main
side
curve
  1. The Summer 2020 RPF Awards

Greetings Guest, it is awards season!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! To see the winners of the Summer 2020 Awards, visit here

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Thriller The Coming Darkness - A Clone Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheAdmiral, Apr 5, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori agreed with Maya's silent assessment of the situation. She had a feeling something had happened either to Master Tan or Knight Kya. They didn't owe Krennic an explanation if it came to that. He wasn't on their list of contacts or known allies. She gave him a cool glare and sent Maya a silent urging: Let's vanish.

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral

Kurisan and TheAdmiral like this.
  2. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    IC - Maya Qwan, Obroa Skai, Administrative Sector

With Knight Fardreamer's approval now communicated, Maya faced Krennic again.

"Then we must leave you now. Please be sure to let us need to know the next time you need rescuing."

As she and Lynnori sprinted away out of earshot, Maya said, "It's only a few blocks to the library, but I bet they'll double back and go round another way. We won't get much of a head start. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again."

They jogged towards the library. Maya followed up with another comment, "I couldn't get any more from the comlink. Only Master's Kya and Tan are on that frequency. I hope they're not in trouble..."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori answered Maya's comment: "Yes. I had the same thought about the comm frequency. Since we're likely to be ... interrupted at the library, let's make the best use of our time and try to get as much valuable information as we can. I wish there was a way we could do a data-dump upload fast with no tangible, plasfilm files to extract. Can you memorize the information we've come to find and then if pressed by the wrong people spew out a lot of irrelvance? For my part, I'm going to tell them we were looking for the mythical second Jedi Temple or some such obscure thing."

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 9 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Elk Kya
    Continuing to skirmish

The Jedi Knight froze, unsure what he was to do. If he pursued one, the other may intervene, and if one, the other. Each were clearly skilled combatants, and it was more important for him to track down Maya and Lynorri and let them know about the Nouane connection - and the librarians. If they didn't get his message, then the information would be lost. Reaching out with the Force, Elk decided to head to find them.

These assassins were too dangerous to fight alone.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Kurisan

5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Lynnori’s commlink suddenly crackled. “Lynnori, Maya, can you read me?” it was Cera “We were...” some static “... able to break the comm interference...” some more cracking noises followed by the sound of combat in the background then the line stabilized “The CIS had set up a previously unknown artillery position.” there was a grunt and the swish of a lightsaber “They are pummeling our advance towards the administrative sector.” the mechanical voices of battle droids could be heard and the shouts of Clones followed by blasterfire. “We cannot destroy the position as our artillery will wreak havoc there. We need a more precise attack.” the sound of a saber cutting through the chassis of a droid “The Seps have activated the old Anti-Air guns and they are blowing any bomber trying to strafe the position.” the sound of a Walker in the background “You are to either hijack the guns back, the control unit should be somewhere in the vicinity.” some static as an explosion could be heard, then Cera’s cough “Or you should destroy their power generators to disable them. Then you are to report to me for further orders. Cera Tan out.”

There was not much time to react as the scream of two approaching STAP patrols could be heard. Their nimble frames and fast speeds made them tricky adversaries, even for a Jedi.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kurisan

OOC: You two should decide how to approach the mission whether they should retake control over the towers or disable them

[​IMG]

A military grade hover truck was making way through the empty roads. All sorts of debris were littering the way. People had left items in their evacuation lying there. That intermixed with the rubble from the occasional bombing of the residential area. There were throbbing signal lights indicating now empty police roadblocks. Citizens had been corralled there to be transported towards the refugee camps.

The truck was coming from the one that was attacked recently. The Clones were able to retake control of it, but a lot of civilians died, but things had to move on. The Clones driving the truck were going towards the main supply depot, they had to bring medicine and food as their stores were torched by the insurrectionists.

The Clone sitting next to the driver elbowed his companion as he saw a lone figure of a man making way towards the city. He picked up his short barrelled DC-15 and the truck halted to a stop. “You there, hold it right there!” he shouted as he jumped from the truck. Then he saw the lightsaber and blanched underneath the helmet “Oh! I am sorry sir I did not recognize you!” he saluted “Are you going towards the city, we can take you there if you want?”

