main
side
curve
  1. The Summer 2020 RPF Awards

Greetings Guest, it is awards season!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! To see the winners of the Summer 2020 Awards, visit here

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Thriller The Coming Darkness - A Clone Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheAdmiral, Apr 5, 2020.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

IC: Cera Tan

Cera was in her element walking through the base. Clones and non-Clones were running around. They were preparing for being shipped off towards Obroa Skai. Sparks flew from torches fixing vehicles. Shouts and laughter could be heard from the people around her. It was business as usual. They knew where they were going and had some information what to expect.

Commander Rem walked beside her in his ARC Trooper armor. He was a regular Clone promoted to this high position unlike the Alpha and Null ARCs, who were born into it. That spoke volumes of his skills. He was fiercely loyal to her, though Cera sensed something more, a feeling she reciprocated but never revealed. After all it was something impossible.

They stopped and in an open area to observe the Dreadnaught-Class Heavy Cruiser being prepared for the mission. The Clones that were assigned to them were a hodge podge from different units so the armours bore different colours. Though she did not fail to notice a group of Shocktroopers. That was bad news, they could cause trouble, but they were always sent when having to arrest an enemy Force user.

The familiar sound of a LAAT/i, or Larty as the Clones called the gunships, could be heard through the commotion. She turned to see it approach. She could sense her new companions inside. The transport landed nearby opening its bay doors allowing for the Jedi to disembark “Welcome, you have arrived just in time!” she shouted so that she could be heard from the roar of the engines.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth @Kurisan

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 9 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Elk Kya
    Watching

It was not a sight he ever wanted to get used to.

Jedi mobilising for war.

A Dreadnaught-class was a good, hardy, ship, used by the Republic before the Clone Wars and so he was used to Judicials using them on particularly stubborn situations. But the clones... and the LAAT/i transports... he didn't want to get used to them.

"Welcome, you have arrived just in time!”

Elk grinned, shouting over the noise. "Story of my life!"

He couldn't help himself.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @Kurisan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Lynnori Fardreamer

Lynnori took in the Dreadnaught cruiser and the bustling activity.
    She nodded in acknowledgement of the welcome but did not speak over the noise of mobilizing.

@TheAdmiral \ @Sinrebirth \ @Kurisan

Kurisan likes this.
  4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Maya Qwan, 327th Star Corps’ Staging Area, Coruscant

Maya slipped from the LAAT/I behind the other knights and drank in all the details of the busy scene, and the impressive magnitude of the starship they would be traveling upon. Her spine tingled with excitement.

Master Cera welcomed them, Master Elk responded.

Maya noticed the clone solider next to the Arkanian and tried not to stare. She had glimpsed clones at a distance before, during her time on Kamino for the Delta-7 training in the orbital arenas. But never one this close. And soon she would be traveling on a starship packed with hundreds of them.

She was not sure what to make of them yet. She had heard some senior knights dismiss them as little more than organic droids - expendable war resources. On the other hand, she knew knights such as Master Kenobi afforded them the same respect as any sentient, forming relationships and using nicknames.

She remembered her own Master Chodo's deep concerns. He was convinced they were drenched in Dark Side potential, and that their creation was an evil act.

All she saw right now were a lot of very big, very strong men; professional soldiers working for the Republic. She decided to keep an open mind.

One thought did come to her, however: This doesn't seem very covert to me?

@TheAdmiral

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004

Cera pursed her lips, the situation was not ideal, she was still unsure about the mission and their capability to carry it out. But if the Masters were convinced she would abide by their decision. The preparations were at their final stages. She could see the TX-130s being loaded on-board the Dreadnaught. They were going to be the vehicles to be used on the ground for swift and safe insertion, along with the BARC speeder bikes.

