main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode IV: A New Mutant (Congratulations BartSimpson-SithLord)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    yeah thanks....

but anyways...couldn't the good dr just throw witchblade around???

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    OK I can't figure out if the Witchblade is made of metal or if it is made of some other substance, kind of confused on that. Also it is a magical artifact, so one would think that magnetics may not effect the armor anyway. Hard to tell, but Polaris is the only real threat on the second trump IMO, Electro probably won't offer much help in this fight.

Darkness doesn't appear to be made of metal either, and the darklings would be running amuck causing chaos for both Electro and Polaris.

Winner: Darkness/Witchblade

PS: I am that new commish. [face_devil]

As Inty said, the plan at the moment is to finish this all star game up, then I will allow for a few days to discuss any changes that may be needed (most likely it will only be list changes, PL moves and additions etc....). Once we all come to an agreement on that stuff we can open the new thread, I am shooting for sometime next week.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's just get these out of the way first, then put up a new tally:

number 4

Angela TRUMPED with Kyle Rayner vs. Electro (forfeit)

Number 6

Witchblade (forfeit) vs. X-Man

Number 7

Kyle Rayner (forfeit) vs. Dr. Doom (Prepared)

so, we have ...

Krypton Conference All-Star Team (3) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (2)

Number 10

Annihilus vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Good lord, man! You trumped Kyle and Angie? Overkill FTW! Too bad it landed on teh forfeit.

And yay! Hal beats Annihilus, but now we're tied up with Spawn, Onslaught, Majestic and Reed left to go. Krypton all the way, baby!

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, too bad about that. I don't care if it was overkill, I wanted to be able to beat anyone on his team with it, and then get a good draw on the forfeit. They got the win, we got the forfeit on Doom. All good.

6. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Commish Despised, eh? Good Choice. Glad to have you holding the reins friend. [face_peace]

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Green Latern takes this.

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yes, he does, sadly. Oh and Dr. Polaris has neutralized magical objects before (Hal Jordan's ring).

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    GL rings are not magical. And wasn't the Doc prepared to some degree to pull that off? Wasn't it some device, or was it his own powers? I'm a bit fuzzy on that.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well all I have is Wiki but it sounded like it was his own powers. What are the rings if not magic?

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    If anything, they would have to be classified as tech.

The only ring that's magical is Alan Scott's ring, and he's not technically a GL. His is powered by the Starheart, which is a mystical source. The Oa power battery isn't mystical. It's more like a galactic willpower sponge.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So in other words, yet another construct DC doesn't bother to explain?

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Hal Jordan beats Annihilus.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Krypton Conference All-Star Team (3) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (3)

Number 2

Onslaught vs. Stryfe

I feel confident giving this one to Onslaught. If anyone really want to revisit it, we can.

Krypton Conference All-Star Team (4) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (3)

Number 2

Mr. Fanttastic (Prepared) vs. Darkseid

15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Wow. Is Reed so good that he can take out Darkseid? Well he's dealt with others that are around Darkseid's power level. I think prepared, he can.

Winner: Mr. Fantastic

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I think it would take much longer than 24 hours to find a weakness to exploit in Darkseid, even with prep time we have to consider that Reed never pulls off his feats alone, he is almost always with the rest of the Fantastic Four or working with other groups such as the Avengers.

Omega Beams FTW!

Winner: Darkseid

17. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    reed would need more then 24 hours to even try and find a weakness...this isn't even close

EDIT: congrats D1 on you new role as comish :)

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    But ... it's teh prep time, and teh Reed Richardz!11!!!1

if he sneakz up own dearkseide really qietly and raps arowned his hayed be4or he c's him, hel reflect the Omga Bems bak at dearkseide and killz him.

19. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hey, yodaminch still lives!
    um, are you guys firing up another one of these right away or what?

20. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Congrats BaSSiL and D1.

Darkseid wins that....tieing it up...Spawn saves the day. ;)

21. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Despised huh? Wow that's cool. This should be exciting, frist draft under Despised...hell first draft under anyone other than Inty. :p I look forward to getting this up and running for another round. I hope I can get a seat too, so I will be watching this thread and this forum like a hawk.
    With Despised being the new Commissioner (congrats by the way), who is going to fill his spot as the third official Judge? Inty, are you going to keep up your involvement or will you just be focused on VGD?

Anyway...

Onslaught and Stryfe huh? *giggles*
    Glad I could 'contribute' to our conference winning the All-Star line up.

um, are you guys firing up another one of these right away or what?
    Axel, you don't go back and read new posts do you? :p
    Despised said he was going to go ahead and finish this All-Star match, then have a short discussion period for the next draft about PL moves and such then some time next week, possibly, we will have the next draft.
    So I guess to answer your question it is the...'or what' option. ;)

22. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah I agree. I really wasn't too strong on Reed avoiding omega beams so I'll change my vote on that.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Krypton Conference All-Star Team (4) vs. Shi'ar Conference All-Star Team (4)

Number 8

Mr. Majestic vs. Plastic Man

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    The man altered Jupiter at the molecular level using his eyeballs! Plastic Man becomes Mayonnaise Man.

Krypton FTW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.