main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The Comic Book Draft Episode IX: Remaking the Cosmos [Now: Winner]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-548008-wonder-woman-fully-equiped-vs-thor-fully-equiped.html

Even though that thread gets retarded fast... it does put in perspective how IMBA WW is with full armor. Teleportation, Flight, 10x str, 10x durability, her gauntlets can now shoot Zeus lightning, sword of whoever that can cut electrons off...

With prep, WW can not only have time to plan an attack, she will have the speed str and stamina to execute.

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Wonder Woman: if she really gets all those goodies with prep, then she would definately win.
    Martian Manhunter
    The Incredible Hulk
    Nimrod TRUMPED with Bastion

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Goodness. All I really wanted was like, the sword and maybe a shield or somethin...

All the other stuff I can get down with, but the Gauntlets of Atlas is a bit much, similar to the Thorbuster armor for Ironman. Don't need to have that in a draft here.

4. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Honestly, even if you don't want those things, ww gets them. She uses them often and on the regular. With prep, she'd definetly get them.

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, Tony according to the storyline has had Thorbuster capability since... A long time. Does he get that? I mean, in a prior draft we already talked about that, and I'm pretty sure we said after that match he doesn't. I don't care about the other stuff, but the gauntlets of Atlas? Really? Ten times? TEN TIMES???

Like I said earlier, prep has gotten ALOT better than it had been in the past. ALOT. I'm very happy with how it's gone. Everything about this draft has gotten better. Except GMs still pick poorly, but I don't think we can make a mandate to change that. Can we make a mandate to change that? Like a program that shuts off your computer if your pick is like 3 rounds early? Can we do that?

But we need to look at prep a bit more.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Championship

Shadow_of_Durron vs. MandaloreYak (1)

Third-Place

Axle_Starweilder (1) vs. Trimaj

Fifth-Place

The_Loyal_Imperial vs. The_Chim (1)

Seventh-Place

RX_Sith (1) vs. KiwiRogue

Give me Five?

The Darkness TRUMPED with Swamp Thing vs. Firestorm
    Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Cassandra Nova Xavier
    Gladiator vs. Cable & Domino (Prepared)
    Dr. Fate (Prepared) vs. Kyle Rayner TRUMPED with Power Girl

7. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Trimaj... Is it worth it?

9. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    he recycled some draft numbers on me before in the jedi draft.
    i just figured i'd skin that smokewagon to see what would happen.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I have no particular strategy with numbers, though sometimes I do put them in order of who I think would lead the charge or something, I did that a bit this time.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trimaj didn't get numbers in, so I used his set from last time.

Kiwi got that treatment three rounds ago. This round and last round he got RNGed.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ah, I see.

Well, I know Trimaj recycled his numbers when he played Durron, so he may very well have done the same thing anyway lol.

Only 1 RNG out of 8. Man, I wish we could get that ratio with 16.

13. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Tony is capable of Thorbuster, but can't power it anymore. WW in the last two years has been seen using the gauntlets, and clearly has used them more recently than anyone else. She still has possesion of them. I know you want to be "fair," but most people wouldn't prep WW in the first place. It's almost like prepping Apoc. Their already first rounders, prepping them makes them neigh unbeatable. It's like guaranteeing a win. If she has them, and uses them, she should get them with prep. Especially since she is going against two Super Bricks. I'm all but certain she would bring them out. She used them against genocide when she was out matched, why wouldn't she use them here... no offense, but stop whining about making a good decision.

14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    The Darkness TRUMPED with Swamp Thing vs. Firestorm
    Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Cassandra Nova Xavier
    Gladiator vs. Cable & Domino (Prepared)
    Dr. Fate (Prepared) vs. Kyle Rayner TRUMPED with Power Girl[/quote]

These are just my leans. Arguments would be great since they are tough matches.

Firestorm mainly because he is durable enough to withstand the assault from these two, and has crazy high offense.
    IP Prepped has won this already, unless ak wants to say why this shouldn't happen
    Psychics with prep should beat Gladiator because his strength is based on his courage/confidence
    Dr. Fate I feel could simulate kryptonite, and then beat Kyle head up...

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Not questioning the decision, it's just some things are overpowered. And it's not like we get rid of stuff when it gets destroyed as Thorbuster was. Otherwise we wouldn't even have this version of Cable in, at all... And more examples. Zemo w Moonstones for 1. Ironman has had Thorbuster (at least according to the current version of the story) for almost since he's met Thor, that's a long time, but the armor was outlawed clearly for power reasons. And I'd argue it's still not as good as WW with the gauntlets. That's why we stripped Cyborg Supes of the rings, and why I'm definitely looking to strip Mongul of the ring next time considering he's top tier with no rings. When I prepped WW I was thinking sword. The other stuff, fine, even though teleporting WW is already very very hard to beat. But the gauntlets? Can we drop that next time? Kthx.

16. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I'm pretty sure Zemo has the moonstones... ahhh finally I get what you're saying. Well, maybe we will take it out next draft. But still, who preps WW?

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    A guy with no one else except Atrocitus or Firestorm to prep, who doesn't know if the judges would vote WW over Lobo.

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
  19. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I am very sure that Firestorm and mah boi have had at it before, and it didn't turn out so hot for flames for hair. I'll go look that up.

20. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    http://firestormfan.com/2010/11/12/elemental-war-3/

Seems like when he turned up the heat... ST wasn't a match.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Seems like they didn't fight at all. And seems like it was a different version of Firestorm with different powers. Seems like it's totally irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naiad_%28comics%29

22. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, that was pretty irrelevant, Luigi. You are a stupid.

23. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Does anyone want to argue anymore. Even post something. The fun of this draft is subsiding fast...

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/34110e4524.gif]
    [image=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4826/1247895251440.gif]

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Arguing is not what we do here. I've been lookin forward to Animated for awhile now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.