They had to maintain the illusion that they were there to reinforce the defense of Obroa Skai. Ideally they should have been given a squad of Republic Commandos or ARCs and a LAAT/i but in that way they would have to explain what they were doing. “I see you are almost ready.” Aayla Secura approached them. The beautiful Twi’Lek was smiling warmly at Cera and her group. The Arkanian bowed, even though she was a Knight too, but Secura had seniority. “We should be leaving soon if we are to make it.” she said

“Knight Secura, good to see you.” Cera smiled “May I present you Knights Kya and Fardreamer, and Padawan Qwan.” she gestured towards the rest. The Twi’Lek smiled at them “Good to make your acquaintance, it is sad that we have to meet under such circumstances. I presume you were briefed on the mission? If not you should join us on the flagship to discuss the attack.”

Cera considered that for a moment. She did not want to look standoffish, they had to play the part. “I think it should be fine.” she turned to the ARC next to her “Commander Rem, please make sure that everything is in order on the Empress Theta. We will rejoin you on Obroa Skai.” the Clone saluted and headed towards their ship. “Good, I need to make final preparations, will meet you on-board the Republic’s Pride.” said Aayla and walked away.

“That changes things a bit, but not the essence of it.” Cera turned to the others when Secura could no longer hear them “We have a role to play, also we need to see how we can make the insertion and push towards the main library.”

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    327th Star Corps’ Staging Area, Coruscant

Jedi Knight Secura was a minor legend in the Jedi Temple, what with the infamous circles she walked. She was also renowned as a beautiful Twi'lek, but Elk didn't notice; her firmness in the Force, a kind of sadness that was resolute, he recognised it in many Jedi since the Clone Wars had began. He looked for Bly, her clone commander, and sketched a salute at the man as he continued his duties.

Thankfully, Elk didn't have a personal clone assigned to him, but that didn't mean he didn't respect them, or indeed any clone.

He would never refer to them as a number. "Lead the way, General Tan. Will we have any clones assigned to us?"

TAG: @Kurisan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheAdmiral

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori at 327th Star Corps’ Staging Area, Coruscant

Lynnori acknowledged the introduction to Knight Secura with a thrill of admiring respect.

She listened for Knight Tan's answer about Clones, as posed by Knight Kya.

Tag: @TheAdmiral \ @Sinrebirth @Kurisan

TheAdmiral and Kurisan like this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016

[​IMG]

Maya bowed to the famous Master Secura as she was introduced. Another Knight she would dearly love to learn more from. She would have enjoyed the opportunity to interact more, but the chance was soon gone. She listened to Master Cera's words and quickly deduced two things.

Firstly, even Master Secura was not trusted enough to know of their mission. That was a surprise. The depth of secrecy was thusly demonstrated, and seemed to answer the question already about clones.

Secondly, Master Cera did not know yet how they were to deploy.

Perhaps the Arkanian needed support from her team? Maya did have some experience behind enemy lines after all. She began to raise a hand but caught herself and stopped. She must snap out of that habit.

She cleared her throat and said, "Master Tan, if it helps, I would suggest we look to deploy with or just behind the first wave of the clones' orbital insertion."

She felt all the Knights turn and scrutinise her. She unconsciously reached up one hand and fiddled with her Padawan's braid again.

"Planetfall is a chaotic mass operation and will afford us the chance to slip away to the objective without drawing attention - from either side. I am qualified to fly a Delta-7 if needed. Or those BARCs can cover a lot of ground once we are under the sensors. Or we could use parawings?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004

Cera considered Kya’s question for a second. “It will be on a mission-to-mission basis.” she said finally “They will be there to keep any larger droid forces at bay and provide support.” she was not happy with that decision, but they will be facing enemies that were beyond the Clones’ capabilities to deal with.

She turned to start walking when the Padawan had a question. Cera stopped and turned towards her “That is an excellent suggestion.” she started “We considered that option and we will be utilising this strategy on a case-by-case basis. The problem is that we are part of a larger force and they don’t know why we are here. Maybe one or two of us can slip that way, but the rest must find their way from the Republic’s beachhead.” she paused for a moment then smiled “Here is a good task for all of us, during the briefing to look for an opportunity to justify us being sent there without raising too much attention on us.”

10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016

Maya's cheeks glowed with the praise from the older woman. She also felt a sense of focus forming with the clarity of purpose.

She glanced across at Lynnori and Elk and sighed. She was aching for a chance to just talk and get to know them. But there was more business at hand first. Another briefing.

