main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    3 more days!!!

Darth Paul

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    excerpt from this weeks SW Homing Beacon:

Welcome back to the Homing Beacon, the official Star Wars email Newsletter

Delving into an all-new adventure every week, Star Wars: The Clone Wars provides a high-spirited and richly expanded look into the Star Wars universe. In just the first few episodes, viewers will see the broad scope of the series, through characters and stories only touched upon in the live-action films.

"This is an enormously vast galaxy, and the Clone Wars affect almost every corner of it," explained Dave Filoni, supervising director. "We can finally show the adventure, heroism, treachery and intrigue that was happening throughout the conflict. Now that Star Wars is no longer constrained by the Skywalker saga, the possibilities are as limitless as the universe itself. I'm excited to take fans into aspects of Star Wars that haven't yet been explored on-screen."

Told in half-hour chapters, the weekly format gives Filoni and Lucasfilm Animation an opportunity to focus more intensely on individual aspects of the Star Wars Saga -- from the epic space battles and dynamic lightsaber duels to the noble philosophies of the Jedi Knights. At the same time, Filoni said, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will uncover new adventures and fresh perspectives on classic Star Wars conventions.

Among the stories explored in the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars:

*Jedi Master Plo Koon -- a character barely glimpsed in the feature films -- rises to prominence as he discovers a mysterious threat that could cause immense destruction -- and the evil secret behind it.
    *Ambushed by Ventress and her droid army, Jedi Master Yoda teaches his clone companions that the Force touches all living things and that hope is never lost.
    *On a distant planetary outpost, a squadron of rookie clone troopers find themselves struggling to survive and also learn the meaning of sacrifice.
    *The Bothan home planet of Bothawui, never before seen on screen, comes to the forefront as a heroic ally falls prey to the sinister plot of General Grievous, and his friends must fight to rescue him.
    *Senator Padmé Amidala faces a life-threatening showdown with her nemesis, Separatist Viceroy Nute Gunray, the victim of ultimate deception by the leader of a desperate planet.

"The Clone Wars are a time of enormous struggle and also great heroism," Filoni said. "As a longtime Star Wars fan, it is exciting to be able to bring these stories to life, stories we've only wondered about. We're going to learn just why the Clone Wars become the stuff of legend in the Star Wars galaxy."

3. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Also, new Clone Wars web-comics are now up!

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/comic/

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Sweet! Taking the train will be so much more bearable now[face_dancing]

Clone Wars will be available on iTunes, starting tomorrow!!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Clone_Wars_Series_Available_On_iTunes_118284.asp

I need a larger capacity iPod now...[face_thinking]

5. JKCY47

JKCY47 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2007
    AAARRRGGHHH!!! I hate the fact that I feel like I'm living on the forest moon of endor in northern BC in a rig camp. Man, I hope that someone tapes the episodes. I can't wait to return and watch them.

6. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    If you have internet acess why don't you just download it and watch it? I live in Calgary and I want to download it right now because I don't want to wait 2 days...

7. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Hmm... I just checked the CTV TV guide, and it says that Clone Wars only has a half hour time slot.:( Pity. Well, it's still Star Wars every week, and it starts tonight!!!:D

8. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    A great first 2 episodes!!!

Saaaaaaawweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I noticed this on thursday and was pissed off enough I email CTV saying they are a joke for only doing 1 episode. Who even watches Degrassi. Give us the extra episode.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    YAY!!! Clone Wars today!!!!

T-minus 4 hours and 24 mins...

11. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Looks like we only get one episode :(

12. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    "In the end, cowards are those, who follow the Dark Side" - Master Yoda.

Lots of great Yoda action in this one!

13. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Or just watch it in streaming video here!

Loving the stories and where they are going with it...especially "humanizing" the clones...

14. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Hi guys, I just found this part of the boards today. Do you know if we will get the second episode next week, and if so, will it be on Space first? I was really mad at CTV when I sat down to watch a full hour of TCW goodness and they show degrassi instead.:mad:

15. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    That was so awesome!