TAG: @Sinrebirth

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Elk
    City Edge

Elk was so focused on his search with the Force for the other Jedi in his team that he nearly missed the clones heading towards him. The moment the DC-15 was perched he felt the intention like a nudge, and Elk refocused in-time for the man to apologise and salute. If he'd decided to shoot you then, you would have let him by your inattention an internal voice rebuked him, and he smiled slightly.

He sketched an equivalent salute, for a lazy response would have disrespected the man... the clone.

Elk nodded slightly. "Towards the City, certainly." He stepped to the truck and came aboard, perched in the back. "I need a sitrep. I've been cut-off from the battle-net."

TAG: @TheAdmiral

7. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Maya Qwan
    Obroa Skai, Administrative Sector

Maya faced Lynnori as the garbled transmission ended. “The library! Krennic will get there before us!”

There was no point complaining about it, she realised. Master Tan’s orders were clear. They needed to tackle the matter at hand and a fellow Jedi was in distress. Maya scaled up a lightpost to look across the rooftops. “I think I see the AA position.”

She leapt back down with a somersault.

“I guess we destroy the power generators? Or do you want to try and regain the control unit?” Maya’s usual procedure was to just figure it out when she got there.

While Lynnori answered, Maya looked around, wondering how they were going to get there quickly. As if in answer to her question, the whine of STAPs reached her ears. Now, they could be useful transport. She unhooked her lightsaber and looked at Lynnori to see if she was thinking the same thing.

“If we attract their fire, we can deflect back and try and take out the riders?”

TAG: @TheAdmiral @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and TheAdmiral like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori smiled at Maya's on-point questons. "The power generators sound like a direct method and not as complicated as the control unit unless there's an off/on switch on the latter." She paused at the sound of the approaching STAPs.

"Yes, let's 'borrow' those." She agreed with Maya.

9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    “Name is Jahu, sir.” said the driver as he pressed on the pedal to move them forward “We are getting pounded pretty hard, but our forces are making progress.” he started as the truck glided through the empty boulevard “Generals Secura and Monn managed to pierce the front in the center and the North, while General Tan’s forces are being bombarded from the Administrative Sector. The clankers had brought heavy artillery and are mauling her position.”

“LOOK OUT!” the other Clone screamed as a flight of Hyenas flew overhead sending streams of missiles towards the Republic’s spaceport sending plumes of fire and debris. Several V-wings were diverted to intercept them. Somehow they had managed to go through the Republic’s sensor net. “That is bad!” Jahu murmured as the truck stopped in the middle of the road. “We are getting new orders. The spaceport was hit pretty hard, that was where we were headed, to the main supply depot. We are to be diverted to a secondary one. It is close to General Tan’s position. We can take you there if you want, sir?”

Units 134 and 92156 were sent on patrol to cover the artillery position perimeter. If they were organics they would have been bored to death by now so the sudden appearance of the two female meatbags were a welcome diversion “Republic spies! Kill them!” 134 screamed while its companion replied with the usual “Roger, roger!” as the two STAPs spread around spraying crimson blasterfire towards the two Jedi. Due to their high speed they were highly inaccurate but were enough to pin them down for a moment. An information kiosk blew out sending sparks and molten plastic everywhere. They were circling for another attack, going for the kill…

TAG: @Kurisan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori scowled and ducked as flying debris from an information kiosk whizzed through the air.

"Crazy bad aim, thankfully," she commented to Maya. "Let's coordinate our attack and take care of these pesky droids who wouldn't win any awards for personality."

All these distractions to their main objective were frustrating to Lynnori in the extreme, but she was thankful to have Maya along to provide literal assistance as well as suggestions/strategies.

@TheAdmiral \ @Kurisan (welcome a combo) [face_batting]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    TheAdmiral and Kurisan like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Obroa-Skai

“Generals Secura and Monn managed to pierce the front in the center and the North, while General Tan’s forces are being bombarded from the Administrative Sector. The clankers had brought heavy artillery and are mauling her position.”
    Jahu said, and Elk's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Tan and the others. He was about to comment when the Force kicked off -

“LOOK OUT!” the other Clone screamed as a flight of Hyenas flew overhead sending streams of missiles towards the Republic’s spaceport sending plumes of fire and debris. It was a nightmare as the bombers, and the V-wings which chased them off were belated at best. “That is bad!” Jahu murmured as the truck stopped in the middle of the road. “We are getting new orders. The spaceport was hit pretty hard, that was where we were headed, to the main supply depot. We are to be diverted to a secondary one. It is close to General Tan’s position. We can take you there if you want, sir?”