There would be time on the flight - in between her study sessions at the computer terminals.

TAG @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral @Sinrebirth

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori Fardreamer

Lynn caught the look from Master Tan and that from the Padawan whose astute outspokenness made her eager to get further acquainted. The upcoming briefing would give them a context to move about it as well as something to help concoct a convincing cover, it appeared.

TAG @Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral \ @Sinrebirth

Kurisan and TheAdmiral like this.
  12. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004

They were going on their first mission together. The fateful moment had passed, there was no turning back. The Clones from the 327th were preparing for the landing, Cera and her trio companions were going through the main hangar. “Padawan, I have been thinking about your suggestion. I think there is a way to “sell” the idea of having us split up.” she paused and eyed the others as well “You and Lynnori, along with a squad of Clones will be landing in the Administrative district. It is not so heavily contested, but you will make your way from there to the main Library.” she eyed the Padawan and Knight Fardreamer “Knight Kya is known for his work with orphans, there is a refugee camp in the outskirts. You will provide relief to them, but see if there are some former administrators or librarians who can give useful information after that you can move towards the Library as well, there will be Clones with you too. And I will be leading the main thrust, hopefully I will rejoin you there.” they were approaching the conference room, hopefully they had their story straight.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Briefing room

"Knight Kya is known for his work with orphans, there is a refugee camp in the outskirts. You will provide relief to them, but see if there are some former administrators or librarians who can give useful information after that you can move towards the Library as well, there will be Clones with you too. And I will be leading the main thrust, hopefully I will rejoin you there.”
    Elk nodded to Cera.

"Useful information, right... maybe ways into the Library not on the records and the like," Elk said. "I'll need the maps we do have, so I can show them off, if I do find any... but I also don't want anymore than four clones, if I can't get by with one." Or none, he thought. "I don't want to intimidate the refugees."

TAG: @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

14. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Maya Qwan, “Republic’s Pride”, en-route to Obroa Skai, en-route to conference room

Maya nodded understanding. She glanced again at Master Kya. She had not known about his work with orphans. That was... interesting. Maya was an orphan.

She flashed back on an old memory, of Master Tzu, the old dojo master that had taken her in back on Babali. That seemed so long ago now. She wondered what he would make of her now. Master Kya was as different to Master Tzu, physically, as it was possible to be, but he did project the same calm wisdom. And now she knew he had a kind side.

Maya refocused as they were about to enter the meeting.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral

15. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Arrival at Obroa Skai

The fleet arrived at the besieged Library World. A space battle of epic proportions was going on in orbit. The comms were flooded with the voices of thousands of Clones, some reporting successes, others cried for help and quite a lot screamed in pain their lives extinguished in brilliant flashes. Massive warships broke apart from multiple blasts and torpedo hits.

The LAAT/i and LAAT/t were launched from the massive hangars of the Venators, Accalamators, Dreadnaughts and the single VicSD. Fighters shot up to protect them as a flight of Tri-fighters and Vultures swarmed them. The comm. Frequencies filled with new cries of pain and terror. One of the LAAT/i bay doors was shot spilling Clones to the vacuum of space where their armors would keep them alive for a short while and then die violent deaths. Some bodies crashed into the cockpits of other transports. One such Gunship was struck pretty hard as the frontal canopy broke and the mangled body of the Clone was thrown away. That transport lost control and crashed into another one.

The surviving Larties approached the upper atmosphere. Their chassis started to glow from the friction of the entry. They did not have the luxury of shields. The Clones and Jedi inside had to endure the turbulence and the flashing red lights indicating that they should be ready.

When the crafts stabilized it meant that they were safely in the atmosphere of Obra Skai. The outlines of a massive city could be seen. Even from the distance smoke trails as missiles were being shot in the sky, some puffs of explosions. Hyena Bombers carpet-bombing whole neighbourhoods, Republic fighters trying to chase them off. Y-wings in turn were doing strafing runs at CIS positions.

Artillery fire was being exchanged. The gargantuan SPHA-Ts were laying waste to the enemy positions. Smoke and fire filled the once beautiful streets of this planet repository of the Galaxy’s knowledge.

