main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clovis Trilogy (6.05-6.07) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think there might have been a time before I really got into Star Wars, which heh is a more recent thing for me than alot of you granted its been a few years now, where I thought Padme was cool. I used to have a friend back then who died of breast cancer and was nicknamed Padme so I feel back when I trash talk Padme. I really want to like Padme and find her awesome in my friends memory. Infact I would welcome it if someone could teach me how to like Padme. But I'm just not that fond of her from AOTC onward. She is just too idealistic, an airhead, and a hypocrite.

16hungm likes this.
  2. 16hungm

16hungm Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2014
    Guys I just watched Crisis at the heart again AND I NOTICED THAT AFTER THORN TOLD HER TO GET TO A SHIP, she just stood there and did nothing. Only after all the clones were killed did she ask the Chancellor for help, she did not even bother trying. This is a blatant waste of the clone's lives.

3. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Just watched this arc. Need a couple questions clarified.
    So now what bank does the CIS use? (Must tie with multiple banks in the galaxy like Aaragua's, Muunilinist's)
    Why would they have been so concerned with this one (if there are multiple banks)?
    Why did Dooku and the CIS retreat at the end? Why did they even invade to begin?
    San Hill, like Gunray, is considered to be leading a 'separatist' sect of the Banking Clan, correct?

Sudooku likes this.
  4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Aargau is nominally on the side of the Republic during the Clone Wars, with a significant clone trooper garrison stationed on the planet for "peacekeeping" purposes due to suspicions that the Banking Clan was manufacturing Hailfire droids on the world in the war's early days. Palpatine's decision to deem Mygeeto as one of the must-defeat CIS worlds of the so-called "Triad of Evil" not long after the events of these episodes, ramping up the year-long operations on the world during the Outer Rim Sieges suggests that Mygeeto's become the CIS' de facto port of call for the Banking Clan, with Muunilist, Aargau, and Scipio all occupied.

Scipio seems to be where the Banking Clan's moved its operations after the fall of Muunilist and the devastation incurred to Harnaidan during the Republic assault.

Dooku had the Confederacy move in to take Scipio shortly after Clovis' ascension in order to project the false image that Clovis had been in league with the CIS all along, and was turning control of the IBC over to the Confederacy. Once the Republic took the bait and moved in for the attack, the job was done and Dooku could depart, allowing the Grand Army to claim victory for the Republic and deliver control of the Banking Clan over to the Office of the Supreme Chancellor, just as Palpatine had planned.

Yes, which is why he was taken into Republic custody by Obi-Wan Kenobi following the fall of Muunilist, though he was able to escape his incarceration later in the war.

5. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    That's a big concern I have about the show. Yes, it's interesting to note that the banks/guilds are corrupt, but isn't San Hill still the Chairman of IGBC? Isn't Gunray still the Viceroy of the TF? Isn't Wat Tambor Foreman of the Techno Union? Aren' the leaders of these guilds/banks the heads of the Separatists? It seems like the portions of the guilds/banks still allied with the Republic are the 'separatist' sects as their presidents have sworn allegiance to the Separatists.
    How can these banks/guilds even be considered neutral if they have representation in the Republic Senate? Unless they're maintainting their neutrality by having leaders in both the Separatists and the Republic. (Lott Dodd in the Republic. Gunray in the Separatists, for example)
    One thing that must always be remembered is that the Separatists aren't just the banks/guilds. They're thousands of systems.

It makes sense the Separatists have backup banks. But now it seems more confusing. Aaragua was Republic. Muunilinst and Mygeeto were CIS. Now Scipio was neutral?

So then does Dooku know Sidious is Palpatine if he knew the plan was to ultimately give the bank to the Republic? What are some sources that verify this? What do the Separatists not named Dooku or Sidious think of this? (Must be they were lied to and the Republic invaded)

In Rise of Clovis, Typho walks in just after Anakin and Clovis conclude their fight. Typho suspects there's a problem. Clovis doesn't turn Anakin in. Is this because Clovis realized his mistake in trying to put Padme against her will?

6. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    In the deleted Luke-Biggs scene from ANH, Biggs talks about the Empire "nationalizing commerce" and taking over the Lars' moisture farm. Interesting how that fits the ending of this arc, in which the banking clan is nationalized.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I love how at the end of this arc, Padme is the one who says sorry to Anakin, and he goes, "It's okay.". You ****, Anakin, you should be the one apologising!

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You should apologize for this thread necromancy

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I may go watch this one again.

On mute, because most of the dialogue was horrible.

But Anakin punching out Clovis was sooooo enjoyable.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I didnt really like this arc , plus the ending was left like an unresolved mystery with little hope in it being resolved cause Palpatine cannot be defeated until ROTJ. Looked like an episode made just to show Anakin have a proto-Vader moment and the storyline was made up around him losing his temper and being jealous like's an insecure bf that is always worrying if Padme had sex with Clovis before they married to worrying about them making out again. Looked like a missed opportunity as I think it wouldve been more interesting had they tied Clovis in with Darth Plagueis' alter ego, like he couldve been the adoptive father and it could explain why Sidious went to such great personal lengths to eliminate him as a rival and destroy his support among the Muuns. Clovis also came across as more the man, as he didnt rat out Anakin after Anakin used his Jedi powers and martial arts skills to beat the guy to death outve jealousy and rage. Not only would Anakin get kicked out've the order, but he'd be arrested. Anakin never really returns the kindness, it seeking out the true culprits even after doubting Clovis intentionally did what he did as his character at one point in the episode. Even at the end , Clovis takes his own life and commits a selflish act and falls to his death inorder for Anakin to save Padme and himself. Padme all of sudden is apologizing to Anakin, who in most of this episode was a boiling egg that someone was playing with the temperature of the stove so couldnt make up its mind. Plus everyone is a rush to judge Clovis. Clovis himself comes off as an idiot for walking into Dooku's blackmail, Dooku isnt one known for honor at this point in the war. Plus Clovis knows the Separatists are corrupt and loaded with thugs. It is also hard to fathom how this planet wasnt invaded robbed even by Cad Bane and a group of Bounty Hunters, as they have no real planetary defenses or army, just a few dolts with stun sticks acting as security. Moreover Sidious already shadow controlled the Bank cause it was loaded with Separatists cronies, all of a sudden now he wants to openly control it as Palpatine and were someone like Clovis pops up for convenience scapegoating.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't seen it yet - but I've read a summary of it in The Official Fact File (this week's issue), and the idea of Padme actually leaving Anakin for a while raised my eyebrows quite a bit.