Elk was starting to wonder what curse of the Force had struck Obroa-Skai. "Move out, trooper. I need to reconnect with General Tan. Patch me through to the command net."

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A fun combo with @Kurisan :cool:

~
    Maya looked to Lynnori for guidance. The STAPs zoomed from around the corner. Lynnori activated her lightsaber, so Maya did too. They stood in the middle of the avenue and the bright energy blades immediately attracted the attention of the droids. The automatons opened fire. A kiosk nearby was blown apart as they made one pass.

"Crazy bad aim, thankfully," Fardreamer commented. "Let's coordinate our attack and take care of these pesky droids who wouldn't win any awards for personality."

Maya nodded, turning to face the new direction of attack. "No awards for quick learning, either. Thank goodness they shoot on sight or we wouldn't have any way to drop them!"

She looked at the lightpost again, thinking perhaps to climb up and jump at them as they pass, but Lynnori motioned for her to stay by her side.

Move fast, but be still when it is time to be still, the words of her ancient Master Chodo echoed in her mind.

Maya took up a ready stance and shifted on her feet, blade held high. The STAPs turned in a tight circle and raced back towards them. She exhaled and inhaled, sensing a connection through the Force to Knight Fardreamer. Without words they selected their targets in tandem.

The barrage of ruby beams spat at the two Jedi. In her mind, Maya visualised the trajectories and the motions she needed to make with her lightsaber. With the Force, time seemed to slow down. She batted one away, then two blasts almost simultaneously, pirouetting on the spot to sweep them away with one motion. A fourth arrowed toward her chest just as the droids closed to near range, and offered the best opportunity yet.

Maya presented the saber two-handed in a crosswise position and deflected the red javelin directly back at the torso of the droid shooter...

---

Lynnori noticed Maya's actions. Maya's agility and fluidity of movement with the saber and connection to the Force merged in a seemingly effortless and efficient fashion.

Lynnori meanwhile moved her amethyst blade in a circular arc following each volley from the droids, amplifying them and sending them back towards the STAPs.
    ---

Almost simultaneously, both droid pilots were clubbed from their mounts by their own blaster bolts. The killer robots disintegrated upon contact with the hard ground.

The STAPs glided on for some way, carried by the momentum despite the automatic engine cut-out.

Lynnori and Maya scrambled towards them and leapt onto the still hovering scooters. It took Maya a few moments to acquaint herself with the controls, but they were deliberately rudimentary to allow basic soldier-programmed droids to operate them.

Maya grinned at Lynnori. "I wonder how fast they go?"

Fardreamer smiled back. "Like this?"

She shot off down the avenue.

Maya depressed the accelerator and chased her, heading towards the artillery guns, and the next phase of their mission...

13. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The duo STAPs were gliding through the empty streets. Aside of some broken windows and strewn papers this part of the city looked mostly untouched by the war. The street lighting was on casting eerie shadows. The sounds of the distant explosions could be heard. The blasts from the artillery emplacements flew overhead towards Cera Tan’s position. They were running out of time, the four turrets that needed disabling were shooting down any attempt of the fighters and bombers to break through and engage the canons that were mauling through the ground forces. A stream of missiles flew over them as it seems the CIS had brought hailfire droids to cause further damage.

The two Jedi noticed shadows moving, there was a droid patrol in their path.

The journey with the truck was mostly uneventful, until they approached the frontline. They were passing by ruined buildings, blown vehicles and heaps of scrapped droids. There were plastic bags with the bodies of the dead being prepared to be loaded on other hovertrucks. They had to wait at an intersection for a convoy to pass. Military Police waved them to proceed. At several places they had to swerve under relative cover as Hyenas and Vultures flew overhead. Due to the groundquakes from the powerful explosions masonry and chunks of buildings collapsed on the road. A wall fell on an unsuspecting Clone crushing him on the ground. His comrades screamed and tried to help him, but it was too late. Even armor could not save you from such heavy objects falling from a big height.