I cant wait for more!

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Spectacular! Yoda is KING!

Sucks that CTV only aired the first episode and so it looks like they'll be running a week behind the American broadcast. No - Space is also running a week behind and will be airing the first episode on Friday and Saturday. Canada gets screwed over :mad:

Thankfully, you can download the episodes via the internet.

Plo Koon and his clones - awesome!! INCREDIBLE episode!! Clones in space!!=D=

As predicted, Lucasfilm, Filoni and crew are knocking TCW outta the park!! Star Wars goodness every week? Does it get any better??!!!:D

17. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Well after seeing the first 2 episodes last night all I can say is WOW!!!! loved every minute of it. Enjoyed the Yoda story was nice to see the little green machine in action and full of wisdom. Loved the scene where he took Ventress's sabers and then through them back to her awesome.

Episode 2 I thought was better then the first one as it featured a Jedi we only saw briefly in the movies finally in action. This show is only going to get better with each episode as characters we know will be more defined and it seems like there will be more introduced.

All in all this show will ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

18. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    This show is so awesome!!!!

19. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    This is the best TV EVAR!!! Me and the kids watched it, and the kids have never sat so quietly together before. Youngest was glued to the screen.

fyi, we haven't seen episode 2 yet, waiting to see on Sunday. So, no spoilers, please. thanks

Darth Paul

20. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    The show was quite, quite entertaining, but the thing that made my inner 8 year-old jump up and down was to hear Yoda do his little Empire cackle. The series had pretty much sold me up to that point, but that sealed the deal. :D

~StacyD

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    New from Starwars.com!

Go Beyond the Episode with Exclusive Online Content

Also in the guide are links to exclusive video: see a trailer for the episode before it airs, and take a look behind-the-scenes with a commentary video after it airs. These commentaries are short videos featuring Supervising Director Dave Filoni as he showcases a specific subject from an episode. For the first two episodes, see the evolution of the coral moon of Rugosa, or find out how Plo Koon got his voice.

StarWars.com will also have regular weekly tie-in content to expand the television story of each episode. After watching an episode, check out its Episode Guide -- a detailed one-stop info-source with an in-depth act-by-act synopsis, facts on cast and crew, notes on Easter eggs and trivia, galleries of stills and behind-the-scenes art, and links to interviews and databank entries. But beware! Spoilers abound, so if you haven't seen the episode, proceed with caution.

Also in the guide are links to exclusive video: see a trailer for the episode before it airs, and take a look behind-the-scenes with a commentary video after it airs. These commentaries are short videos featuring Supervising Director Dave Filoni as he showcases a specific subject from an episode. For the first two episodes, see the evolution of the coral moon of Rugosa, or find out how Plo Koon got his voice.

On the Monday before each episode airs, a new chapter is added to the exclusive online web comic. Artists Jeff Carlisle, Katie Cook, Grant Gould, and Thomas Hodges take turn illustrating a new mini-comic written by Pablo Hidalgo, setting the stage for the forthcoming episode. Also, keep an ear out for HoloNet News. This news source comes direct from the Star Wars universe, and reports on events from across the various battlefronts of the Clone Wars. It is available as a downloadable MP3 from StarWars.com or from iTunes.

...and yes! We (in Canada) can watch the episodes (including episode 2) NOW!

22. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I tried at work to view the episode and can't. Maybe cause we have Telus for internet here.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Bugger! It worked for me before lunch but won't work now....:mad:

24. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Just watched Episode 3 the Shadow of Malevolence, yet another great episode. Loving Master Plo, I hope in the conclusion to this three parter that he fights Grievous, with no lightsaber action in this episode it leaves me wanting for more. I quite enjoy the battle droids they are entertaining and expensive.

Also the new South Park that aired last Wednesday took a few stabs at George Lucas and Steven Speilberg mostly Indy stuff but there is a stormtrooper in it as well...

25. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Episode 3 - my fav so far!! So MUCH awesomeness to comment on!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.