Then something even more horrible happened. An Acclamator that was preparing to land received multiple hits from Proton cannons and missiles. Its descend accelerated uncontrollably. The ship plummeted and crashed in a city sector leveling all the buildings in its wake.

To a Jedi, unaccustomed to the slaughter that was going on, that could cause a flood of emotions overloading their senses. Most were now used to this, a fact a lot of them felt uncomfortable admitting.

A LAAT/i holding a young Padawan and a Knight broke formation and headed towards its designated target. They were to land in the Administrative district. There seemed to be a small park where they could do that. They were to proceed towards the main Library, which seemed miraculously untouched. This approach did not go unnoticed by the enemy though. A B1 Battle Droid holding a portable Surface to Air Missile Launcher shot it down, before it could deploy flares. The pilot was good enough and managed to crash land them on a lawn of the park. Some of the Clones inside died, but the two Jedi were alright. The gunship skidded to a halt leaving destruction in its wake in the once pristine recreational area. It seems the enemy had overrun that sector… the intel was wrong. A couple of groups of B1s and B2s were fast approaching the crash area. Will the Jedi and the Clones be able to take them out?

Meanwhile, Knight Kya, arrived in the outskirts in one of the Republic Shuttles that carried supplies for the refugee camp. He was met by an arrogant non-Clone officer. Who did not want to have anything to do with the Jedi wizard. He was hiding something. There was fear in the eyes of the refugees. Normally that would not have been surprising, but there was something more that was being hidden.

And finally Cera Tan. She and General Secura were thrown right in the mix of the largest battle that sprawled for most parts of the city. Knight Tan had her own agenda, she was to link up with Commander Rem and then try to break through the enemy frontline and push for the Library. Something that felt quite dubious at the moment…

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Kurisan - feel free to describe the battle in the park as you see fit, also @Kurisan feel free to use the medical droid that you PMed me

@Sinrebirth - we can do a combo for the refugee camp or you can first describe Kya's reaction to the carnage that he had witnessed from the shuttle

16. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Maya Qwan, Obroa Skai, Park of the Guardians,

Maya staggered from the wrecked Larty, her legs wobbling. Her earlier claim to be familiar with frontline combat now seemed like a false boast. She had never experienced the large scale ultraviolence of a planetfall invasion operation. Sewosta had been nothing like this. The death and terror reverberated through the Force, and though Maya was not as attuned as many Jedi to the Sense discipline, even she felt sickened by the dark echoes.

She worried about Lynnori; during the voyage she had learned of the Knight’s empathic abilities. She would be feeling it a hundred times more strongly.

Maya stared about the park, the mature uneti trees, and the ruins of the city beyond. Distant fires lit up the night. The stench of drifting smoke spoiled the fresh alpine scent of the greenery. Her ears were filled with a muted buzzing, the symptoms of shellshock. She looked back at the crashed Larty, buried into the loam at a skewed angle. Lynnori was clear and apparently in one piece. Maya did not like the chances of any clones making it out.

Maya’s hearing abruptly returned to normal and she swayed with dizziness. She detected clanking footsteps and whirled. Battle droids were approaching. She spotted two groups, coming from different directions.

Maya reached for her lightsaber. The Force steadied her limbs and the familiar weight of her weapon in her hand steadied her senses. The immediate peril focused her mind.

She appraised the situation. There were a fair-sized amount approaching from the south, and, oh. B2 Super Battle Droids coming from the west. Wonderful. The B2s’ armour meant you could not knock them down quickly with single deflected blaster bolts; you needed to get in amongst them and use the saber.

She checked the closing distance of both squads of enemy automatons. The Super Battle Droids were closer and moving faster.

Maya skipped back towards Lynnori. “Master, are you alright?”

The B1s made poor soldiers, individually, but their strength was in numbers. If you allowed them to surround you and focus their fire, they could overwhelm even Jedi. Maya’s own technique derived from martial arts previously learned on Babali and utilised movement and acrobatics, dancing to avoid that problem. But she was not sure about Lynnori. They had chatted at length but not sparred. Maya recognised they needed to know the Larty had no other survivors before abandoning the position.

