main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Codex09 GM Club ~Now Offering Game Analysis~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by LordTroepfchen, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh guys, you're still promoting Codex! Well, what an international movement, really!

I have good experiences with it. If you lack time for epic stuff, it´s a good way to do things.

Just wanted to drop in, say hi! And declare I'll be with you when you guys and girls analyse Lea Monde! LordT, got a PM form me.

Mel!

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah, we´re still in promotion. Rachel needs a little more time, so Padracer will be wrapped up and Lea Monde Analysis begins . . . we will post the paper once we have got her stuff.

So far I must say that endless, open-world games are not something I despise. But something I cannot do, due to my work-shedule. Codex is a way to keep busy guys like me in the RPF. Doing games. I think that´s a point largely overlooked. I never had the option to do another 128 ABY - TCG. Actually my one character, my small game and my club here is all I can do. Therefore I want the Codex to be understood as a great YES to the small games. For those who have no time for the big ones.

Otherwise, Rachel we´re waiting for you :D

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Looking forward to it! :D I'm actually really curious as to what you guys have to say about those games - funnily for different reasons - Podracer cause I missed joining, and Lea Monde cause I was in it. :p

4. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I am back and I´ll get back to work in my limited free time. It´s a lot of fun, actually. But Podracer was one long game, actually . . .

5. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Podracer-Analysis is done and ready to go up. I´ll postpone it anyway. I´ll postpone everything. Because there is something important I want to discuss with all german members, meaning all of you who got access to the Net or at least know what I mean by that.

You might guess what I am talking about. Yet, to not disturb things, I´d wait with this discussion until awards-season is over. Otherwise we might influence it and . . . we don´t wanna do that, do we? We owe so many great moments to it *tries not to drown in sarcasm*

Question. Here?--- Here? --- Or in the GROUP?

6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay *sighs* Let´s wait out the summer season and then let´s do it in the FF. It´s called Discussion Forum for German RPF Members. Sounds right for such a discussion, does it? And now, let´s take this to PMs. I am not to eager for publicity, you know?

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, seems most people agree. See you there in two weeks. Maybe there is development until then.

Our planned time-table after that:

1. Podracer Analysis
    2. RachelTyrell´s Narrative in Written Online Games
    3. The Game Challenge
    4. Lea Monde

Sounds like we are busy for the rest of the year [face_plain]

Or not.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, when shall we post our parts? As RachelTyrell is bakc and won´t be around forever, we should begin.

9. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Hello guys. I am here. I am ready. But I understand we are holdign back our stuff until we have a votum on the founding of a GMG? Fine with me.

Anyway, I´d say we could throw out the Podracer-Discussion. Just because I don´t see a fast decision and it is becoming old by now. I am half way through Lea Monde already and I am already spying for a new one . . .

Otherwise do we want to open the chat for others? Especially if we do not get a GMG?

-RachelTyrell

10. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    What does the Codex-Club think about a spin-off from Monomyth, regarding the mountain folk? In english (to reflect their unique language) and in the NSWRPF? I am ready to hear opinions.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay I gave it some thought. I would like to see the game/campaign/project/epic spread to the NSWRPF but I am concerned for two things.

1. We have loads of games here going for fantasy and you will fail because they´re established or ascend and ruin them. That a lot more fantasy works can co-exist is unlikely if you ask me.

2. The main game is done in german and french is it? Or in other words I can read all the attack plans concerning the mountain-people but nobody else can around here . . . except the other germans IF they know where to find your game anyway . . . there might really be a translation problem, except you do it as a very, VERY isolated story from the huge main-plot.

12. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Okay I am neither a member nor a believer of the Codex09 idea, but I am member of the addictive virus called Monomythos. Therefore I thought I´d raise my voice. And it says . . .

Oh no. I think it is far reaching, complicated enough as it is. One has to give up his job to study the situation as it is. If we have another warzone here, we might actually drown in DATA. And it´s specific linguistic charme comes from the german language. How would you translate Pezerson? Or Morded´s charming spells? And never have them appear is kind off betrayal also. Therefore I think we should keep Monomythos ans SWRPF divided.

I also want to remind of the sponsor idea. If we take content off-site we can forget about it.