The truck reached a checkpoint and Jahu turned in his seat. “I am afraid this is as far as we can take you, sir.” he said apologetically.

A dust covered human officer ran towards them “General Kya, Private Jahu commed me when you were approaching.” he handed the Jedi a commlink “He told me you needed to make contact with General Tan. She is currently pushing through there.” he gestured towards where the fighting was heaviest “I am not sure you can talk to her right now, but there is a squad of Clones ready to be sent to the frontline, maybe you can lead them to her?”

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Heading to the front

He nodded, looking to the heaviest fighting. Elk had forgotten again for a moment that he was a General. "Give me the squad and I'll do what I can."

There wasn't much more to do, save to grimly reach out for General Tan's location. He didn't want to distract her, he simply looked for her in the morass. The battle was a meat grinder, and the soon he helped with it, the better. There was far too much going on, and he needed to reconnect with his team. The Battle of Obroa-Skai wasn't their mission - he needed to tell them what was going on at the camps.

But that meant winning this.

15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Maya Qwan
    Zooming through the streets of Obroa Skai

The two Jedi zipped along on the STAPs. Maya could see - and hear - that they were coming up on their objective. The regular staccato bursts of the anti-aircraft guns were unmistakable. A droid patrol barred their way ahead. Maya bit her lip. Going around might take too long, yet engaging them might alert the target of their approach.

Though she had not scratched the surface yet of the Farseeing Jedi disciplines, Maya every now and then was visited with hunches, instincts, and she had learned to trust them. Her Master Chodo insisted this meant she could certainly develop skills in this field with patience and training, and that he would give her the time to do this once the war ended. Maya was not entirely enthusiastic about that...

But at that moment she would have given anything to peep into the near future, or to touch minds with Master Tan, to help guide their decision. She had had the vague sense recently that Master Elk was reaching out trying to find her and Master Fardreamer. That moment had passed.

Maya felt like every moment lost right now would be costly.

She looked across to Lynnori. "You want me to distract them so you can get through to the AA guns?"

Maya hoped not. She was beginning to feel a connection with the Knight, and believed they were more effective when they fought together.

TAG: @TheAdmiral @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lynnori Fardreamer, on Obroa-Skai -- with Maya Qwan

Lynnori was enjoying the sensation of zipping along the streets on the STAP. She had felt a transient sensation of Master Kya reaching out but it had passed so quickly she almost felt she had imagined it.

Now her full attention was taken by two things: a droid patrol and the sound of the anti-aircraft guns in the near distance.

Lynnori felt an unmistakable sense of urgency. Dispatching the droid patrol could cost them moments they didn't have to spare.

"You want me to distract them so you can get through to the AA guns?" Maya asked.

Lynnori considered swiftly. Dividing up could work to their advantage only if Maya or Lynnori herself didn't become overwhelmed by opposing numbers and they didn't have the chance to team up again.

"A distraction sounds good. But I don't want to get separated, not at this point. Do you have anything that could consume the patrol's attention for long enough?"

@Kurisan

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Maya Qwan
    Zooming through the streets of Obroa Skai

“A distraction sounds good, but I don’t want to get separated, not at this point. Do you have anything that could consume the patrol’s attention for long enough?” said Knight Fardreamer.

Maya looked down. She only had her lightsaber, a comlink, an aquata breather and a credit chip tucked into her cloth belt.

However, an idea came to her. She also had a STAP, and a STAP had a blaster. Though some Jedi considered them to be uncivilized weapons, they could be useful at times.

“Let’s blast our way through?” she said.

TAG: @TheAdmiral @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

18. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Maya Qwan and Lynnori Fardreamer - combo with @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Obroa Skai, Administrative Sector

Lynnori nodded hesitantly at the suggestion of blasting their way through. That was not exactly the civilised Jedi way, but time was short. The STAPs swept along the avenue towards the droids. As they closed the distance, the shadows became forms.

The two Jedi swerved on their speeders as accurate, wide-gauge blasts almost knocked them down.

“They’re sniper droidekas!” said Maya.

Lynnori squinted and spotted the pair of dangerous automatons, crouching like huge beetles behind their cover. The long-barrels of their heavy blasters poked out from behind armour shields and tracked the STAPs.