She did not want to presume anything with the more senior Knight, but she made a suggestion.

“How about I take out those Supers while you keep those B1s at bay?”

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori felt the onslaught of the devastation in almost a physical bolt. She noticed the young Padawan's reaction and quick rally and approved. She had learned that Maya could be impulsive, but her actions could also be ... inspired.

At Maya's suggestion, she agreed. "We need to stay close to reinforce one another as well." She responded.

@Kurisan

Kurisan likes this.
  18. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016

[​IMG]

Maya nodded with a grin to Lynnori. “I’ll be right back.”

She ignited the lightsaber. The bright blue blade caught the attention of the advancing Super Battle Droids and their red optic sensors focused on her.

She sprang into action, running at an angle. Jinking threw their targeting programmes for the first few moments, but they soon adjusted. Maya focused and the Force channelled through her. The confrontation became a dance. Laser-straight trajectories became in her mind curved arcs of timing and movement.

The killer robots pumped blaster bolts at her. The Chai-Te instincts kicked in, and her blade whirled in a blur. She tried to deflect back at their eyes – the optic sensors were impossibly small targets, but the weakest point in the armour. A headshot would disorient them for a few moments, at least.

She needed a few more moments to get into hand-to-hand.

The storm of ruby arrows intensified. They were sharing targeting data. Maya leapt and pirouetted, batting back the bolts...

TAG @TheAdmiral @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC -- Lynnori [on Obroa Skai]

Lynnori took note of Maya's acrobatic engagement with the droids. She showed an innate agility and speed.

She simultaneously was dealing with the reputedly dim-bulbed B1 droids. She aimed for their capacitors and receptors while deflecting their bolts backk at them, frying their circuits.

Lynnori expertly handled two pesky ones as she levitated and propelled into the targeting scopes of its companion before it could readjust and they went down in a tangle of limbs.

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral

20. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    ** GM approved **

Maya’s lightsaber met the red blaster bolts and deflected them sizzling back at the automatons.

She paused for refuge behind a huge tree with a trunk as thick as an ortolan. A ripple in the Force and she glanced back to Knight Fardreamer. She briefly witnessed the Jedi execute a sublime Force Strike, hurling one battle droid and smashing it into another like skittles. I’ve got to get the hang of that, she murmured in admiration.

Blasts shredded the dense wood of the tree around her and Maya sprang into motion again. At ten paces she launched into a high leap. The ruby tracers tracked her through the evening air as she somersaulted.

She landed in a crouch before the foremost metallic hulk, then tumbled into a roll past it before rising and turning. Her blue blade fizzed in a horizontal arc and slammed into its abdomen. Maya drove it with the full force of her martial skill, channelling every pound of her light weight into its momentum, and it shaved the droid almost in two at the hips.

More came. At close range a storm of blasts surged toward Maya. Too many, too concentrated. She flipped and turned her shoulders just a fraction too late. One blast clipped her upper arm, scorching a red wound. Maya cried out. She was lucky it was just a glancing hit, but it would leave a mark.

She cartwheeled between two more. They turned ponderously. She cut one at the elbow as it extended its blasters towards her, and then rammed the tip of her saber into the optic sensor orb of the other. Coils of electric discharge enveloped them as they collapsed.

She deflected a blast back at another of the robotic killers, scoring a head-shot. It staggered back and she followed up quickly, springing forward and punching the blade into another optic sensor.

That’s it? She paused, breathing heavily. She saw another metallic shape swooping between trees toward her and blinked. In the falling night she did not quite make out the shape. Not a B2, maybe a different droid.

In her moment of distraction, the droid she had earlier partially disarmed managed a blow from behind, punching her between the shoulder blades with its crackling now blaster-less outstretched arm. The electrical discharge jolted through Maya and she cried out, falling to her knees. The droid toppled on top of her and she just managed to roll and point her blade upward in time so that the falling bulk of the robot impaled itself upon the saber.

She deactivated her blade and wriggled out from beneath the metal beast – luckily the outstretched arm now dug into the cool soil and meant the full weight of the thing had not pinned her down.

