main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    We'll use this thread for posting news, views and info regarding the upcoming TV series.

On Matt Wood's F/B page, he's posted a link to an interview he and Dave Accord did for a US news station, regarding the sound effects of Star Wars:

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=38079@kovr.dayport.com

Matt gave up a cool bit of info about the upcoming series - it will kick off with a 4 episode story arc involving General Grievous!!!

Sweet!![face_dancing] :D =D=

2. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks to comingsoon.net for the details on the first couple of episodes:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (p) "AMBUSH"
    Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the war.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" (p) "RISING MALEVOLENCE"
    Creating panic throughout the galaxy, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

According to comingsoon.net's reports, Cartoon network is airing theses two episodes back-to-back!! A full HOUR of TCW!!! wha...???!! And they say the same for each Friday as well. Not sure if the same rule applies to CTV's schedule - let's hope![face_praying]

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Nice that would be a great idea to show the previous episode before the new one so anyone can jump into the show. It would be great if CTV does the same but guess we'll have to see man this show can't come fast enough.

Thanks for the info [face_dancing].

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Apparently the SpaceChannel is premiering TCW on October 10th (a week later than the US premiere). So we'll have two chances to watch it!

No word yet on CTV's air date for the premiere....

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Clone_Wars_On_Canadian_TV_115092.asp

5. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello All

I found this preview on the cartoon network. Clip is in the video section

Click here to go to the site and navigate to the video section.

This looks a great as the movie.

Darth Paul

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Are all the episodes going to be 3/4 arcs or are there some stand-alones?

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I've read and heard (from various interviews with Filoni and other cast members) that there will be a mixture of both. Some stand alones and some that will span more than one episode (1-2 episodes, or 2-3 episodes, etc).

8. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    That's what I heard too about the shows and I think the space channel thing is going to be like what they have in the US. Were cartoon network shows them first then tnt shows the repeat later in the week in case you missed it. Because will ctv show the recap episode before the new one like cartoon network? are we going to get an hour of clone wars each week? guess we'll wait and see.

9. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Set up your PVRs, not sure if this aired before, but here is the info:

Inside Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    No Episode Title A behind-the-scenes look at the first animated Star Wars feature.
    46 SPACEC Mon 9/22 2:30 AM

Darth Paul

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    WOW!!

Did you guys check out TCW series pics from eni.com?? (posted on TF.N's main page) Freakin' AWESOME!! Mon Cal Jedi, Anakin in what looks like a Luke-ish Tatooine shawl, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon...and so much more!!

http://i.enewsi.com/g/image.php?aid=&mode=album&album=Entertainment%2FThe_Clone_Wars_TV_Series&start=0

11. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    SSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    So according to Canada.com (see TF.N's main page for the article), CTV will air the episodes Sunday nights at 7 PM - and looks like it's gonna be the STAR WARS HOUR, with previous episode airing just before the new. No word yet on the premiere date though :mad:
    But Space Channel is confirmed to be airing it starting October 10th. Because they usually air new shows one week after the original air date, I'm gonna assume CTV will begin airing TCW on Oct 5th.

13. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello

The Clone Wars will premier on Oct 5th.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20080602/home-starwars-clonewars/20080602/

Darth Paul

14. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    TCW is going to be on channel 217 in HD for those that subscribe to Shaw HD. Also it will be on at 5:00 pm.

I have already set up my PVR!!!

Darth Paul

15. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    I just saw the video clip off Star Wars and its !!!!!AWESOME!!!! Can't wait until it comes out on TV Yeah!

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    SWEET!!

17. PADAWAN-JOHN68

Apr 27, 2008
    I think we should start a count down on the TV series of the Clone Wars.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Did you guys read about TCW movie DVD release?? Nov 11th is gonna be awesome!!

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20080925.html

First Star Wars release on Blu-ray - yay!!!

19. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Gonna be sweet and the countdown clock is on the main page of our site. Just over a week left!!!!!!.

20. PADAWAN-JOHN68

Apr 27, 2008
    Can't wait to buy the DVD when it comes out !!!!!Yahoo!!!!!

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Think Canadian BB or Future Shop will get that Steel Box DVD version?

22. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    TCW preview on Cartoon Network last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcn0dGBYiwI

AWESOME!!!

(EDIT - apparently this is only the first part - if you find the other parts please POST!)

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Some tidbits regarding the first two episodes:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/20081001news.html

Is it Sunday yet?? [face_dancing] [face_hypnotized] =P~

24. PADAWAN-JOHN68

Apr 27, 2008
    not yet? I will let you know how it is on Friday I will see it on the boomerang cartoon net work this Friday October 3/08 I will be recording that night lucky me

25. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    I just saw a Clone Wars commercial on CTVHD. IT WAS AWESOME!!! I rewound it a few times, made the kids and wife watch it.

Best part of it is when they show Yoda running with his sabre out. I can't wait.

Darth Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.