main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode V: Excelsior! (Winner: BartSimpson-SithLord... aww what a champion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You had an idea?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Actually, the Jungle/forest I was going to use, at least for the Krypton conference, was Mogo.

EDIT: Here's my original eight suggestions.

Gotham City Warehouse, In front of Daily Planet in Metropolis, The Forests of Mogo, In Front of Flash Museum in Keystone City, Times Square, AIM Lab facility, SHIELD Hellicarrier, Xavier Institute.

I may change the AIM lab to something else because

I want to Add MODOK to the list.

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Was winning more than one battle in the championship it?

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh, right. that idea.

here's the problem. If you go with 8-team conferences round robin, you play 7 games. So some teams get 4 home games, some teams get 3 home games. Unfair.

So you expand to 8 games. So, which team do you play twice? How unfair is it to the borderline playoff team that plays the best team twice?

I suppose you could go to 4 4-team divisions, and just play everyone home-and-away, but ... I dunno. Seems like more trouble than its worth. Or, you could play 14 matches. :p

Edit: Chim = teh awesome for that post.

6. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Val suggested(via phone) that the circus is on the list. That way Robin has a chance.

How about the JL watchtower? Apokalips? Oa?

7. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    ^^

Atlantis City, Themyscira

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Morlocks underground? Arkham Asylum?

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So you expand to 8 games. So, which team do you play twice? How unfair is it to the borderline playoff team that plays the best team twice?

What part of one "interconference game" did you not get?

I know, the Chim. Me:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/paflo/manningpwned.bmp]

At least I made it to the playoffs.

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    <---- Resists change.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Resist upheld.

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    <---- got to playoffs. :p

13. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Ah so we're thinking of using locations next time well I guess they should be as diverse as possible.

Possible locations:

Underground
    The Beach
    The Jungle
    A Cliff
    Times Square
    Mountain Peak/Snow
    The Colosseum

14. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    team battles should take place in a large, open Coliseum type arena.
    that way it evens out. and I think the more environments we have the more difficult it gets.

stick with 8, or at most 15-20.

15. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Why not just do it like it is done in the Jedi Draft and allow everything except space and underwater, as long as both contestants can stand on firm ground and breathe at the start of the match I don't think we really need any restrictions.

EDIT: I just thought of something I wanted to bring up regarding new possible characters. Durron mentioned once (at least I think it was him), about upgrading Kyle Rayner from his normal GL status to the non-uber Ion status. If we do that there are a few other characters we could tweek allowing us to bring in a few others, for instance....

~Upgrade Kyle to Ion.
    ~Upgrade Spawn from 1st age to 3rd age.
    ~Allow the current status of Annihilus to be used.
    ~Add Quasar
    ~Add Lightray (A New God in DC, a bit less powerful compaired to SS but very similar)
    ~Nova (Maybe? He is fairly powerful even for this list)
    ~Sentry (His feats are getting much more realistic, and if put against someone like a 3rd age Spawn with way more experience I would think it a close match in favor of Spawn)

I had a few others, but I can't remember them at the moment. [face_thinking]

PS: Add Black Knight! :D

EDIT 2: I remember now! [face_dancing]

:p

OK, since Thanos has been shown dying by Drax's hands, Thanos isn't an unstoppable team wrecking crew anymore. The only reason he was before is because Death wouldn't allow him to die, but now he can and if some more powerful people are added he isn't really a auto win for team matches (especially for those with Drax on a team.....hey that guy finally could be useful! :p)

Ok so then we could also add one more dude...

~Add Takion (another DC fellow kinda like SS, around Cap Atom in power....maybe a hair better)

Just tossing out options.

16. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    3rd age Spawn is not an upgrade from 1st age Spawn.

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Sure is, not in power really but in experience and the skill in which he can use his powers. The difference would be like judging Nate as a rookie instead of at his end of career peak. IMO it is a sizable difference. ;)

EDIT: The 1st Age Spawn also has some limit to his power right? At least I thought so. He used to be limited to what he could do, but after killing Malebolgia that restriction was removed, and IIRC has not been reinstated for the 3rd Age Spawn. So there would be a bit of difference there as well, correct me if I am wrong though because I am no Spawn expert.

18. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    The Sentry should definitely be added, obviously as a power lister.

only downside of the Sentry is that you'd have to have The Void to counter him.
    makes for a sweet team battle though... *whistles*

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Nate's not a good example. The two situations aren't really at all alike. And power isn't the only thing 3rd age Spawn lost.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What? The only power Spawn lost was the power of God which he gained in the 2nd Age, 3rd Age is no weaker than 1st Age and if anything he is more dangerous because he isn't limited to how much power he can use (a limit which 1st age had until Malebolgia's death). Plus 3rd Age has tons more on the job experience and skill than 1st Age.

Or am I reading the differences between the Ages all wrong?

EDIT: That is really confusing. :p

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Nope, 3rd age doesn't have the 9.9.9.9 limit that 1st age did. And yes, he is more experienced. But in addition to having a power level that's less than 1st age (though not terribly so), one of the absolute most critical attributes that makes 1st age so tough to defeat, his insane durability and healing factor, is long gone. The necro armor is still there, and can still take a good beating, but underneath it, he's 100% human.

And really, the power limit on 1st age is hardly a factor. It took him well over 50 issues and a lot of heavy useage for him to burn through it the first time. The chances of him burning through it all in a single fight against all but... pretty much nobody, is remote at best.

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Gotcha. I didn't know about the healing and him being human again. That clears that up. :p

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Also, it was stated by Tom Brevoort (I think) that *only* Drax could kill Thanos, and only that current version. Thanos would still regulate against anyone else.

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I figured it was a reach with Thanos, I like him. :D

So what about the others....there are still about 4 others in there that could be considered.

PS: What about this All star thing? I still only have 3 ballots, what should I do? Just forget it?

25. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Um... What about taking out people who are just on the list but no one really knows about, or no one ever picks? I've got now a pretty solid grasp on Gorgon I think, though I don't know the level of his TP ability (he always goes the physical approach first, and usually it gets the job done before anything else is necessary). But there are some people on the list, a la Jack of Hearts, that are just... Out there, and could be replaced by better-known chars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.