Suddenly another pair of robotic claws grabbed her ankles and began dragging her away from the fallen B2. Maya gasped and re-ignited the saber. Her assailant squeaked and let go.

“Don’t attack! Don’t attack!”

She blinked and saw a hovering medical droid. The shape that had distracted her before.

[​IMG]

“Who are you?” she said as it retreated and raised its hands.

“N-I-M-6,” it said. Or rather, she said, for it was programmed with a shrill female voice. “I was on the transport with you, I am an emergency medical droid.”

Maya remembered, yes she was, stationed at a power socket in a corner in ready-mode. The crash must have sent her into a spin and activated her programme.

“The soldiers call me Nim, or Aunt Nimmy, or Nimmy, you know, they like nicknames and…”

“Alright, I get it,” said Maya, rising and interrupting. “Let’s move.”

“Oh, but you are injured,” said the droid, gesturing toward her arm.

“I’ll live,” said Maya, brushing past Nim, “Come on, I need to get back to my Master.”

She jogged toward the crashed LAAT/i. Nim easily kept up with her, zipping along on repulsors.

“Excuse me young lady, what is your name?”

“Maya Qwan – call me Maya.”

“Well, Maya, I can read your physical age and you are far too young to be here, you know that?”

“What are you, my mother?”

“And those clothes! Maya, you will catch a cold on this planet!”

Maya halted and rounded on Nim. A thought had come to her as they closed on the transport and Lynnori.

“Nim, tell me; did any of the clones survive the crash?”

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori handled a trio of incoming droids by slicing through their midsections in a continuous arc with her blade.

She moved closer to the transport and watched in fascination as Maya handled an onslaught of droids with acrobatic agility.

Then a droid of some type came up and exchanged a few words with Maya and they headed back to the transport.

Lynnori awaited the droid's answer about the clones with interest. Something told her the presence or absence of clones could be crucial to their mission.

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    What fresh Corellian Hell is this?

He'd been in battles, but comparing cold, isolated Rhen Var to this calamity - a civilised world in the Inner Rim under siege, it was horrendous. The sheer sea of emotions battering Elk tested his resolve, and after a breath he pushed back, creating a bubble of serenity from which he could act without being broken by the pressure of it. His instincts instantly worried for Maya and Lynnori, but especially the Padawan, facing all this violence.

Refocusing, he took in the refugee camp and the non-clone officer before him. There weren't all that manner non-clones at the frontline, save for those who had been Judicials and carried over from the Judicial Starfleet into the Grand Army and new Republic Navy. They were usually older, wiser men, who drew from honourable families who had a long history of military service, especially when there was no central armed forces or even all that much glory in being a Judicial.

And this man, he did not feel like that.

In-fact, he felt quite the opposite.

"I am Knight Kya," the Jedi stated, firmly. "I am here to review the position of the refugee camp and our short-term response." He said it loud enough that any refugees in earshot could hear, and he could gauge whether his arrival created the ordinary hopeful surge in the Force, or whether it would become something all the more pleading and terror-filled... a difficult endeavour as there was a lot of fear on Obroa-Skai right now.

"I am Lieutenant Astley." the man stated flatly and saluted as he was supposed to be "We were not informed that a Jedi was going to personally deliver the relief." he said a bit sarcastically. "This seem rather... excessive. Surely the frontline needs more attention. The Clones are more than capable to deliver the crates." he snickered "I can assure you we are taking good care of the people in here."

"I am sure, Lieutenant." Elk looked around, slightly. "But as it is, no, I don't have something else which deserves my attention. Refugees are important too, you realise." He looked back at Astley, almost blase as he spoke. "Tell me, do you ordinarily speak a General like that? I could have you placed in the brig for a few days to sweeten your disposition?"

Elk cast out his senses to see if the refugees responded to the idea of Astley being removed.

The Lieutenant frowned but maintained his arrogant visage "I am sure you can, but that would be counter-productive. Besides I won't stay long in it." he gave a feral grin "But suit yourself." he gestured. Several Clones in Phase 1 armours appeared. The Republic did not have the credits to rearm all of the Clones. Besides these were older ones, not so needed.