“Okay, this changes things…” said Lynnori, but Maya had already accelerated hard ahead of her.

“Maya, wait!” said Lynnori.

“Distraction!” Maya shouted over her shoulder.

The young Padawan gritted her teeth and fired back at the droidekas. The STAP shuddered as she thumbed the mounted blasters. Bolts ricocheted harmlessly from the armour plates of the sniper droids.

Then they returned fire.

Maya swerved, but the robots were equipped with advanced targeting equipment for their specialist role. And Maya was not exactly an experienced expert on the ungainly STAP. The range was closing too fast. She was just thinking she would be more agile and stand more chance on her own two feet, when the droidekas made her decision for her.

Caught in a crossfire, she was unable to avoid two simultaneous shots and one smashed into her vehicle. The lightweight contraption disintegrated and Maya had to deploy all her agility to avoid a fatal fall. Still, she landed hard and rolled several times.

She kept low and crawled behind a tree on the promenade at the side of the road. Her left arm hurt, bad. She drew her lightsaber with her right.

The tree exploded. The heavy blasters of the sniper droids hit it again and again. Maya dived and rolled away. She heard the whine of Lynnori’s STAP moving off to her left…

Lynnori had winced upon seeing Maya’s tumble. That one is too reckless, she thought. However, Maya had as promised engaged the full attention of the droidekas, who proceeded to blast apart the tree behind which she had sought refuge.

Lynnori saw her chance. Let me not waste the distraction so dearly bought. She zoomed wide to approach the snipers at an angle. Rather than blasting noisily, she ghosted her speeder between trees until she outflanked the killer robots.

The nearest spotted her and turned and let fly a scarily accurate snapshot. Her STAP was blasted to pieces, but Lynnori had already jumped clear in anticipation.

She twirled to the ground, her robes fanning out like butterfly wings. As she touched down, she took three dainty steps then drove her amethyst lightsaber into the side of the droid. It died with an electronic groan. She looked up. Another one still lurked in standby.

Maya had guessed Lynnori’s plan with a hunch based on the sound of her STAP.

Sure enough, the Knight appeared and took out the one on the left. The other shuffled on its insect-like legs to alter its angle and train the fearsome heavy blaster on the new threat.

“Oh no, you don’t!” said Maya. She rose and sprinted towards the remaining droideka, azure blue lightsaber blade igniting as she ran.

The droid hesitated, evaluating risk-threat vectors as it now had two targets. It swivelled the blaster toward Lynnori, as she was the closer. Maya launched high, somersaulted twice then landed beside the droid and with a shout rammed her blade into its machinery behind the shield plate.

It shuddered then collapsed. Maya also fell to her knees.

Lynnori ran over. “Okay?”

Maya shook her head and indicated her wounded arm, which she held close to her body. “Elbow, I think. Sorry.”

Lynnori ran her hands over the arm and said, “Maya, you have to stop charging directly at every threat like there is no tomorrow. You don't want to be caught in a situation where you're outnumbered and fenced in."

“I know, but we needed a distraction, and we were short on time,” said the Padawan, wincing. Lynnori’s healing energy flooded into the wound and Maya sighed in relief.

“Less haste, more speed,” said Lynnori. “Sometimes pausing to consider strategy more carefully can save time in the longer run.”

Maya nodded acknowledgement of the lesson. "That helped, thanks."

They rose together and surveyed the situation. The STAPs were in pieces. But the AA emplacements were close enough now to approach on foot.

Maya immediately made to set off. Lynnori took her shoulder.

“Look, they have hailfire droids, too,” she said, just as another volley arced skyward at the distant Republic craft. “We will do this carefully. Follow my lead.”

Maya nodded, “Yes, Master.”

19. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The duo Jedi were close enough to the large towers of the AA guns. The top parts were swiveling following some distant targets. Emerald shots criss-crossed the sky, making it more difficult for the Republic fighters and transports to fly around. That part of the area was more desolate. The Republic had tried to knock the last four remaining guns, but mostly had destroyed the buildings surrounding them. There were thick power cables snaking out, but if they were cut they would electrocute whoever did it. They lead somewhere within the area, probably a power station, probably heavily guarded. There was a small building, a former IT company had rented it. The lights were still on and there were some guards in front, that was where the CIS slicer was controlling the turrets from. Now the two Jedi had to decide how to deal with the problem. One option was to disable the power station and render the turrets inoperative, or regain control and add to the defense of the city?