That said - the two novelizations of ROTS do have Anakin worried that she may have found someone else, during their reunion - which may make more sense now that this arc exists:

The Stover novel:

"Anakin, not here. It's too risky."
    "No, here! Exactly here." He drew her against him again, effortlessly overpowering her halfhearted resistance. "I'm tired of the deception. Of the sneaking and the lying. We have nothing to be ashamed of! We love each other, and we are married. Just like trillions of beings across the galaxy. This is something we should shout, not whisper—"
    "No, Anakin. Not like all those others. They are not Jedi. We can't let our love force you out of the Order—"
    "Force me out of the Order?' He smiled down at her fondly. 'Was that a pun?"
    "Anakin—" He could still make her angry without even trying. "Listen to me. We have a duty to the Republic. Both of us—but yours is now so much more important. You are the face of the Jedi, Anakin. Even after these years of war, many people still love the Jedi, and it's mostly because they love you, do you understand that? They love the story of you. You're like something out of a bedtime tale, the secret prince hidden among the peasants, growing up without ever a clue of his special destiny—except for you it's all true. Sometimes I think that the only reason the people of the Republic still believe we can win the war is because you're fighting it for them—"
    "And it always comes back to politics for you," Anakin said. His smile had gone now. "I'm barely even home, and you're already trying to talk me into going back to the war—"
    "This isn't about politics, Anakin, it's about you."
    "Something has changed, hasn't it?" Thunder gathered in his voice. "I felt it, even outside. Something has changed."
    She lowered her head. "Everything has changed."
    "What is it? What?" He took her by the shoulders now, his hands hard and irresistibly powerful. "There's someone else. I can feel it in the Force! There is someone coming between us—"
    "Not the way you think," she said. "Anakin, listen—"
    "Who is it? Who?"
    "Stop it. Anakin, stop. You'll hurt us."
    His hands sprang open as though she had burned them. He took an unsteady step backward, his face suddenly ashen. "Padme—I would never—I'm so sorry, I just—" He leaned on the pillar and brought a hand weakly to his eyes. "The Hero With No Fear. What a joke... Padme, I can't loseyou. I can't. You're all I live for. Wait..." He lifted his head, frowning quizzically. "Did you say, us?"
    She reached for him, and he came to meet her hand. Rising tears burned her eyes, and her lip trembled. "I'm... Annie, I'm pregnant. . . "

The Wrede novel:

"Wait," she said. "Not here."
    "No, here!" Anakin said, reaching for her again. She didn't know how much he needed her right now—her calm acceptance, her love.She didn't know about Dooku. "I'm tired of this deception. I don't care that they know we're married."
    "Anakin, don't say things like that," Padme chided. "You're important to the Republic, to ending this war." She smiled reassuringly, as if she sensed his distress. "I love you more than anything," she said softly, "but I won't let you give up your life as a Jedi for me."
    "I've given my life to the Jedi Order," Anakin said slowly, meaning every word. "But I'd only give up my life for you."
    "I wouldn't like that," Padme said thoughtfully, and grinned at him. "I wouldn't like that at all." Anakin reached for her again, but she slipped away. "Patience, my handsome Jedi. Come to me later."
    She sidestepped again, but not quickly enough to avoid Anakin's Jedi reflexes. He held her closeand this time, with the pleasant shock of their meeting fading, he felt her trembling. "Are you all right?"
    "I'm just excited to see you," Padme said, but her voice was too high and she avoided his eyes.
    "That's not it." Disturbed, Anakin extended his Jedi senses. "I sense more. What is it? Tell me what's going on!"
    To his distress, Padme began to cry. "You've been gone five months," she said through her tears. "It's been very hard for me. I've never felt so alone. There's—"
    Anakin could stand it no longer. There was only one thing he could think of that Padme would be so reluctant to tell him. "Is there someone else?"
    To his surprise—and relief—Padme stopped crying. "No!" she said, with an angry sincerity that was impossible to mistake. "You still don't trust me, but nothing has changed."
    But there was a change; he could sense it even more clearly now. "It's ... just that I've never seen you like this."
    "Nothing's wrong." Padme turned away for a moment, then looked back at him. "Something wonderful has happened." She hesitated, and Anakin thought, Wonderful? Then why are you so frightened? Why were you crying? And then she took a deep breath and went on. "I'm ... Annie, I,m pregnant."

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Padme has had other boyfriends prior to Anakin:

And he did get a little jealous and upset when she brought up Palo her crush at age 12. The EU had that Lago guy too.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Padme got around.