One of the on-lookers, a middle-aged woman tried to send a signal to the Jedi that she wished to speak with him. Hopefully that arrogant officer would not notice. There was something wrong with this camp. Something very wrong.

Elk frowned at the clones, and the officer. Suit yourself. "When you remember the use of the word sir, we shall revisit how long you are in the brig for..." He nodded. "But perhaps, once I have seen how efficiently this camp is ran, I may accept the lax respect of the chain of command."

He waved a hand at the clones. "I shall complete my inspection alone, thank you." Elk had noticed the woman with his peripherals, and stepped not directly towards them, but in a general amble. Soon enough he would catch up... but, just in-case, he held his hilt ready, concealed in his sleeve.

The Clones moved away, not sure what to make of the exchange. The officer barked an order for them to go back to their posts. The camp was in a relatively good shape. Of course it reeked of misery and suffering, but that was the usual when your home was being blasted to smithereens right before your eyes.

One refugee bumped into the Jedi "Oops, I am sorry Master Jedi!" he exclaimed and whispered "They are watching." and moved away. He was a middle-aged man, wearing finer clothes that made him either as a higher ranking official or a merchant.

The mysterious woman trailed the Jedi, trying not to be too obvious about it, looking for an opening...

Elk nodded, but kept his eyes and focus elsewhere, absently stepping around the camp and when he found a point which was not overlooked by the watchful clones, turned around with his head held high, as if he was continuing his inspection and could conceivably 'bump into' the woman.

The woman pretended that she was fiddling with some items nearby. "They came asking for the vault where we kept the data about the Sith Empire's weapons projects. A person called Krennic." she said without turning her head "I was the chief curator of the Jedi exhibition, but they don't know it yet, that vault is elsewhere." she pretended to drop a flimsi "That is the location. They wanted information about the Protectors and a planet called Nouane. I fear that they might confiscate the artefacts and claim a loss due
    to the war."

Elk gestured subtly and drew the flimsi to his hand with the Force, looking not even straight at the woman. "Weapons protects from the Sith Wars?" This was most concerning. Elk wasn't familiar with the Protectors, or Nouane, but he was definitely going to dig into this. War-profiteering was a capital crime in the Republic, too. "Thank you; this could be key to our investigation."

He stepped by her, stopping with his back to her. "Can I do anything for you? Are you being mistreated?"

The woman shook her head "You should go there before they find it." she looked around "Also some of the scientists who lived were rounded up and shipped off-world." the woman looked worried "I fear for the artefacts, someone is taking them, erasing the memories about the history of the Jedi Order."

Elk nodded to himself, not seeing the woman of course but sensing her motions. "Thank you." He said. "I will see what I can do for you either way, even if from afar, after the fact." He strode away, clutching the flimsi in his hand carefully.

He looked around for a clone. "Trooper, I am looking for the officer I was speaking to earlier. Where may I find him?" For some reason, Elk's lightsaber was in his hand, and he felt tense.

It could not be shaked; his senses were begin to unravel a threat.

The Clone touched his helmet talking on his comms. "I am sorry sir, he is currently unavailable." he apologized. The woman scurried away. A Theta-class shuttle with black markings approached. It landed next to the one with which the Jedi came. From it a squad of Shocktroopers disembarked. The leader, Commander Fox, came and started barking orders as soon as they entered the camp. They were looking for someone in the camp.

The Clone in ARC armour approached the Jedi and saluted "General, we did not realize you were here. We were sent to retrieve certain individuals important for the Republic's safety." he approached the Jedi so that he could speak in confidence "We were also lead to believe there are Separatist collaborators here as well. Maybe you could assist us to fish them out."

Elk eyed Fox. “Happy to help, of course. I need to get going as it is. Make sure you send me data on that officer; I’ll need to follow-up with him at a later date.”

The Jedi Knight could sense there were walls of bureaucracy between him and the man already in-place. It was an odd sense of danger; diffuse, completely unfocused, and Elk couldn't pick it out.

This would bear investigation.