Kya’s squad made a slow advance through the ruined city. Pieces of rubble were strewn around. Dead bodies were being moved by orderlies. They were going to be processed, the pieces of armor and whatever equipment that can be reused will be separated, then the bodies would be incinerated. That was the grim fate of all Clones. The sounds of battle were getting clearer and closer. Also the distinct swish of a lightsaber could be heard over the racket. The Clones accompanying Kya looked at him for orders as they reached a wide boulevard, a wrecked Juggernaut could be seen smouldering in the middle and the frontline being pushed forward under the rain of artillery fire. “It seems the General wants to be closer to the enemy so that they won’t fire on their own.” said one of the Clones.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Obroa City

Listening out for his comrades in the Force and with his ears, Elk looked sullen as he marched his squad through what was left of the city. He could hear a lightsaber, and that spurred him to act, notwithstanding the quip of the clone. He fetched up by the Juggernaut wreckage, using the Force to blow out a flame for safeties sake - for safeties sake, we're in a battle, Elk, he rued - and peered over, looking for friends or foes, for the fulcrum of this ridiculous meatgrinder.

Elk hated this.

All of it.

With a deep breath, he spoke. "Half of you, hold back and provide covering fire. The others; with me - fire at anything droid, and I'll cover you." He nodded grimly. "Keep up, if you would."

At that, he headed into the fray.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Kurisian

21. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Maya Qwan
    Confederate AA Gun Battery, Obroa City

Maya and Lynnori arrived at the nearest corner to the AA battery. The multi-barrelled guns hurled barrages of laser at the skies, swatting away Republic fighters and keeping the heavier artillery out of reach of reprisal bombings.

Maya peered around the jagged edge of the a building. Heavier fighting here littered the area with half-demolished buildings and piles of spoil. But there was a clear run to the enemy battery emplacement. She looked at the heavy duty cable - it had been her first choice on the way here. It lead away to a power plant somewhere out of sight, probably heavily protected underground. The wide-gauge pipe made her doubtful it would be safe to cut with a lightsaber without considerable feedback.

Maya did not want to get flash-fried today, thank you.

The control centre was nearby and only a small number of guards waited out front. Now they were here, this looked more promising. She turned and motioned with only her eyes to Lynnori.

The Jedi Knight returned the silent proposal with a nod. Maya felt gratified they could now communicate so effectively in battlefield situations. She drew her lightsaber but did not activate it. Lynnori did the same.

A strobe of anti-aircraft laser boomed from the turrets, creating sudden stark shadows across the area. The two Jedi took the chance and scampered to the next nearest pile of jagged masonry. They crouched and took cover.

They peeped over and surveyed the control room. Maya tapped Lynnori on her shoulder and motioned with her hands this. I'll go round, climb up then drop down on the guards from behind.

Again, the Knight nodded, then showed her own route with gesture. That pile of spoil there - then close up on there - then you wait for my signal. Maya grinned and gave a thumbs up.

The next barrage erupted and the two female Jedi dashed to execute their coordinated attack. Maya skipped across the rough terrain until she came to the rear of the cabin. She scaled it quickly and trotted across the top, lightfooted so as not to alert the occupants. She crouched and looked down at the guards below her. She waited.

Lynnori was in position, Maya could feel it but not see it. A count of three.

The Knight activated her amethyst blade and dashed out of cover at the guards. They whirled with alarm.

Before they could gather their wits and start firing, Maya dropped from above into their midst and her own sky blue blade appeared.

The melee began...

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral @Sinrebirth (one day we shall meet!)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The barrages of interlocking weapons fire made any comm-to-comm communication impossible, and Lynnori was worried about the status of Masters Tan and Kya, but they had to deactivate the control center.

Lynnori was impressed by Maya's quick and strategic thinking and was glad they could communicate so effortlessly without words.

She made her way to the control center and stayed out of the line of sight of the guards until she sent Maya the "OK, I'm in position" signal and when Maya alighted, the 2 of them sprang their surprise.

Lynnori made quick work of the closer guards, making sure she stunned them and also snatched their commlinks.

