main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh yeah - Jedi and more Jedi!! Rewatched Ep 2 before watching Ep 3 - this series just gets better and better! I must admit the deaths have me sucking in my breath with dismay - cold blooded murder in Rising Malevolence. Shocking and sad. But war isn't pretty and I'm grateful that the series isn't shirking away from displaying just how awful it is.

Ep 3 was fantastic! Love the Y-wings!! Loved seeing the medical base and a Kaminoan too :)

2. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    Just saw Ambush... holy small, shriveled, green one with a lightsaber! I like how the troopers just sit back and let him go at it... funny. The animated saber spins are suprisingly accurate too. Impressive... most impressive. May we finally have some TV that rivals Battlestar? I think so. I give it two sabers up!

3. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    You actually compared TCW to .... Battlestar??? [face_sick] That's just so....WRONG.

While the episodes are apparently blocked for us from the official site, you CAN view the extras (episode previews, commentaries, and web-comics). LOTS of good stuff there!

4. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    I meant that now there are two reasons to turn on the TV. I'm not trying to compare... I was trying to subversively point out that there hasnt been anything on the television worth watching other than Battlestar up until now. I guess my dry wit doesnt translate to text well... A positive comment it was... nothing more... (insert neurotic chuckling here).
    May the Force be with us all this TV season!

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    <rubs hands in anticipation>

New episode in just a few days!!!(or tomorrow if you know where to look o_O)

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Re-watching Shadow of Malevolence was great yesterday!! It stings even more when they introduce more clones, give them names and personalities - and then kill them off. Poor Matchstick.....[face_worried] And targeting the wounded - Greivous is EVIL!

But it just goes to show you that it's no holds barred in this series! Hopefully with the introduction of the Y-wings, we'll get to see the evolution of the ship and many others to come. Be sure and read the web comics before each episode - it really adds to the story. Like how in this episode, the Y-wings have still not been fully tested, but Anakin commandeers them for the fight. Which is why the pilots might've not been completely comfortable in piloting them.

The nebula rays were spectacular! It true Star Wars form, they introduce incredible creatures and places. Notice how these rays were very similar (if not same) to the tiny creatures that landed on Yoda's arm in the first episode??

Ahsoka 'That one looks hungry!'
    Anakin 'Nah. He's just smilin' at ya.'

LOVE IT!!!

And for those of us who watched the next episode 'Destroy Malevolence' - think Obi Wan was great in TCW movie? In this episode, he continues to show us why HE IS THE JEDI MASTER!! [face_devil]

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Have to agree with everything echseven said about the show bad a$$ all around. It seems with each episode this show gets better and better sky's the limit with this show. Really love General Grievous just pure evil and I love it when be smashes droids. This weeks episode had essential star wars in it and that being EPIC SPACE BATTLES nuff said.

As for the fourth episode with Obi-Wan in it what can you say but he is the best jedi ever. If you haven't seen it yet your in for an awesome episode as he's as cool as they come.

Series is awesome bring on the next episode!!!!.

8. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Another GREAT episode, though I am a little disappointed that the Malevolence only lasted a 3-episode story arc. Obi-Wan and Anakin teaming up again was great! *LOL* I laughed at the 'game' of "Frogger" inside the Malevolence!!

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The web-comic for this week's episode (in the US) ROOKIES is up on starwars.com!

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Rookies was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! But Poor Heavy........ There was so much getting shot in the face this episode. It was crazy.

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Once again, another fantastic episode!! Loved it![face_love] Love the banter between Anakin and Obi Wan (when Anakin mimics Obi Wan's voice - hilarious!). Rex and Cody were awesome - the banter between them is so reminiscent of Anakin and Obi Wan's comraderie. And seeing that the Clones do take on the characteristics of their Jedi Generals is really cool.

I saw a commercial on Space that said they wouldn't be airing CW episode this week -that episodes would air again starting Nov 7th. According to PadawanJohn, Cartoon Network said the same thing - so no new episode this week :_|

However, CTV didn't mention skipping this week, so perhaps Canadian TV will actually catch up to the US broadcast - keep your fingers crossed!![face_praying]

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Yep again my PVR didn't want to record CW. CTV has it set as a repeat. WTF??? Oh well my PVR is now set to record everything CW. and I'll delete any crap later.

CTV has Rookies on the schedule for next week. So hopefully they catch up.