My opinion. Otherwise hey people I have joined a game here! Yeah, I am in AFAS!

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, that´s someone we only see around on rare occassions. Welocme TGI.

And Monomythos. Oh I tihnk it is so much harder to keep games alive and running here. Why should you Mel? You got a working, fantastic working thing going on there.

If you would do it, I wonder what storyline have you envisioned for the Mountain Folks?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Care to study 41 ABY?

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I do believe you must first end it. Or is there any specific question? For such things we have special services.

Otherwise I think you might be done with it until we have done Lea Monde . . . but analysing an ongoing game would probably influence it a little tooooo much. But . . . WHEN do we post Podracer?

16. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I think we can analyse 41 ABY up to a certain point. Maybe the entering of Hoole? As we had the policy so far to not analyze games we´re playing in? If everybody agrees?

We finally know there will be a GMG and it will soon deal with many things we planned for this thread (due to a lack of other alternatives). The question is, to you Rachel and you Fin and you SithGirly and also others who have come to visit us from time to time . . . shall Codex09 end with the birth of GMG?

I think at least games development and games analysis should stay. Because the first one has still to proof itself, before we can say we don´t need private institutions for it and the second because I think there is no place for such a thing as games analysis anywhere else, is there?

Guys, girl, I await your say . . .

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    MY GMG could use the traffic, really and we are doing things over spin anyway, these days . . . so maybe we do the analysis and say farwell to this? Would be my take on it . . . if it doesn´t break any hearts.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *pokes head back in*

Waiting for me is fine. It's relatively close to being finished. Maybe Lord will have to forgo analysis of this one. ;)

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Indeed, as we haven´t even brought up the finished first analysis and are slowly beginning to pick Lea Monde apart, I really guess 41 ABY will be finished in time and we shall gladly analyse it. I think it makes a rather interesting object of analysis.

So, rachel? you voice on the future of this group is needed. Do we float it with all the material we have gathered or do we kill it and have it reborn inside the GMG, Theory-Central and so on . . . your say, really.

20. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    It really is up to you guys. You got my analysis of the first two games and I am pretty sure you can take it form here for 41 ABY or whatever comes then.

I guess we are more of a Chat-Group these days having more than one member who have no idea what the RPF is, but play elsewhere. Therefore and as nobody embraced the Codex09 over here, except those who did so before coming around, I´d say . . . let´s withdraw. Lock it. Don´t forget it. It has shown in the The Dark Odyssey finale, that beyond doubt, it has something to offer other games don´t have. But the lessons are maybe learned.

Let´s think about a Codex11 now :p

It is the result of a long process. But it might have fullfilled it´s purpose.

What we have gathered can be posted elsewhere.

My vote is: Lock it, if nobodies heart is in having a threat to post in here anymore. And meet you tonight. In the chat ;)

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Codex-11 is a go! :p

Okay, I see where you´re getting to. And I agree. German Thread, GMG and this one is one to many. But I am all for getting things back into the boards, instead of staying out of it. Therefore, any idea how we could do this, now that this attempt has failed?

Otherwise I feel fine with locking it. Go ahead, LordT.

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay Rachel. You want em too keep it open until you have posted your Essay?

23. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Actually I am unsure about my Essay and the RPF LordT. It seems to have found little audience and I think it might be a little to valuable for that. It has been made accessible on other boards (you know them, but I think the rules around here forbid to name them, do they?)

And it has spawned some discussion. There is no need to force it on the RPF. Look at Codex. It made little sense importing it. Importing things in the first place, actually. This community is pretty isolated by decision. Therefore I think it is the content coming from within´ the community that counts. I many ways, my language keeps me from ever being an insider.

So, therefore I pass this chance. You can do with my texts you got whatever you want. I will now type up a final post in 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey and another little thingy I came up with and leave . . . in style. :D

24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    (Just FYI: the rules frown upon blatant advertising of other sites, but mentioning/linking as part of a conversation is fair game. Otherwise everyone who has ever linked a youtube video would be in trouble. :p)

25. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Thanks, Xan. The other sites I talked about where rival RPing sites, actually. Therefore I considered it advertisment if I guide my readers to the other places like this. I did once and was edited, therefore . . . might be I am a slow learner but a learner I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.