lack contingencies and spends little time on consequences which is what got his butt kicked by Sidious in "Lawless". Maul's plan to lure Skywalker and kill him was ultimately flawed. He'll survive as a mob boss but he was never going to overthrow Palpatine just by using criminal organizations.

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Not sure what you're rambling on about.

It did save Ahsoka's life, it alerted her, stay alert stay alive. Even in the previous arc she was ready join Maul, but her denial and loyalty for Anakin prevented that from occuring cause Maul wanted to kill Anakin. At the end of the episode she looks up at the glass of the shattered window, which presents her with her dilemma of did she do the right thing, was Maul telling the truth ect. Ahsoka back on Mortis was warned by her future self that seeds of the dark side where planted in her by her master, Anakin. She's constantly in denial about Anakin right up until Rebels. She has her own flaws, and she plays her part by not informing the Council of what Maul said.

With Rex, like Jesse later, he simply had conflicted loyalties and programming, which created confusion and hesitation. Rex only initially fought it cause of Ahsoka and his connection with Fives, but it still won over him and she had to save him from himself. So its not he him feeling something like with Maul or Tano which is what I was talking about, what you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said about Maul and Ahsoka. They are the only two and Yoda in the movie. And its indeed important.

I hate to break it to you, Maul did very good surviving the Clone Wars, and he retained his empire, which is actually a para-military force of vast resources and influence. Mandalore was not part of his plan, he orchestrated everything and sent them to deaths or to survival how they can. He basically liberated them from his rule so he can go off and do his own thing and not be burdened. Ahsoka showing up, had nothing to do with a "flawed plan", he tempted Ashoka and alerted her to the situation, what she choice and the consequences is on her. But what he did saved her life and his however directly or indirectly one wants to interpret it, it still happened. His only main goal was to kill Anakin. He had no interest in killing Ahsoka, his main enemy is Sidious. And he had plans for survival clearly in the episodes.

Actually Maul came close at killing Sidious in The Lawless, but Sidious was a more powerful enemy and he cannot die since he's in ROTS and died in ROTJ(and TROS). He was the master, he had inherited Plaguis knowledge and power and trained with Mother Talzin. Maul had only what his master had taught him at the time. With Mother Talzin, again he came very close in destroying him. Maul did better better than most Jedi, he's not even a main character nor a "Skywalker". In any case we learn in SOD that Maul being captured was part his plan to lure out Sidious. He had Gar Saxon and Rook Kast follow Sidious. Force lightning didnt have much an effect him as he let on, he was indifferent to pain under sustained torture and never gave up his resources.

And Sidious got killed twice attempting to do the same thing , once by Anakin and again by Rey - he failed at turning Luke and he failed at turning Rey - plus he lost his empire twice. Brilliant gambits,lol.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Great, now I'm imagining an amazing arc where Cad Bane kills like 3 or 4 named characters every episode just to win his competition with Boba.

Jesta' likes this.