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    CTV still has Rookies listed for Sunday - we just might get caught up this weekend after all!![face_dancing]

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Downfall of a Droid - another great episode! Anakin's maneuver to outwit Separatist forces was awesome ;) R2 1, Assasin Droid 0!! Clever monkey!! Apparently there's some talk of R3 being a spy .....I'm curious to know how they'd know that R2 carried vital information?? Perhaps they know of Anakin's special relationship with R2? Would that then mean they have other spies in the Republic forces?? Thought Obi Wan's reaction to finding out R2's memory was not erased a little cold [face_worried] But I guess that why he doesn't remember R2 in ANH - all droids 'look' the same to him. A true Jedi has no attachments...

'Gramps' - LOL!!! And I really dug the music of this episode! I like that they're trying new sounds and not re-hashing the traditional stuff. A new series deserves new music [face_whistling]

I thought this was a 2 part-er, but according to CTV, Downfall is part one of a 3 episode arc.

More, I say! I want more!![face_hypnotized] :-B :D

15. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Yeah, that whole bit with Obi-Wan really left me cold. I mean, this is the same R2 unit that saved his life during the blockade of Naboo, you think a smidge of gratitude wouldn't have been completely out of the question. Reminds me how much I dislike the Jedi dogma of detachment. And Ahsoka's efforts to ingratiate R3 to Anakin was just so completely out of character(no, don't be attached to the droid you've known off and on for ten years, but oooooh! Lookit this one isnthethecutestEVER!).Yes, it's all well and good to be as impartial as you can, but there's a time for that and a time when your friends are in trouble. When that time comes I'm definitely on the Anakin side of the matter.

Oh, and this exchange?

"You should listen to your Padawan."

"As you did yours, my old master? No. We fight."

Awesome.

Fun ep, I definitely want more.

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Surfing around I happen to find a list of all TCW episodes this season. Some sound really good. I can't wait to see them all

1x01 : Ambush
    1x02 : Rising Malevolence
    1x03 : Shadow of Malevolence
    1x04 : Destroy Malevolence
    1x05 : Rookies
    1x06 : Downfall of a Droid
    1x07 : Duel of the Droids
    1x08 : Bombad Jedi
    1x09 : Cloak of Darkness
    1x10 : Lair of Grievous
    1x11 : Dooku Captured
    1x12 : The Gungan General
    1x13 : Jedi Crash
    1x14 : Defenders of Peace
    1x15 : Trespass
    1x16 : Hidden Enemy
    1x17 : Blue Shadow Virus
    1x18 : Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    1x19 : Hostage Crisis
    1x20 : Storm Over Ryloth
    1x21 : Innocents of Ryloth
    1x22 : Liberty on Ryloth

Lair of Grievous and Dooku Captured sounds interesting.

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    BINKS!! [face_devil]

18. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Binks. . .we meet again.

19. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Downfall of a droid was awesome R2 is bad a$$ and the space battle at the begining of the episode was crazy good. I mean come on AT-TE's on a asteroid that was sweet and I do agree with Stacy on the Obi-Wan being cold just didn't seem right.

But another great episode in an already amazing series and I do believe this is just a 2 episode story arc. I can't wait for the 8th episode BRING ON THE BINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

20. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Yesssss! Bombad Jedi indeed!!!! Meesa cannot be waitin!

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Droid Duel - saawwweeetttt!

Ahsoka is going to make an awesome Jedi Knight! NO FEAR!!!!!!

22. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    WOW this weeks episode was too sweet Grievous is awesome and I love him more and more in every episode he is in. Ashoka is great to as she duels with Grievous and shows she has no fear just like Anakin sweet. Droid fight nuff said R2 kicks a$$ even though it is tough to see him when he's taken apart but that doesn't stop him in the end.

Best episode so far but that will change again next week most likely as this is AWESOME STAR WARS!!!!.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I wholeheartedly concur!! Simply fantastic episode!! Every time I think, what could they possibly do to make this series better? they astound me =D=

Grievous murdering Gha Nahkt - stone cold :eek:
    R2 in pieces made my heart clench [face_worried]
    Ahsoka taking on Grievous - yeah, that girl is fearless! Her little move that costs Grievous his hand was swift and clever. She takes after her master indeed o_O
    Anakin, Ahsoka and the Clones freefalling towards the battlesphere - AWESOME!
    Rex having to carry R3 [face_laugh]

Filoni and crew are doing us all proud in building a fantastic piece of SW history. I feel very lucky to be able to watch and in a small way, be a part of it every weekend :D

Next week double J B is in da house - ya boi!

24. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    YEAH BINKS MUTHA@#$#%%$^&^*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The web-comic is up on starwars.com for 'Bombad Jedi'. And as a great tie-in, the comic features 'Dannl Faytonni' and 'Achk Med-Beq' from EP2!!!

LOL -so perfect!!![face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.