The shadow within the Republic was their target, and Elk suspected he had just encountered someone from it. “Lead the way, Fox.”

TAG: @TheAdmiral

23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The two Jedi expertly handled the small group of droids that had attacked them. The night sky was lit up by a series of blue blasts coming from the Republic’s SPHA-T artillery emplacement. They struck somewhere within the city sending plumes of fire into the sky. The park was illuminated as if it was day from the multiple fires around the city.

The ground shook from the explosions, that woke CT-9182 “Zim”, he was the Sergeant in the small group, recently promoted. He was feeling dizzy, his helmet was dented and the visor cracked. Good thing he wore it as it might have been his skull that would have been caved in.

The HUD was not working, which was not surprising so he could not tell the vitals of the other squadmates. The two Jedi were nowhere to be seen. That snapped him to attention. Oh no, no, no! He thought frantically. His first mission after the promotion and he lost his two commanding officers.

The distinct hum of a couple of lightsabers could be heard, along with the clanking of droids. Sounds of battle soon followed. It was rather brief, but the Jedi were efficient. At least he hoped they were the ones who won, or he would be facing the barrel of a droid’s blaster. Zim managed to get on his feet.

The Sergeant checked the other Clones sprawled on the gunship’s floor. Most of them were dead, he pursed his lips, no time for mourning. There were some gruesome images of impaled troopers or ones missing body parts. There were five of them who showed signs of being alive. “Aunt Nimmy!” he shouted, but the medical droid was nowhere to be seen.

Where the blazes was the blasted thing!? He pulled the emergency lever of the bay door and it swished open with a creak “General, Commander!” he shouted as he stepped on solid ground “Are you alright?” he asked as he approached the two Jedi. “I am looking for the medical droid, there are wounded inside.”

He was interrupted by Lynnori’s comm chirping, it was Cera “Lynnori, Maya...” some interference and sounds of battle could be heard “Are you alright? I received report of your crash...” more interference “... I sensed...” scream of pain could be heard over the comm, but was from a Clone “...you alive...” she finished “...complete...” some static “... mission...” then the call ended.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kurisan

Carnor Jax was sitting among the other refugees. He was not from this planet, he and another Sun Guard apprentices, Kir Kanos, had infiltrated the camp posing as two teen brothers, orphans from the war, displaced from the conflict. They had to spend some time on the planet, they were the advance scouts for the actual Sun Guards warriors, who were sent by their master, Darth Sidious, to retrieve the Jedi artefacts and to expunge any mention of a group called the Protectors, a planet Nouane and a person called the Master.

That was above his pay grade, but he was sure that the mission is important. His father was executed for failing a mission for their Master, he had failed to retrieve a holocron. Carnor had sworn that he would not repeat the mistake and that he would bring glory to his family. If only he was not paired with that pesky Kir Kanos, who was his rival, but the Sun Guards thrived on competition.

It was all a test for them. The Sun Guards warriors had posed as Republic Officials, they came with Krennic, who was not interested in the esoteric items, he was looking for data about the Sith Superweapon Projects, along with any scientist or engineer. Carnor’s handler was Agent Blackhole, from Republic’s Intelligence, which was ironic as it seems the Senate and the pesky Jedi were blissfully unaware what was actually going on behind the scenes of the Republic. Oh they were going to get a very rude awakening…

Speaking of the Jedi, there was a complication, one just arrived. Carnor observed him first brush with the Chief Librarian who whispering something, then Jadzia, another librarian. The woman had avoided her fate for now, but the Jedi’s appearance sealed her fate. He would send Kir to deal with her. Carnor was going to stalk the Jedi for now. The newly arrived Clones surely made things more complicated.

TAG: @Sinrebirth - we are going to continue our combo

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Lynnori on Obroa Skai

Lynnori answered the commlink through much static. "Knight Tan, Padawan Kwan and I successfully dealt with the droids. We are uninjured. Where do you want us next?"

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Lynnori (continued)

There was no reply, or if there was, she couldn't hear it.

She suggested to Maya: "Let's head to the library. The others can mobilize any further mop-ups or rescues that need handling. We should leave while all's relatively stable."

@Kurisan