main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Mini-Draft 1.0 / Rise of the Scrubs - drafting in progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mikaboshi, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    COMMISH???

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I ain't doin' nothin'.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    That's pretty much what I was thinking... yes you Yak. You're on here too frequently to not be involved and you're ideas are good ones. The judging thing, Yeah I guess it would work like that and maybe throw Yak in for good measure too?

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Eh... If no one else steps up and D1 doesn't return I guess I can commish...

5. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well he hasn't logged in going on two weeks now and his last post was almost a week ago as well IIRC. I hope everything is ok. Surprise vacation?

Another problem is that some of these GMs never logged in much to begin with and probably aren't logging in much now either. So us posting our full sets of numbers might pose just as big of a problem. Uggh I hope D1 comes back. I am having fun with this draft I don't want it to go to single elimination for the sake of getting it done.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Despite the fact that I have told you... I cannot tell you how much I want this draft to be over.

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Haters gonna hate. Yak are you gonna change your sig for when you are commissioner?

8. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Chim made another good point, several GM don't log on much. Even with a new Commish, it may take a while to get it regoing if ever without replacing people. When can we declare this draft a failure and go on to something else?

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    How about now?

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm for now.

11. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
  12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I personally don't want to let this just die and be declared a failure. If there is anything we can do to finish it I am all for it. It is a big holiday weekend so I doubt any of you will be on here at all anyway so what's he hurry? Can we just wait and see if D1 comes back or something after the fourth?

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I am with Chim on this. I'd like to continue if Despised is willing. Making a change to judges is fine. And posting matches 2 at a time would also keep things going.

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Nat and I are trying to establish a conversation with Despised so that we can work towards getting this draft moving again.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    ::Tear:: The optimism of today's youth. So encouraging.

To them.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's also get back to what used to have drafts and matches going quickly. Judges judge when they see a match, and give a good explanation. If you have arguments, try to change their mind and get a flop. That would be a HUGE step towards shortening drafts.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I think a hard limit might help that. GMs have 24 hours to get a good argument in. After that, Judges make their judgement. After 24-48 hours, we move on. Assuming a judge is inactive, we could have the commish break any ties. That gets us through 2 sets of 2 matches a week.

18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm pretty sure a time limit was supposed to be in place from the start of this one.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It was.

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's flip that. A GM has at most 48 hours to post an argument from the time a judge makes a judgment post to ask for a flop. If he can't, then it moves on and there will be no flop.

Let a judge post his thoughts right away and make a judgment. Then, the burden of proof is on a GM to overcome those notions (and know exactly what he's up against).

It keeps us moving along.

21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Great idea, the way I thought it should be from the beginning.

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok so I don't know if this will help but I just felt like posting something because we need some movement in here it is stale. Here are my first round numbers....

1. Sabretooth TRUMPED WITH Avalanche vs Livewire/Bishop Trump (forfeit) W
    2. Sunspot vs Magik/Raven Trump (forfeit) W
    3. Sasquatch* (prepared)
    4. Post vs Bishop/ Livewire Trump W
    5. Venom
    6. Deadpool & Taskmaster (prepared) Raven/Magik Trump W
    7. Thunderbird (616)
    8. Avalanche TRUMPED WITH Sabretooth (forfeit) L

So without my auto loss from #8 being called I am up 4-0. Pretty sure between my last three guys I can pull out a win to knock it away from teams, but who knows?

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Mine:
    1. Live Wire TRUMPED with Bishop (F)
    2. Raven (prepared) TRUMPED with Magik (prepared) (F)
    3. Cyborg/Beast Boy
    4. Bishop TRUMPED with Live Wire (L)
    5. The Thing
    6. Magik (prepared) TRUMPED with Raven (prepared)(L)
    7. Poison Ivy TRUMPED with Captain Boomerang (F)
    8. Captain Boomerang TRUMPED with Poison Ivy (W)

So it would come down to BB/Cyborg (whom I think have enough to win) and Thing vs. Venom who I also think has it in him to win.

Regardless, it stands at 5-1. no matter what.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I was doing a little computation in my head to prove the diceroll is undeniably a benefit to judging, but I was on my bed and fell asleep. I'll get back to it later.

I think Thing needs a very good roll, and so does the Titan trump, to pull that out.

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Holy trumps Batman! :eek: It's a shame my trump hit a forfeit, those would have both been interesting to see. Real slobber knockers and with rolls...anything could have happened, but either way would have been better than the auto win/loss we had.

Hmm... yeah I agree with the roll comment, two very good on your side and two very poor on mine for them to pull the wins. I can see Venom getting lamed with a bad roll. It is too bad it wasn't Sasquatch vs Thing though, that fight has already happened and would have been pretty cut and dry especially here with prep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.