main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. me327

me327 Jedi Padawan

Mar 6, 2017
    At last the timeline of the series on the official website has been updated. However the "Legacy" material is nowhere to be seen. Does that mean it's no longer canon? Anyway I've come up with a chronological order which does include the Legacy episodes. The Ahsoka walkabout arc seems to have caused some problems for the official timeline of the series. I've given it some thought and I was wondering if the following chronological order for the episodes could be acceptable (I don't mean perfect, I mean acceptable):

Ep. 121 = Sacrifice
    Epp. 122-125 = Crystal crisis on Utapau
    ??? Unreleased "Cad Bane/Boba" arc
    Epp. 126-127 = The enemy of my enemy + A tale of two apprentices
    Epp. 128-131 = Ahsoka walkabout
    Epp. 132-133 = Proxy war + Showdown on Dathomir
    Epp. 134-141 = Dark disciple
    Epp. 142-145 = The bad batch
    Unreleased "The bad batch on Kashyyyk" arc
    Epp. 146-149 = The siege of Mandalore (concurrent with ROTS)

I really don't know where to place the remaining four unreleased arcs (Rex/R2, Vong, Monsters under the Jedi Temple, Mon Cala/Padmè) but that's not important as they don't officialy exist and we don't have any animatic from them.
    What are your thoughts on this matter?

Darth Wookiee and Erkan12 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Again who though? There are almost no names characters I can think of who they would kill off? Highsinger? As I said not a whole lot

3. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    After watching Season 7, and then the Siege Of Mandalore (many times) I started Rebels again. I finally got to the Season 2 finale (Twilight Of The Apprentice), and its just SO GOOD. Ahsoka and Maul seeing each other again...….the fight with Anakin/Vader - its just compelling TV. I had forgotten about seeing Morai (Ahsoka's Convor)! Now everything just - makes sense! Surely there has to be a show that covers Sabine and Ahsoka's search for Ezra! Live action would be great!

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    We know Highsinger survives the Bounty Hunter Arc, as we see him in Dark Disciple.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So the sisters arc has grown on me. Wasn’t the biggest fan or a hater at the time, but it has grown on me. Anyone else’s thoughts changed on the season all these months later?

6. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I think a lot of the initial bad reaction wasn’t necessarily due to the quality of the arc or episodes, more that it suffered due to the excitement and anticipation of TCW returning and being finished.

If the Martez sister arc was in a regular 20+ episode season it would’ve just been a solid filler story, nothing special but nothing to warrant the negativity it’s received. There are so many arcs that people would’ve preferred to see and that meant it was always going to struggle

7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I think Highsinger's still operating in the OT era, per one of the Marvel Vader comics.

Agree that the Martez arc takes some unwarranted knocks. In its finished form it does some good for Ahsoka's character and benefits from the inclusion of the Mandos and Maul. It's got one really fatal flaw, which is one almost completely wasted episode that loops back around to literally the same situation at the end as the beginning... but even THAT was sort of a TCW hallmark. Not a particularly great one, but definitely a thing that the show did more than most shows do.

wmu'14 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree I think people would have just wanted to see some of the bigger arcs

Aah Fisto likes this.
  9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It seems pretty likely in retrospect -- and I say this slightly cynically but also with an acknowledgment that it's really totally fine anyway -- that the real project here was Siege of Mandalore and the other two arc were gravy that (probably) Filoni sold LFL on doing while they were at it, on the basis of them being close to completion. SoM just stands so far apart from the other 8 episodes that it counts as its own thing and even looks like it might well have been conceived as a standalone movie.

To me that means none of the other arcs were really in play except Crystal Crisis, and the fact that it's unfinished is the only disappointment to which I feel slightly entitled. I do hope for adaptations of the other ones in some form, some day.

10. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Yeah I completely agree, Siege of Mandalore was clearly the big pay off that the majority of time and hype went into. With that being said, The Martez sisters arc although nothing spectacular was necessary as a prequel to Siege of Mandalore so that we could learn what Ahsoka was up to.

Then we can now say in hindsight that The Bad Batch arc was clearly pitched as a set up for the continuation of the clone wars via their own series

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am still glad we got the two extra arcs

Ahsoka's Tano and Aah Fisto like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It does still annoy me a bit that we will likely never see season 7 on DVD or blu ray. I get it everything is on Disney plus but for the people who love to collect it must suck

TCF-1138 likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I know it's gratuitous since Ahsoka and Rex went through enough but I would still be all for getting an extended version of SoM released as a full movie.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Kinda wish they had just released the whole thing as a final movie. A nice way to cap off a series that started with one

TCF-1138 and Seerow like this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I actually edited the The Siege of Mandalore episodes together, just to see if it would work as a movie, and it flowed flawlessly - moreso than the actual TCW movie - so I'm convinced that it was either originally planned to be a movie before being split into episodes, or they had/have a plan to release it as a movie at some point.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm hoping that one day (maybe for some seminal anniversary of the series) Lucasfilm release a SOM director's cut with all the episodes officially edited together into one movie.

It doesn't even have to be released on physical media (though that certainly would be the ideal scenario) it can just be added to Disney+ as a standalone animated movie.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope your right since I would love to watch it like that

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Also it looked like High Singer was going to be in 1313.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’m looking for Tan Divo

darkspine10 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Think I am going to rewatch the bad batch arc before the show starts will report back.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  21. Darth Jedi Ren

Darth Jedi Ren Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2021
    So I watched the first episode again and I gotta say it was better to watch it after the show came out. Man the bad batch is already so much better in this premier. They were just kinda bland here. Anyone else think this?

-Jedi Knight Fett

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was watching the first episode again again and I have to say hunter was kinda boring. Now I am off to watch the second episode

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have wondered my interpretation of things will change now CF99 has better character development. Just thinking back I wonder if CF99 really went on the mission hoping to rescue Echo or to prevent anyone from dying. Not just so Hunter could say, "I told you so." I never would have thought Hunter, the Rambo-looking guy would become my favorite. It wasn't until I watch Bad Batch premiere unfortunately I gained a new appreciation for the fight in the hall before going into Echo's chamber and what it meant that Hunter was fighting back to back with Anakin Skywalker like that.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do have to wonder when they started development on this series. We know it was years ago. But anyway I am liking the arc a lot more

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be interesting to go back to the changes, from the story reel and the arc we got. I had lists I posted before to see how things were changes for this series. I had interpreted the rewrites as meant to make the Bad Batch arc more Rex-centric and just get him ready for SoM. I remember when the episodes came out on Disney Plus every week having discussions about if one of the episodes would go into the inhibitor chip stuff and now it's clear why it never did. Firstly because it made "Shattered" the killer episode it was and that stuff is still serving a plot in the "Bad Batch" Series.

Last edited: May 7, 2021