Don't want them to call for help before we're ready for them to, she thought with an inner smirk.

She gave Maya a look as if to ask: "Ready to shut this thing off?"
    Gags for:
    @Kurisan

@TheAdmiral

@Sinrebirth

23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: A bit of shameless self-promotion, but I am considering reviving the fan-fic that inspired the game, it serves as a prequel to it: https://boards.theforce.net/threads...w-era-fan-fic-action-drama-intrigue.30532100/

The Clone acknowledged the orders. The ones who were to remain took defensive positions. The others readied themselves to run into the fray. They followed the Jedi but mortar fire started to rain down on them. Plumes of dirt and gravel flew, small pebbles chattered on their armours. One screamed as a grenade exploded underneath tearing him apart.

His remaining brothers gritted their teeth and pressed on. This part of the city was in ruins. They had to avoid falling objects from buildings that were falling apart. Kya could see through the smoke and dust Cera’s lightsaber. She was fighting for her life, the line was about to be broken and the Republic pushed back. The whole staging area could collapse, leaving the Separatists an opportunity to cut the Republic’s advance right in the middle. “Kya!?” Cera turned her head for a second before deflecting a blast “What are you doing here!?” she asked as she cut a Battle Droid in half and pushed the remains towards another one smashing it to pieces. “We need to keep the pressure on until Maya and Lynnori manage to bring down the defenses...” there was no point in debating why Kya was here and not with the refugees. The whole mission was botched from the beginning, she hoped that she could save it. Hopefully the two girls will be fast enough as to bring the AA-guns offline and resume the mission…

IG-912, one of Grievous’ MagnaGuards was assigned to protect the Tactical Droid which was controlling the AA-guns. It was the reason there were far too few guards. They were just there to provide the fearsome droid enough time to attack the assailants.

The snap-hiss and the hum that could be heard outside indicated that they were being assaulted by at least two Jedi. The absence of blue blaster bolts and shouts meant there were no Clones. The Jedi were its favorite prey.

IG-912 produced a burst of binary to the two Super Battle Droids to remain there to protect the Tactical Droid. It was going to deal with the pesky Jedi. The sensors indicated that the enemies were in the building’s lobby, so just underneath them.

If it had a mouth or if it could feel anything like those meatsacks the MagnaGuard would have grinned ferally, but since it was a droid its face was just a blank death mask. It took a detonator and placed it on the floor. It stood clear and pressed the button. The shaped charge directed the blast downwards sending pieces of masonry and permacrete down to the Jedi’s heads.

And before they could react the MagnaGuard jumped down in a whirl, its electrostaff buzzing…

24. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Maya Qwan
    Confederate AA Gun Battery, Obroa City

Maya dealt with the last of the guards outside the AA battery alongside Lynnori. This is almost too easy, she thought as she thrust her lightsaber through the midsection of the final B1.

Then a blast erupted from above. The Force had heralded no warning. Maya was thrown aside by a concussive wave and pieces of masonry rained down on her. She needed a moment to recover but was young and fit and soon flipped back onto her feet again.

Her lightsaber sprang to life again and she faced the new adversary. A MagnaGuard. The thrill spilled down her spine. The Jedi-hunters. She did not know if Lynnori was awake or unconscious and could not take the time to check through the Force right now. The killer robot stomped toward her, weapons spinning.

Maya took a ready stance, energy coiled into her wiry limbs, then sprang to the counter-attack...

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Confederate AA Gun Battery, Obroa City]

Lynnori dispatched her battle-droid with (if not exactly ease) with less difficulty than she might have expected.

Suddenly, her danger sense tingled and she leapt clear as a large chunk of the building came tumbling down and landed with a large, spectacular thud! just inches from where she'd been.

Whew, Lynnori thought, that was way too close. I hope Maya didn't get caught underneath that gigantic collapse!

She looked up in time to see a fearsome droid come hurtlng down with some sort of specialized weaponry charging up.

She moved swiftly to the side, behind some of the now conveniently fallen masnory and probed gently towards Maya, not wanting to distract her focus.

Maya was alert and agilely defending against the droid's attack.

Lynnori sent an image (not words to Maya) -- of providing assistance on the droiid's vulnerable side whenever Maya gave the signal.

@Kurisan

Kurisan likes this.