main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Hey, if this is all a marketing tactic, than I'm down for some more.

2. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    You could call this streaming service and Hulu, a physical "World between worlds" but for entertainment. Wondering if that concept from Rebels originally came up in the Sith temple arc and that was Palpatine's second attempt to enter it after fighting Yoda in the Lost Missions.

3. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I think it could lead to more. Hopefully Disney is getting the idea that some of their ideas about the GFFA are not resonating with a portion of the fan base. That discerning group believe real Star Wars comes from GL, or at least somebody steadfast in their adherence to George's ideas. It would certainly behoove Disney with those folks (myself included) to dole out all the bits they have left that came from the maker over time.

4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    And when those run out?

5. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    They're obviously more interested in developing original material, which is all good and proper. People like me can stay more enthusiastic and engaged if we have a little taste of the old school here and there along the way.

6. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Ey, fair enough dude.[face_peace]

7. Tammy Mac

Tammy Mac Jedi Knight

Dec 10, 2013
    From the trailer, it pretty much confirms the Bad Batch arc, and The Siege of Mandalore, leaving only one arc unconfirmed (that is if the 12 episodes are presented in the original 22 minute format, and not doubled up to 44, or presented as TV movies).

It's hard to choose which arc I would want in that third spot. To see Ventress's story play out, that would be great, but that two separate arcs meant for seasons 7 and 8 so it won't be that. My money is on either the Bounty Hunter Arc to tie in with the upcoming Boba Fett film, or it will be Maul related to bridge his final appearance in season 5 to The Siege of Mandalore, and explore his connections to the underworld. So, that would make Son of Dathomir a very likely prospect.

Of course, it is going to be far easier and cheaper to finish episodes that had reached that final cut animatic stage, than it would be to start a whole one from scratch which is what I assume they have done with Siege of Mandalore.

8. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    What if they shorten some arcs down to an episode or two? I bet they could do that with the SoD arc, maybe they will do it with another arc and we will get four in total or something? Also, as much as I think it is likely that BB and CC are the other two.... I would not put my money on it being a sure thing quite yet.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess I would say the other arc is most likely Crystal Crisis.

IHeartKenobi89 and B99 like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think a two-arc format is better. That could be me being selfish because it’s easier to watch a two-arc series when you only have an hour.

11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It would be nice if Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis fully animated were just extras and we really are getting 12 brand new episodes. Clone Wars is the most talked about series from comic con, I hope Disney are taking this on board and considering giving us more arcs.

12. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    This is great news.

I've always hoped though; That The Clone Wars would conclude with a TV movie. I mean the Barman animated show has spinned off very successful t.v. movies for example.

A second Clone Wars movie would be a far superior proposition. And a lot of the original 'target' Clone Wars fans (8-12?), are now more or less adults, so the film could perhaps be pushed into more mature themes.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Really? I for one would like an appearance by Caleb, as well the Grand Inquisitor when he still was a Jedi. How did Luminara cope with her apprentice turning to the Dark Side? And, I know this is a very long shot, but I still want to see what happened to Barriss Offee. In my own "head canon" she is the Seventh Sister.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. Let their own other works tie with Rebels, TCW or whatever.

TCW wasn't conceived with any Disney production in mind and I hope the intention is to remain faithful to what they created years ago with Lucas.

15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Star Wars wasn't conceived with any sequels in mind, and I hope the intention is to remain faithful to what they created originally.

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    First off, great to know that the show come back with fully animated material. As for the episodes, since there will be 12 of them and judging by the trailer clips, I suppose it will be the Utapau, Bad Batch & Siege Of Mandalore arcs with each one being 4 episodes (the first two are natural choices since they are around halfway complete and the third has been talked about a lot so it's an obvious choice).

I do hope that these episodes won't be the very last ones and that there will be more of the canceled arcs coming later on; I think they deserve to be completed and see the light of day, maybe especially those that were into production.

17. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I don't think that it will be BB or Utapau at all (although I liked them). I think the only reason that the Base from Bad Batch was in the trailer is that they had some material almost finished and could easily use it for the trailer.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    False. It was conceived with sequels in mind but also to work as a standalone adventure.

IHeartKenobi89 and BadCane like this.
  19. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Citation?

Edit: Doing a bit of research, the stories I find the most are that George wrote the first three movies with sequels being contingent on the success of Star Wars, the entire six movies being written at the same time then cut into six movies, and the movies being written as they were made.

Hard to get a clear answer since there's a lot of conflicting information.

20. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Even Lucas contradicted himself several times.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I really don’t think the bad batch or crystal crisis arcs are it. If they did that it defeats the all new 12 episodes that they posted. I’m thinking we are getting bounty hunter arc, siege of mandalore arc, and that Jedi/sith shrine arc. Ashoka was to return back to the Jedi order after that one

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    i'm fine every way

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Are you sure she was supposed to return completely to the Jedi Order? All canon to date (including Rebels and the Ahsoka novel) have her being permanently excommunicated from the Order through the post-PT period.

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    She wasn't going to return fully to the order during this arc, she'd just doing her own investigation as far as I know. She does get her lightsabers back in the Siege of Mandalore, and her rank as Commander restored, but it's not a formal restoration of her Jedi status at that point.

IHeartKenobi89 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ah ok I thought so. I think seeing how she had given up on using her lightsabers and then got them back again would be a great moment to watch in the new episodes.