main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I originally thought the younglings would be the main characters due to the Titanfall game.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    what Titanfall game

3. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I played a bit of 1 or 2 once and I thought maybe the younglings could be a team in Fallen Order like the team of characters in the Titanfall games.

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    now is seems intresting, its possible its them as the main charcter. I mean we have little infromation on it

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It's true there won't be that much in stakes, but what will be there is ......closure. In Legends, we got the entire NJO story. There was closure. The same with The Legacy of the Force. There was closure. The very same thing with Fate of the Jedi. And there still was closure. The clone wars multi-media project of 2002-2006 may not be considered the best to some here on the boards. Yes, they had there problems, but we got closure. TCW ended without closure. You had a powerful Maul running around, Mother T, with her magic, Ashoka and Rex surviving into Rebels and beyond, no closure on the Mandalore issue. So those are big things to me that needs resolution if we are to take this series as being the canon series that bridges AOTC to ROTS. There has to be closure and I am glad that we are getting it one way or another.

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    oh yes i am happy about the closer too, i was just pointing out how lot characters fates have been reveal

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    This design was cool, looks a lot like the Transformers Prime designs for Decepticons.

[​IMG]

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Um...where are their lightsabers? Are these guys from a parallel universe? They were Jedi, not smugglers.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well this could be post-Order 66; where they were all on the run and hiding from the Jedi purge. It would certainly make sense that they'd keep their sabers inactive.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That piece is not from Rebels/Lucasfilm, but a fan art creation.

11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I feel CloneWarsSaved is a deceiving title for only 12 episodes, if we are only getting 12 the final stories or missions would have been a better title.

I've been thinking some more and if I had to pick 12 episodes (3 arcs) these would be my choices

1 Son of Dathomir - it addresses the major cliff hanger from Season 5 where Sidious captured Maul and not just that but it explains the mystery of Mother Talzin and wraps up her story - such a crucial arc should not be left out. It will also tie in well with Siege of Mandalore.

2 Bounty Hunter arc - Cad Bane is the only major TCW character who is still lacking closure, this arc looked like it could have been Bounty Hunter centric which is something we never had previously, the closest to that was Obi Wan undercover.

3. Siege of Mandalore - Even though this arc could never be as good as originally planned since we know Maul, Rex, Bo Katan and Ahsoka survived, it would still be nice to see an arc running parallel to ROTS. There would be a lot of potentials for cameos and references. Also we don't know the fates of Almec and Rook Kast.

The Dark Disciple episodes sound very good and would probably be one of my next choices, but Ventress's story did receive a bit of closure on TCW, she moved on from Dooku and the Nightsisters and became a Bounty Hunter.

The other thing I really want to see wrapped up in The Clone Wars is an explanation on what the purpose of the CIS Council is - they were kind of written on of existence with the CIS Senate and "neutral" corporations" Were they controlling the corporations in the shadows or were they extremist factions of their own corporations that broke away and stole a lot of resources?

We now know Lott Dod was killed due to meddling in The Clone Wars, I wonder if this was going to happen on the series? If it was such a story should be shown, he was a recurring villain and there were a few Trade Federation episodes. I remember Filoni said on the Umbara featurette we needed to see how the Trade Federation became all in with the CIS by the time of ROTS.

Maybe Lott Dod was caught conspiring with the CIS Council - I have a theory that the CIS could have killed him after this and blamed it on the Republic and that they were looking for an excuse to seize control of the Trade Federation like they did the Banking Clan.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  12. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm starting to guess also that they are going to be finishing up Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis to build up to SoM. It makes the most sense from a budgetary perspective.

I think that's also what I'd most like to see. The two unfinished stories have always sat in a grey area in terms of canon for me. I never really looked up their official status and honestly still haven't seen Bad Batch. Now maybe by the time I get to it, it'll be complete!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis are both Canon.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it was a fan art creation. I just posted it as a what-if scenario.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I prefer the AU scenario where Ahsoka saves the Ilum Younglings from Order 66 and takes them into exile with her, training them all up to par and then bringing them back to lead the Rebel Alliance.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I assume you're referring to a fanfic. If the Alliance had trained Jedi from the beginning there'd be no need for this guy.
    [​IMG]

17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah, I forgot to mention the part in that AU where Vader found them after a couple missions with the Alliance and killed them all. As good as Ahsoka and the younglings were, they weren't Skywalker-level.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Um ok...Sounds pretty dark.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It just makes sense to go ahead and finished the material they already had. Seriously says something about the quality of the stories that were unfinished reals with animatics can stand with the best arcs in the series. I can't wait to see them in there full glory. Then hopefully it'll be onto finishing the series correctly by bringing all the planned stories to life. One can dream...

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Son of Dathomir is screaming to be released in full animated form, and it probably exists, at least partially. The comics were good, but it felt like so much was being left out. Likewise, how much of the core audience picked up the comics?! I really hope its not limited to 12 episodes, and they truly finish what they started.

21. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Or Sauron.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I feel like 12 new episodes alone of Clone Wars is Disney being generous, especially when it was canceled back in 2013 and they are already on full force with other animated ideas.

Admittedly its all probably a tactic for introducing their streaming service.

23. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    My thoughts exactly a comic can not cover or do such a story justice and I imagine most casual viewers won't have read the comic so will still be wondering why Palpatine spared Maul.

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I can see what you guys mean on the missing piece with Son of Dathomir. One other thing they could do though is during the Siege of Mandalore arc, have Maul describe the events and show flashbacks to that story arc to catch up viewers with what happened in that arc.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh it’s definitely all about the streaming service. A good tactic to use.