main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side The Complete Jedi Costume Guide

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep, I can totally shorten both the tunic and cloak. I was just concerned about whether these might be indicative of the size being too big in general all around. I'd hate to get it done and find it was a tent on me! :) Maybe what you're saying is that these tend to just be for taller people, but fit ok once the length is adjusted?

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Hey all. Im doing a CW era Jedi costume that isnt the traditional Jedi look, and Im having some armour on it (think CW Obi wan with less armour)

But, I have no idea how to attach the armour to what I'll be wearing (a long sleeve top)

Any help would be appreciated, Ill put some pics up of what im designing soon

3. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    Taeriel, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Generally the sizing on these patterns is fairly accurate- I've heard that some of Simplicity's patterns run a bit large, but that may not be true in all cases. If you're really concerned, get yourself some cheap bargain fabric and do a mock-up of the tunic using the pattern in the size you think you will need, with the adjustments made for your height. If the thing does run a bit large, you shortened it too much/not enough, or otherwise doesn't fit right, it's better to find out on dollar bin fabric than your good stuff.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, definitely a mock-up! I make mock-ups for most things; it's much more handy to figure out adjustments before the real fabric. I just figure it will save time and effort if I come closer to the right guess the first time. :) Thanks for the advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.